The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Monday 3rd March

Home Forums Tipping and Research Daily Lays And Plays Monday 3rd March

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    sberry
    • Total Posts 1801

St Savarin , 2.30 Stratford

I followed this horse on the flat where it was more than a stone better than anything it’s rivals ever managed and when last out over middle distances at the end of last year was in as good as form as ever. Why it was put in the claimer it won at Southwell I don’t know, the owner obviously didn’t want to keep the horse.

Its only run this year was over too short a distance and was tough enough an ask to be ignored in my opinion.

There’s nothing in the form of his opponents to look particularly dangerous imo and while the Jonjo horse could be decent he’s only found 1 winner from the last 28 he’s sent out over the last 10 days

This horse hit the frame in almost half of his 47 starts on the flat having a win strike rate of 19% and handles any going. The question is will it like hurdling, if he does, he could be quite good – I’m on win and place anyway.

Is it too late for a Cheltenham entry ?

sberry
    • Total Posts 1801

well, it placed but maybe leave cheltenham till next year now. :? didn’t settle and while he jumped quite well in the middle of the race the first 2 hurdles were shocking, it was like he was seeing a hurdle for the first time and thought they had teeth or something. thought it might win at one stage but third is acceptable.

i haven’t got a clue about the distance though, watching brief for me with this one for future races, not sure he likes hurdles and going back to the flat is an easier option for him than the grey berry i think

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.