The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Mike Cattermole – now a tipster!

Home Forums Horse Racing Mike Cattermole – now a tipster!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    betlarge
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2789

The urbane smoothie from Channel 4 is now turning is hand to the spiffing old tipster lark:

mikecattermoleracing.com

He states that “what you won’t see or hear on TV in detail are my personal horse race selections. However, I would like to think I know a good horse when I see one! As you can imagine with my work, I am around the action nearly every day and have privileged access to the heart of the horse racing world.”

Well he certainly seems to upped his game since he spoke to this very forum in 2010, when in response to a question on his own punting, he said: “I like a bet but am still a bit of a mug punter if I am being honest. I could kick myself at times.”

Where do I sign?

Mike

MarkTT
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2802

What happened to the scouser Matt from the Racing Post ? Has he ditched that now ?

Drone
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5503

what you won’t see or hear on TV in detail are my personal horse race selections. However, I would like to think I know a good horse when I see one! As you can imagine with my work, I am around the action nearly every day and have privileged access to the heart of the horse racing world

Hi Mike

I find your words a trifle ambiguous. Are they designed to make one laugh or cry?

Cliche-riddled, hackneyed, trite and banal…bravo! :roll:

Cav
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4823

Cattermole’s glazed over look when speaking to a real racing expert, Hugh Taylor, on The Form Factor, tells you all you need to know.

mince

yeats
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3094

Sad to see him stoop so low.

betlarge
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2789

"this latest venture is just another example of his commitment to helping race fans enjoy the sport of kings…"

Gosh, it’s basically altruism then.

Anyway, apropos of Mike’s commitment to helping race fans (etc etc), the first tip that takes you right inside the vibrant, throbbing heart of racing’s shrewd inner sanctumn is…

is…

Er, Quevega.

Not sure if that’s win or e/w.

Mike

ps No, I haven’t feckin’ subscribed…got this off a Betfair thread!

yeats
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3094

Catt just texted me, he said – "Weighed In! Weighed In!"

betlarge
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2789

Catt just texted me, he said – "Weighed In! Weighed In!"

I tell you, the man is virtually psychic…

Mike

DaveMonk
    • Total Posts 153

Just watched the replays on Sporting life and
    anybody following these tips had better hope their not like his commentarys, which today were woeful, lacked any depth, and gave the impression a junior racereader was calling. Im not Mark Johnsons biggest fan but today as he would put it "was much the best". Simon Holt’s call of the Cross country was also dire to say the least. I will await Crustys comments in earnest :)

yeats
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3094

Abysmal commentator, you could hear I think it was Mark Johnson in the background telling him all the fallers he was missing today.

Don’t know he gets all these big meetings, shouldn’t he be giving is full undivided attention to his tipping service?

SirAlan
    • Total Posts 261

If Cattermole was made of chocolate, he’d eat himself.

Final race at Cheltenham today, Cattermole tells the assembled masses that they’ve all jumped the 4th well. (That’ll be apart from Ruby Walsh’s mount who took a fall) :roll:

CrustyPatch
    Participant
    • Total Posts 917

Amazing how many times Mike Cattermole has been criticised in big races in recent years.
    He got slated at Aintree a few years ago for calling wrong fallers etc over the Grand National fences and I seem to remember he opted to stand down from commentating at future meetings there after realising his limitations.
    Mark Johnson, who was very much out of favour years ago, now seems to have made a real comeback to the big meetings, such as Cheltenham and Aintree. He did a few big Flat race meetings, including at Newmarket, last autumn.
    Stewart Machin is the rising star at the bigger meetings, including Aintree, and seems to have got some of the big York meetings sewn up.
    It’s a shame Mike gets such criticism because I really like his commentaries and style. He makes the effort, is very versatile and has a very good manner.

no idea
    • Total Posts 685

I have no idea what his tipping is like but his commentating is woeful.
    He called Soll as being near the rear when it had fallen.
    The man is hopeless.
    He then called Sizing Europe in front when Wishful Thinking was in front.
    He just does not sem to know what is going on. I just wonder what he uses to watch the races, it surely cannot be binoculars.
    Give it up Mike!

Lone Wolf
    • Total Posts 614

I’ve got to be honest and i say i’m not too bothered about not spotting the odd faller here and there, or a bit of confusion. I usually know what i’ve backed and watch out for it. I think he has the voice for commentating, and he seems good enough for me. I’d rather hope someone finds a bit of improvement than say they should call it a day.

CrustyPatch
    Participant
    • Total Posts 917

I have no idea what his tipping is like but his commentating is woeful.
    He just does not seem to know what is going on. I just wonder what he uses to watch the races, it surely cannot be binoculars.
    Give it up Mike!

Can’t agree with that. He’s normally a very good commentator, has an excellent voice and does a good job usually. Certainly seems to attract a lot of criticism though.

no idea
    • Total Posts 685

He was not commentating today.
    It would be interesting to know why if any one knows.

Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 28423

Can’t believe there are so many people finding fault this week.

Enjoy.

Value Is Everything
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.