The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Musselburgh Sunday

Home Forums Horse Racing Musselburgh Sunday

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    apracing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3214

I have Salute scheduled to run at Musselburgh on Sunday – there’s a 14F 0-85 handicap on the card worth £20,000, which justifies the cost of transporting him up there with conditions likely to be ideal for him, 14F on a flat track on good to soft ground being his perfect set up.

It’s too far for this owner to travel, so I’ll be watching on RUK and our esteemed leader, Cormack, has agreed to attend in my place to observe the saddling, participate in the pointless paddock conversation, and hopefully collect the trophy afterwards. We even have a Scottish jockey booked, his regular rider Rab Havlin will combine the ride with a visit to his family.

The only possible snag now is the weather, with a cold snap forecast for the weekend, but other than that, the decision to run is already made and the horse is raring to go after his spin at Woloverhampton last week.

There will be a couple of owners badges going spare, so if anyone else is planning to go to the meeting, please reply here – first come, first served.

AP

seabird
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2924

A very kind offer, Alan.

Could I put in my bid for his first run at Ffos Las? :wink:

Colin

Wallace
    Participant
    • Total Posts 862

I would be delighted to accompany Cormack and help him consume the free drinks after the successful run :)

graysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6965

LOL Colin

gc

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

madgic
    • Total Posts 45

I should be there but would just be happy to meet some fllow people from the forum. Good luck with your horse

cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8965

Anyone who is going along please pm me and we’ll arrange to meet up. (You can applaud when I collect Alan’s trophy!

Black Sam Bellamy
    Participant
    • Total Posts 442

ap..were you behind the small gamble on Sun Catcher last week…9/1 -> 7/1.

What did you make of his first start ? Rather outpaced early doors I thought…is he going over further next time ?

apracing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3214

BSB,

The betting on him wasn’t down to me – happy enough with his run given the first four were all race fit. He’s staying at 6F for now, probably at Wolverhampton next week. Jockey reckoned he wasn’t balanced on the right hand bend at Kempton, so we’ll try the other way round. No surprise if 7F proves his best trip on Polytrack though.

Wallace,

I’ll put two badges in your name for Musselburgh.

AP

Wallace
    Participant
    • Total Posts 862

Many thanks Alan.

apracing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3214

Salute is currently on the road to Musselburgh, so all I have to worry about now is the 7 am inspection due to forecast overnight snow! How could anyone have predicted that for Easter weekend?

The Post website forecast him at 25/1, which is a bit of an insult, but it is a competitive handicap (more so than I’d expected for this early in the season) and I suppose as the oldest horse in the field with his last two runs in claimers, I can see why.

I saw him at home yesterday morning and he’s sharp and ready – if the race goes ahead and he handles the overnight stay OK, I still think he’ll beat more than beat him, and there’s prize money down to 6th place.

Not really a betting proposition, but three of his five handicap wins for me have been at 16/1 or bigger, so I’m not discouraged by the price.

AP

Cav
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4822

Excellent stuff , hope you get the weather. All the best for tomorrow.

GhostofTheFellow
    • Total Posts 410

AP i wouldnt worry the track is right on the coast-it could be a white out every where else but racing will be on!!!!

Marsh
    • Total Posts 92

Good Luck Tomorrow.

Weather doesn’t seem too bad up here in the Auld Reekie. A wee bit cold but nothing major.

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Muss is on. All the best Alan.

thedarkknight
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1299

Good luck AP – shame you couldn’t go – Musselburgh is a decent day out even if it is a long way for us Southeners.

The old boy definitely has a chance of getting in the money.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.