The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Mares Chase 2021

Home Forums Cheltenham Festival 2021 Mares Chase 2021

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2330

Put The Kettle On 8-1

jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2875

Minor concern she might head to the QMCC being a grade 1 winner already? They stuck her in the Arkle instead of a handicap so they aren’t frightened to go for it!?

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2330

I’ve got the option to cash out. De Bromhead doesn’t mind downgrading a bit to win at the festival e.g. Honeysuckle. And a possibility of having favourites for a ‘Mares Race Double’ in the lead up, I think the trainer would seriously consider it.

jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2875

Fair point, but the decision on Honeysuckle seemed to be decided by the owner not HDB.

PS, all of this might not matter in the end, as she could struggle early on in open company and have here as a backup.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2330

The trainers and owners usually discuss these things, I am aware.

Yes that is what I am thinking. Plus, if the ground is decent at Cheltenham, 2 mile pace in the QMCC unlikely to suit, and more than likely come here anyway.

jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2875

PS, you can get 10s with 365 if you have access?

The point with the owners was that Alexander went for the easier + more suitable (race distance) for Honeysuckle, whereas with PTKO they decided to shoot for the stars and it worked.

Yeah if the ground is decent it could pay to go up in trip i agree. In all likelihood it’ll be g/s or worse though on Day 1.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2330

Bet365 restricted me.

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2355

“Going chasing with Benie Des Dieux is always a consideration. Every year, at this stage of the year, fences are an option for her. It’s not that we said we’re not going over fences – it’s just that we went down the hurdle route as the seasons progressed for different reasons. I’ll run her in whichever race I’d be hoping that she might go closest in.”

Given how mullins normally operates you could almost read between the lines that benie is going to come here and avoid honeysuckle

Hes not bothered by the prestige or prize money he just wants Cheltenham festival wins

With betfred the double is 66/1 gotta be worth a few pennies just in case

Worse ways to chuck a fiver away

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2330

Benie will be 10 next year. It will be harder against younger legs wherever they go.

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2355

True but she is lightly raced so is a young 10 and has a significant class edge over almost all the other mares in training

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2330

Over hurdles maybe. Over fences gotta prove it in her now more senior years. With normal improvement I’d have PTKO in this. And a different Mullins horse is favourite for this too. So all up in the air.

charlie87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 844

Dame De Compagnie @ 22/1
    Concertista @ 33/1

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3415

I really liked the look of Elimay last year. She’s short enough this far out but I’d rather her than Salsaretta. I think Honeysuckle will go mare’s hurdle again and PTKO to the CC. I haven’t backed Elimay alone yet but put her in a few peanut accas. Think she might be my good thing of the festival.

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2355

“She had a little setback so won’t be appearing until the second half of the season. She’s a fantastic jumper over fences and I’d imagine we’ll be going over fences. We’ll look at the mares’ chase at Cheltenham, or there is the mares’ hurdle too.”

Mullins on benie in the sporting life stable tour

Suddenly my 66/1 honeysuckle mares hurdle BDD mares chase double has become interesting

Reading between he’s saying they will run in the mares hurdle if honeysuckle runs in the champion. If honeysuckle runs in the mares hurdle they will take the easy option and go to the mares chase.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.