The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Oaks 2020

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Oaks 2020

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 100 total)
  • Author
    Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1729

Quadrilateral not heading for the Oaks it seems. Next race either Coronation Stakes or French Oaks.
    I didn’t see her as a 12 furlongs horse on breeding myself and neither does Mr Grimthorpe it looks like.

Love 11-8 looking a good bet could end up off odds on at this rate with lack of opposition about. B-)

Istabraq
    Participant
    • Total Posts 187

How likely do you think gosden will send both franconia and frankly darling here?

jackh1092jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2516

I suppose it depends on how Frankly Darling gets on on Tuesday Istabraq! Presume both would run if getting there in one piece. She looked good today.

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

Istabraq
    Participant
    • Total Posts 187

Yes fingers crossed she runs well :good:

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1729

Now that Domino Darling has gone missing again I took the 8s from PP cash out option for the Oaks for Frankly Darling in case she bolts up this week and ends up being the only creditable opposition to the favourite who I have already backed.

hein bollowhein bollow
    Participant
    • Total Posts 982

What a shame this highly interesting race is so neglected here :-(
    so I ‘d like to bring it up again with a little song by Fat Joe (my preferred version):
    “What’s Love got to do, got to do with it” :whistle: :bye:

Nathan HughesNathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 22054

Wonderful race in prospect Hein,
    I’m delighted Born with Pride isn’t running as she has embarrassed me enough for one year.
    I managed to pinch a couple of quid out of the swear jar and put it on Frankly Darling at 20’s after her victory at Newcastle.

Member since March 2008
    hein bollowhein bollow
    Participant
    • Total Posts 982

I admire you for these odds on a serious contender Nathan and hope she wins it for you :-)
    By the way it’s odd how (Irish?) people are so obsessed about O’Brien, as somebody wrote correctly in another thread (can’t remember where): It’s not mutual at all, as it’s quite well known he doesn’t give a damn to punters :-( Must be a kind of masochistic relationship :cry:

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3031

Team tactics form no part of pre-race preparations at Ballydoyle, Aidan O’Brien insisted on Monday. “I promise you, never ever,” the trainer said 

Mandy Rice-Davies said it best.

I admire his training brilliance and his sympathy with horses but this is a bit annoying. He may be a god fearing, non swearing, clean living Pioneer but he lies (and sometimes basically cheats) for money. A lot of money. Every horse trying its best to win…give me strength. The Anvil would’ve needed forty cans of Red Bull, a line of coke and turbo boosters attached to its backside 4f out to win the Leger the way it was ridden for example.

Of course if your horse manners you can ignore pace setters and even pace wreckers- and everyone is prepared for it- but as Nielsen said, a peloton is another thing.

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1642

Got a nice treble rolling on to frankly darling and had her in several free bet doubles with siskin for the sussex stakes

She looked potentially top class at royal ascot to me

I’m looking forward to this race more than the derby

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1729

Peaceful heading elsewhere says AOB…

“It’s pointless Peaceful going to Epsom along with Love when the prize-money is so much better in France. The race in France [Prix de Diane] is worth well over double what’s on offer for the Oaks so Peaceful will head there on Sunday rather than running in the Oaks.”

botchy1botchy1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3596

They paid 10K to enter her yesterday. :wacko:

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3031

Pants. Bang goes my antepost. Selfishly, I hope it lashes down and turns into a bog in France or something and changes their minds. Can’t wish any ill on the fab Love and all who backed her (and also I want to see which is the best! I think Peaceful is better :heart: )

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9793

Mine as well green :wacko: and on the day that Paddy Power shortened her odds to 9/2 really disappointed but should have known they wouldn’t pitch both top fillies in same race.
    I will back Peaceful to win in France having paid so much to supplement her doubt things will change now,

So Wonderful gets her chance without the Fab 2 at Leopardstown 4.45 today bit too short for me considering she is still a maiden. I prefer couple of EW bets on Celestial Object and Ridenza.

Looking forward to seeing Peaceful run again wherever she turns out.
    But it has to be Love now. :heart:

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    coops72
    Participant
    • Total Posts 78

Frankly Darling is a certainty will outstay love and cruise home

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 100 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.