The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

NEW SYSTEM.

Home Forums Tipping and Research Systems NEW SYSTEM.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 82 total)
  • Author
    darrell
    • Total Posts 651

Just thought i would put this up for the forum members to try.<br>Iwas thumbing through an old book, thats some 15 years old now.<br>It showed a system that uses handicap races to make selections, it also states that 62% of all handicap winners come from the top 3rd of the handicap.<br>So i thought i would give this system a try to see what profit it can make.<br>The rules to the system are as follows.

1.Only use handicap races at the principle meeting only.

2.Pick the top 3rd of the handicap to make selections from.<br>e.g 4-6 runners rate the top two<br>      7-9 runners rate the top three<br>    10-12 runners rate the top four<br>    13-15 runners rate the top five<br>    16-18 runners rate the top six<br>    19-21 runners rate the top seven<br>    22-24 runners rate the top eight<br>    25-27 runners rate the top nine<br>    28-30 ruuners rate the top ten, and so on depending on the number of runners.<br>award the following points for the last two placings, current season or last season it dosent matter.

1st=40 points<br>2nd=25 points<br>3rd=20 points<br>4th=10 points

Distance winner= 20 points

Course winner=10 points<br>If there is two or more runners with the same rating, pick the one with the highest race card number.<br> <br>Thats basically it, a little bit of work involved but should be well worth the while.<br>Ill use 1 point each/ way stakes on each bet, from a bank of 100 points.<br>By the way the two handicaps at Goodwood today<br>put up two bets<br>DUMARANA 4.15 WON at 14/1<br>JAWHARI 5.20 WON at 13/2

Fridays bets are as follows.<br>HAYDOCK<br>3.30 BEAUCHAMP PILOT rated 100

4.00 STRATUS rated 65

5.00PINCHBECK rated 40

1 point e/w = 6 points.

Catch you later<br>Daz.:cheesy:

robgomm
    • Total Posts 224

<br>Good luck with this one Daz :)

MatronMatron
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5823

Well  Daz, not a bad start to your new system.

Fingers crossed for the future.

Keep up the good work.

Regards – Matron<br>:cool:

darrell
    • Total Posts 651

Thanks Robgomm and Matron for your support.;)

First day was a winning one with two selections from three, with all deductions the profit stands at 9.87 points. Not bad for first day.:) <br>With the 14/1 and 13/2 winners on thursday and the two today at 4/1 and 11/2 thats not a bad strike rate.<br>The two winners on thursday dont count, because the thread wasent posted until thursday evening. Which is a bit unfortunate.<br>The selections for saturday are from Haydock.There are four races today.

1.20 Haydock Bali royal- rated 40

1.50 Haydock Whitbarrow- rated 30

2.20 Haydock Eric le beau -rated 100

4.00 Haydock The butterwick kid-rated 45

All bets are at 1 point e/w = 8 points.

Catch you all later, be lucky.<br>Daz.:cheesy:  <br>

snowman
    Participant
    • Total Posts 554

HI Daz you certainly have had an explosive start with this one. A 10/1, 4/1 and a place at 5/1 isn’t too shabby for an eight point outlay! Plus of course the place money on the two winners.

Too bad I didn’t see it until early hours of Sunday I might have had a dabble myself.

Good luck this seems to have value built in as you are using handicaps – hence better prices.

robgomm
    • Total Posts 224

Superb!! Well done Daz!

It pays to keep an eye on trends in handicaps. Having a win over the distance against your horses name is often vital. I’ve always preferred to follow 3yo+ handicaps because the 3yo only races consist of horses who were messed about with at 2.

After a while of testing this system, it might be wise to see how many of the winners/placed horses you’ve been successful with have had a recent run (within about 32 days).

Anyway, well done so far! Rob.

darrell
    • Total Posts 651

Thanks for your comments snowman@robgomm,

Snowman, you have missed some good winners over the past couple of days lets hope now your on the bets they dont all lose. But thats racing. Good luck and i hope i can make you a few bob cheers.:cheesy:

Robgomm, I wil keep an eye on the win and placed horses and also the number of days the horse last ran starting with todays selections.Thanks:)

The profit stands at 25.62 points not bad for two days.

