The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Nothing Gained

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips Nothing Gained

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 229 total)
  • Author
    • Total Posts 14937

Here we go again, another season of trying to get a few Exactas, Forecasts, and maybe even the odd Tricast, or Trifecta. It’s no difficult.

It’ll run till the end of next years Punchestown Festival, and hopefully I can keep the red figure under control………but I doubt it.

The Winkler and The Game Changer both win only to kick things off.

1540 Killarney
    The Winkler, The Game Changer, False Economy
    50p Combination Forecasts, Tricasts

-£6[/color:3splluym]

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9063

Oh darn it [yet again]. There have been quite a few horses placing at huge prices over the past few months [Manderley nearly did it last week] and, when we were at Ludlow today, Mike said ‘there’s a 100/1 horse in this race’ [annoyingly it was just starting], Blow me, it came 2nd. Down to run again at Uttoxeter later this week. Turoyal it’s name. Was never going to win but ran really well. Won’t be 100/1 again, though :cry:

• Total Posts 14937

moe, I was kicking myself for not making The Game Changer my main bet yesterday, 14-1 he was the only reason I was having a bet, and I ended up split stakes with The Winkler, so was feeling a bit hacked off until I read that about the 100-1 shot you missed out on.

That’s a sore one, you’ll just have to have a ton on him when he runs later in the week

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7622

Hi mate just to say the space raiders challenge is back the july cup it is in big races thread.

How you been too.

• Total Posts 14937

That’s my entry submitted Darren, and pretty sure I’ve won it, though don’t want to put people off taking part.

Doing good, not been betting that much, but the usual ups and downs. First Avenue has paid for my summer, winning twice at 20’s plus, but could be doing with another like him. Had a really good Saturday before Royal Ascot, and a great day 1 at Royal Ascot, especially with The Wow Signal who I’d backed Ante-Post, so thought I’d cracked it. Carnage the next few days though, and even having Missunited each way at 80’s in The Gold Cup, didn’t put a smile on my face. Lot of losers, and still getting over Louis The Pious lol.

Not been betting that many since Royal Ascot, and the only "decent" bet I’ve had since then was Prince Of Johanne on Saturday. Other than my systems bets, I’ve only bet 9 horses since Royal Ascot, and every one’s been stuffed. No harm done with most of em, as pretty small stakes, but The Summer Cup at Uttoxeter was a sore one as well, 3 of those 9 were in that race, and they all flopped badly.

I’ll be back haha

Hope you are well too Darren, and hope you have a big priced Golfer in your sights for next weeks Open.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7622

Hi mate just to say open thread is up in general sports thread

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7622

Space raiders challenge back mate in big races forum :)

Cloudscape.Balsanow i like in Goodwood and Galway plate today

• Total Posts 14937

Cheers Darren, I’ll get my certainties in.

Yeah, really promising horse that Balnaslow, think he’s due to "click" very soon. I’ve bet Golden Wonder AP, and I’ve bet Wise Old Owl, and Qunatitativeeasing today. Best of luck.

Wasn’t going to bet in The Cloudscape race, but I’ll maybe do a wee exacta on Red Galileo who did me proud in The Derby, along with Scotland.

• Total Posts 14937

Galway

1350 – Arranhill Chief, Wells China, Thomond
    1655 – Midnight Game, The Game Changer, Plinth

Arranhill Chief, Thomond paid £129.31
    bet365 paid on the Tricast too, which I didn’t expect

-£218.18

• Total Posts 14937

Goodwood

1505 – Steeler, Heavy Metal, Red Avenger
    1540 – Monsieur Joe, Moviesta, Kingsgate Native
    1650 – J Wonder, The Gold Cheongsam, Manderely
    50p Combination Exactas, Trifectas

Galway

1710 – Goal, Kalann, Holeinthewallbar

1815 – Usuel Smurfer, Your Busy, On The Way Out, Arranhill Chief
    50p Combination Forecasts, 40p Combination Tricasts

Arranhill Chief, Usuel Smurfer paid £67.51

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7622

Mate just open thread for golf for last major so hope you give me your thoughts on last major there.

• Total Posts 14937

Sorry Darren, just noticed this, I’ll give it a look, but can’t promise, as it’s on really The British Open I bother with.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7622

Any thoughts on st leger so open it is i like

WINDSHEAR at 16/1 shown decent form and with it being so open can see a big price winner.

• Total Posts 14937

Hi Darren,

not a race I had looked at, as you know The Classics kind of pass me by, but I’d agree that the 16’s looks nice about Windshear.

At a price, 14’s, I quite like the idea of Kingfisher running a big race, but the 40’s on Betfair make me think he wouldn’t be heading. Do you know if they’ve considered it for him???

Now that I’ve had look at the race I’ve had a wee go on my old pal Red Galileo at 170’s and 180’s, but he’s surely unlikely to go after his last run.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7622

Looks like they see GRANDSDUKEOFTUSCANY there main leger horse intresting that Indian Maharaha is running at York after long break 1st race at trip too.

Any early thoughts on York.Havana Cooler my only bet so far

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7622

Like JAMICA tomorrow only bet on card at York

Nath got space raider challenge back too :)

• Total Posts 14937

Thanks Darren,

probably saved myself a few quid there on Kingfisher. Yeah, wish I had mentioned Indian Maharaja myself, as he did catch my eye, be very interesting to see how he gets on at York.

Not had a proper look the rest of the week, but tomorrow I like half the field in the first race, but I’ll probably chuck my old pal

Ashpan Sam

into a Exacta/Trifecta in the first, along with

Monsieur Joe

, and

See The Sun

. Probably bet Ashpan and Monsieur each way too.

The only others that really catch the eye are

Growl

, and

Toocoolforschool

in the second, so I’ll bet both of them too, along with

Itlaaq

in the 1620.

Good luck with Jamaica tomorrow as well.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 229 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.