The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

NEW ANGLE FOR NEW YEAR

Home Forums Tipping and Research Systems NEW ANGLE FOR NEW YEAR

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 54 total)
  • Author
    steve layden
    • Total Posts 174

A New Year Resolution – find a reliable system and stick to it!<br>This is a variation on Dave Jay’s Daily Mirror SF system

1. Daily Mirror<br>2. SF horses<br>3. Handicaps only<br>4. Forecast favourite (in Mirror)<br>5. 1st or 2nd LTO

I will place £10 0n each qualifier and see how it goes.

1st Jan 03

Piccled 1.35 Southwell<br>Flying Treaty 2.15 Southwell<br>Flame Creek 3.20 Cheltenham

dave jay
    • Total Posts 3386

I’ll be watching with interest Steve.

Good Luck!

snowman
    Participant
    • Total Posts 554

Well well, 3 out of 3 Steve and I think anyone that saw the racing today would have to agree, 3 of the easier winners on the day. Good luck with this one.

darrell
    • Total Posts 651

Well done steve 3 from 3 keep up the good work, nice start for 2003.:cool:

Daz.:cheesy:

Matron
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5866

Excellent start Steve.

Regards – Matron<br>:cool:

steve layden
    • Total Posts 174

Thanks everyone – it’s always good to start off on a high note.    Let’s hope it continues.

Results so far 3/3 at 5/2, 1/2 and 10/3….6.3 pts profit or £63.

2/1/03<br>To the Future 1.10 Ayr<br>Curly Spencer 2.10 Ayr<br>Flying Treaty 2.25 Southwell – won for us yesterday<br>Talarive 2.40 Ayr<br>Deco Star 3.30 Southwell

steve layden
    • Total Posts 174

Update on system – 6 winners out of 8   <br>7/4 1/1 5/4 today (2nd Jan)   making a profit of 7.8 points (£80 invested £158 returned to £10 l.s.)

Let’s hope tomorrow goes as well.

steve layden
    • Total Posts 174

SELECTIONS FOR FRI 3/1/03

Rebelle 1.20 Wolverhampton<br>Indian Steppes 4.00 Wolv<br>Roses of Spring 4.30 Wolv

dave jay
    • Total Posts 3386

Excellent work Steve, well done!

MrE
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2149

Yep, you gottem reeling Stevie…… Attaboy, give ’em some welly. I hope this continues along these lines mate, what a day…….   :smiley:

MrE

steve layden
    • Total Posts 174

Thanks Dave and Mr E – it’s been a fantastic start to the year.   In 3 days 9 out of 11 winners<br>Today Rebelle won 6/4 Indian Steppes won 5/4 and Roses of Spring despite drifting in the market, had an excellent ride from young A Quinn and won pleasingly at 13/2<br>So it’s over 80% winners and an outlay of £110 with a return of £281.50    Ãƒâ€šÃ‚£171.50 profit or 17 points

I’ll post tomorrow’s selections by 10.30am

kosher
    • Total Posts 17

Lucky lucky lucky or will it continue?

There’s been a million systems in the past using SF from the mirror and all have fallen by the wayside.

Maybe this wont,lets hope not.

MrE
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2149

HAHAHA….. a bit prone to slight exaggeration there Kosher, a couple of hundred I’ll grant you, but a million….. Nahhhh….. there is a need to keep an eye on all these methods, no matter how old they may be. There are always new angles to be looked at and fresh faces to look at ’em, I never had the ‘puter or hundreds of different people pooling ideas, but I’ve had some small successes with small systems like this. As long as everybody gives a little bit, we’ll maybe get a chance to make a profit as befits our hard work, cos we spend hours burning the midnight oil, just looking for that little shaft of light. Dont knock it, cos if we find it you’ll benefit too by just reading about it…… join in, we need a good few members pooling their ideas…… hahaha…… thats me, I’ve just referred to myself as a member…. :biggrin: <br>cover your ears Slasher…….<br>:smiley:

MrE

dave jay
    • Total Posts 3386

Yes MrE, that’s the spirit, fancy calling yourself that!

kosher, if you look elsewhere in the workshop the SF system which I posted up works, all of the time……nearly:biggrin:…..with a bit of a staking plan there’s a profit to be made. This particular system I like because it’s an angle that I haven’t tried myself, because I don’t care much for HCP’s in general and I think there’s more value if the selection wasn’t 1 or 2 last time out. But I’m being proved wrong, great, I’ve learnt something, that’s why I’m here.

steve layden
    • Total Posts 174

Here we go with selections for Saturday 4 Jan 03.    I have included one from the Cork meeting as it is covered by the Daily Mirror today.

Great as Gold 1.00 Southwell<br>Dee-One-O-One 1.15 Cork<br>Linning Wine 2.40 Lingfield<br>Tonoco 2.55 Haydock

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 54 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.