The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Musseburgh Abandonment

Home Forums Horse Racing Musseburgh Abandonment

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    akaali
    • Total Posts 39

I was at Musselburgh today with the family, disappointing it was cut short but couldn’t be helped. I would say, however, that if it was over the sticks I think they would have raced on.

Musselburgh, unfortunately, was not on form with keeping the punters updated, there were few annoucements and why the second inspection? It was blooming obvious where things were going after the first race.

But worst was witnessing some appalling over zealous behaviour from stewards at the exit gate. One had obviously been watching too much from Tottenham. As racing was abandoned after the first, the rules state that it was a 50% refund. Most punters had kept their receipts but some hadn’t. Rather than do as it says on the Scottish Racing waterproof and care for the customer, I witnessed one punter being manhandled from the course by a steward. It seemed, although I don’t know what was said, to be a particularly bad advert for customer relations I’m afraid – the guy wasn’t drunk or on the face of it causing any unjustified aggravation towards someone who is presumably given some basic guidance in how to care for customers. Ugly stuff I’m aorry to say and if that was an advert for how punters are treated by the racing industry then shame.

eddie case
    • Total Posts 1215

Less likely over jumps surely as they’ve got to leave the ground.
    Are you saying you only received 50% refund? That’s disgusting, the least they could do is give complimentary tickets for a future meeting.

akaali
    • Total Posts 39

Less likely over jumps surely as they’ve got to leave the ground.
    Are you saying you only received 50% refund? That’s disgusting, the least they could do is give complimentary tickets for a future meeting.

No complimentaries unfortunately. I was in East Lothian from around 10.45am and the winds were quite high then, although it was not accompanied by any rain. I think it did catch them off guard and think it was jockeys after first who reported high winds. If there was a whiff of abandonment then staff should have been pointing out that punters should keep tickets when they bought them.

robnorthrobnorth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4563

akaali

Drop the Course Manager Bill Farnsworth an email or a letter. He and his staff always seem to do their best to keep people happy at Mussleburgh, so maybe once the situation has calmed down you may get some change out of a polite enquiry regarding a refund. Can’t guarantee it, but sometimes a considered letter does the trick.

Rob

trapper john
    • Total Posts 197

i have been to mussleburgh a good few times and i have always complimented them on here but must agree one race ran and all they give is a 50% refund is pretty poor the high winds were predicted as long as a week before the meeting so its not as if they didnt know it was coming

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.