The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Oaks 2020

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Oaks 2020

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 100 total)
  • Author
    Nathan HughesNathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 22016

Born With Pride 25/1
    That was an exceptional debut against decent horses with more experience than her
    I looked at a price for the guineas but thought the Oaks looked better as starting off at a mile you’d expect her to go up in trip and breeding would suggest so too.

Member since March 2008
    Participant
    • Total Posts 22016

Thought I’d bump this up
    any more thoughts.?
    The french winner the other day done it well, may go to the French equivalent
    Quadrilateral looks the one to beat but at the prices I am happy with mine

Member since March 2008
    nwalton
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2019

Full sister to very useful 14furlong winner Raheen House, a nice spot from you back in November Nathan. 12s the best on offer now. Good luck

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9747

I was impressed with that run too Nathan :good: wish I’d taken that price at the time but I might be swayed towards PEACEFUL if she runs as she was the one doing her best work in the finish of that race in the mud and looked as though further would suit,although think she might go for the Irish Oaks.
    Quadrilateral the one to beat…best of luck :good: Jac

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    Participant
    • Total Posts 22016

Looking at what I could after the race on the replay it did look as if both Peaceful and Born with Pride were still going long after the line which is a good sign that they will stay further and considering the going conditions it would have been harder work for them.

Member since March 2008
    nwalton
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2019

Born with pride set to reappear kempton June 3rd ten furlong classic trial

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9747

:good: Will definitely be on.
    Thanks Nick :good:
    Will give us more idea of how she has wintered and if she gets the distance.
    Look forward to seeing the card.
    Jac
    :bye:

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1704

I saw a William Haggas interview that Nick Luck did recently.

He described Born With Pride as not having a turn of foot but will ‘gallop all day’.

He was also asked about the Derby, which I’ve added on the Derby thread.

nwalton
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2019

Born With Pride has been given an entry for Kempton next tuesday 2.45.

hein bollowhein bollow
    Participant
    • Total Posts 952

Probably Quadri won’t get a prep race, but I wouldn’t be afraid of the Haggas fillies.
    In the film in my head (what else could an analysis be after such a long break?) she will win this one, but not the 1000. Only worry is Charlton, is he really capable of preparing a Classic winner :unsure: ?

Participant
    • Total Posts 22016

Born With Pride has been given an entry for Kempton next tuesday 2.45.

Plenty of interesting horses priced up for the classic trial
    Born with Pride 5/2 fav,
    Max Vega 7/2 who was beat a neck by Kenzai Warrior on debut before winning the next two. Kenzai Warrior went on to win the Horris Hill group 3 next time out.
    John Gosden has maiden winner Hypothetical 4/1
    7/1 bar
    Not a walk over for Born with Pride at 1st glance but I’m tempted enough with the 5/2 to have a decent play with Haggas seemingly committed to running

Member since March 2008
    TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9747

I really rate Max Vega Nathan and will be hoping he runs a decent race to boost my 40/1 EW bet on Kenzai Warrior in the 2000 Guineas. Born With Pride will have to put in her best effort to beat him..but I do like her and hope she runs well. :rose: Jac

nwalton
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2019

Highland Chief’s run in The Chesham obviously reads well and will be interesting what price he is if lining up. Probably sit and watch race for me.

hein bollowhein bollow
    Participant
    • Total Posts 952

Pity nobody is writing anything about R.Charlton :mail:
    I still remember how the hilarious Matt Chapman :wacko: interviewed him and provoked him on a dark AW evening, which peaked in MC saying RC should be gelded :yes: Has anybody seen this too?
    Of course it didn’t say anything about Charlton’s qualities as a trainer, but I nevertheless have some doubts about them :unsure:

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9747

Lol Hein😅🤣😂
    That reminded me of a friend of mine at Newmarket who took the liberty of asking Roger Charlton how well he thought his horse would go in the next race…RC looked down at him like he had just noticed a piece of $#it on his shoe and abruptly replied…
    ‘How should I know’ and with head in the air he walked away.

Now if Roger Charlton doesn’t have any idea of how his horses will perform in a race that HE has been training them for then there’s not a lot of hope.. :unsure:

So yes Hein I love the look of Quadrilateral and think she has a good chance of winning the Guineas or Oaks but as far as her trainer goes the jury is out, I’d be more confident if she were a Gosden or Beckett filly..Jac :rose:

PS..Not sure if RC had been gelded or not when he gave that reply but the latter would seem appropriate. ;-)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 100 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.