The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Morning Line

Home Forums Horse Racing Morning Line

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

They should ask Dandy and Roger back every week. By far the best one i’ve seen.

Some good info and the occasional joke.

Roger: "i like soumillons horse, tactician".
    Dandy: "soumillon won’t know which way to go round here *mumbles* it’s not longchamp".
    Simon: "he’s only got to go in a straight line".
    Dandy: "you try telling him that, he’s french".

Participant
    • Total Posts 2685

Agreed – much more like what the ML should be. The fact that Big Mac slept through most of it was a huge bonus. "Lord Snooty" on top form.

Prufrock
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2081

Soumillon is Belgian.

Shame, as it spoils an otherwise excellent piece of casual xenophobism.

Perhaps they could all have a titter about how there are no famous Belgians instead.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2685

Hercule Poirot, Plastic Bertrand, Manneken Pis – the list is endless.

Participant
    • Total Posts 5686

Prufrock be aware that
    Professor Calculus
    was practiced in french
    kick boxing

Participant
    • Total Posts 6009

Stop acting the goat Gamble :wink:

Which Roger?

Charlton, Daltrey, the Dodger, the Duck (nap)

Glenn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2003

This is British Racing we’re talking about.

The Cabin Boy has to be the nap.

eddie case
    • Total Posts 1214

Is Nicholls religious? After every interview on course he ends with "God Bless".

• Total Posts 1415

I thought it was awful I fast forwarded most of it. On a programme like that there is no need for guests.

We have a big group one today the Nassau Stakes aside from an interview with Tom Queally the "preview" lasted all of what, 30 seconds? A joke.

indocine
    • Total Posts 489

On a programme like that there is no need for guests.

Least of all David Nicholls.

• Total Posts 661

Stop acting the goat Gamble :wink:

Which Roger?

Charlton, Daltrey, the Dodger, the Duck (nap)

It was Roger Charlton.

Thought it interesting how Nicholls talked about Genki (Charlton’s horse) having a great chance today, while Charlton himself selected David Baron’s horse (Hitchins) :shock:

And then when Nicholls was asked about his runners he said his best chance was Sonny Red – the 66/1 outsdier at the time. Nicholls then goes and wins the race with Evens and Odds :D

• Total Posts 276

It didn’t go unnoticed in this quarter that the only one of his runners he didn’t seem to want to talk about was Evens and Odds … now I’m not one for conspiracy theories … but … :)

• Total Posts 469

Is Nicholls religious? After every interview on course he ends with "God Bless".

It’s a Northern turn of phrase.

Seems like a nice chap actually.

The Eye Of Sauron
    Participant
    • Total Posts 148

As somebody said on the BF forum, "I was expecting to see Nicholls jump onto Charlton’s lap and say "Gottle Of Geer"…..

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Content-wise the Morning Line is a complete waste of time, but I for one have no complaints about C4 breaking up the monotony of Nick Luck, Tanya Stevenson and Jim ‘Too Good To Keep My Eyes Open Whilst I Talk To You’ McGrath with the somewhat more lively pairing of Dandy Nicholls and Roger Charlton.

In fact, I thought they were quite an entertaining double act. And that is exactly what racing needs. Ignoring the fact that the Morning Line is on too early to be stumbled upon by the majority of the currently uninterested public, bringing the sport’s personalities to the fore is something Racing For Change haven’t yet managed to achieve (I suppose there’s only so much you can spend on suggesting that the BHA ‘put more people on the television’ – much better to produce a million-and-one pages of consultant-borne garbage and lose a fortune).

• Total Posts 980

As somebody said on the BF forum, "I was expecting to see Nicholls jump onto Charlton’s lap and say "Gottle Of Geer"…..

I’ve just laughed my breakfast all over my keyboard. Thanks for that.

:D

I think Morning Line should just give up all pretence of being an informative show & just make it an entertaining 55 minutes about racing in general.

Maybe they already have.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

A much more improved performance from The Morning line this morning, really enjoying it especially with Richard Hughes and his viewpoint on things.

Great job.

Would also like to say Skysports have a cheek advertising their service during the hours of the morning where the Horse Racing audience are, like they ever advertise horse racing at all on their channel.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.