WINDSOR.

3.30 BOLD RAIDER- RATED 90–16  days last run

4.45 SMIRK- RATED 50– 25 days last run

5.05 ROXANNE MILL- RATED 70– 8 days last run

Catch you all later <br>Daz.:cheesy:  

snowman
    Participant
    • Total Posts 554

Hey Daz, just occured to me that if you were using your two point outlay per selection to Win only, then your two day record would read 14 points outlayed – returns—— 55 points!!  That’s a profit of 41 points or a massive 293% on outlay!

I’m going to keep a note of how you go on win only and i’ll post occasionally for comparison with the each way bank.

BTW i’m with you on these 3 today hope it’s not the kiss of death!

darrell
    • Total Posts 651

Small loss today, bank stands at 21.62 points.<br>Snowman.<br>I to was pondering with the idea of using single win level stakes instead of e/w.<br>See how this week fares and i will consider going to level stakes win only.<br>Only one placed horse at 4/1 and two lost. Theres only two selections for leicester monday.<br>I will stick with the each way bets for  monday to saturday,and see comparisons we have with win and each way.

LEICESTER.<br>4.00 APPROACHING STORM- RATED 65- 35 days last run.

5.30 RESEARCHER- RATED 60- 17 days last run.

Catch you all later, hopefully with a bit better result than today.

Daz.:cheesy:  

snowman
    Participant
    • Total Posts 554

Okey Dokey Daz. Well just for neatness sake before going into next week, a win only system on these selections but still to comparable stakes i.e. 2 pts win single per horse, would show a profit of 35 points so far as opposed to 21.62 pts on the e/w bank.

Will keep my eye on it and post after Wednesday.

Good luck for Monday Daz.

darrell
    • Total Posts 651

Only one placed horse today 11/4, bank stands now at 19.31 points, :o

Snowman, Iwill keep a check on class of race as well, because some of the wins this week have come from class D and upwards, maybe the racing at the begining of the week is a bit low class? maybe worth a look.<br>I think a 100 point bank will be enough to start proofing the bets on monday, with on average 3 selections per day, we may find enough winners at 2 points each bet = 50 bets.

Selections for tuesday 28th may.

3.45 LINGFIELD, MAJHOOL- RATED 20- 12 days last ran.

4.15 LINGFIELD, SHOLAY -RATED 85- 204 days last ran.

5.15 LINGFIELD, WHITE PLAINS – RATED 90 -29 days last ran.

Catch you all tomorrow. <br>Daz.:cheesy:

snowman
    Participant
    • Total Posts 554

So unlucky with White Plains Daz, easily could have been 2 out of 3 today.

darrell
    • Total Posts 651

Hi snowman.<br>We was very unlucky with white plains, should have won. But a winner at 9/4 and a place cant grumble.<br>All three selections ended up favs, which dosent help the place part of the each way.Profit now at 19.63 points.:o

Selections for wednesday 29th may.<br>YARMOUTH<br>2.00 ASCARI – RATED 65- 12 days last ran.

3.30 NELLIE MELBA -RATED 60-23 days last ran.

4.30 AMIR ZAMAN -RATED 60 – 13 days last ran.

5.00 KANZWOOD -RATED 45- 30 days last ran.

Catch you later, good luck with these tomorrow snowman.<br>Daz.:cheesy:

robgomm
    • Total Posts 224

<br>Already one winner today Daz!! Considering you found this in a book that’s about 15 years old, i would say this is the kind of system that has a decent chance of producing results over a long period of time.

snowman
    Participant
    • Total Posts 554

Hi Daz – Well done!! You’ve got to be happy with that. Nellie Melba came with a wet sail when it was too late and I see Kanzwood got a place at a nice price for you.

Promised to update on win only bank after today and I will do it again after Saturday’s selections have run.

OK After today’s four runners a win only bank is showing 34 points staked & 69 points returned for a profit of 35 points. Still over 100% of outlay.

The e/w bank would have clawed some of the leeway back today – look forward to seeing the figures.

Catch you later Daz good luck for Thurs.:biggrin:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 82 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.