The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Long Walk Hurdle

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Long Walk Hurdle

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 83 total)
  • Author
    Lyphard
    • Total Posts 29

On the subject of Champion Hurdlers going on to win over 3m+, Lanzarote, 1974 Champion winner, won the Long Walk in 1975 carrying 12 stone 5 lbs to victory.

carvillshill
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2778

I agree with Reet- this smacks of a bandwagon you need to get off:
    Conventional wisdom has it that BJK is not genuine, doesn’t stay and his stable is out of form. He trades at 4/1 on BF tonight and I can see him getting bigger tomorrow- I’ll be backing him.
    I don’t think Hardy will stay, Kasbah has similar stamina concerns and Special Envoy has a bit to find but may be next best. If I were to put up a longshot, it would be Chief Dan George, who may have been prematurely written off.

no idea
    • Total Posts 685

Lough Derg at big odds is a good e/w saver. Always runs well at Ascot and only got beat by Mighty Man in this race last year at 50/1.
    You could do worse.

Fist of Fury 2k8
    • Total Posts 2930

and it what way is he 100% a 3 mile horse? He’s been found out too many times at the top level. Let him cruise in a 2m and see what happens..

Well Jonjo must have been running him under another name. I am totally confused by your post.

Heavy ground put paid to his chances at Cheltenham and you can forget that.

He then returned there for the festival and was a short priced fav and the banker of the meeting. He was the fittest he has ever been in his life and fell at the first………4 weeks later he went to Aintree but had left his race on the gallops..it’s called being over the top.

Lets see what happens today, yard may not be firing on all cylinders and if he is beaten it won’t be because there is a better horse in the race and that includes Hardy Useless……..oops!!!

I’m betting him today because he owes me big time after Cheltenham and I don’t think he’s had a fair crack of the whip……..got no choice really because if he won and I am not on I would put a gun to my head…….plus I need the money to buy some bullets for the damn thing in case Kauto gets beat at Kempton :lol: :lol:

V V confident.

Fist of Fury 2k8
    • Total Posts 2930

Agreed but early doors yet , by the time Cheltenham and Aintree come round it may look a lot better…..hopefully!

Gazs Way De Solzen
    • Total Posts 2440

I personally think that Black Jack Ketchum has a great chance here to prove his doubters wrong.

He has got the ground in his favour and also has proven in the past that he stays the distance.

I have also come to decide to go for Black Jack Ketchum, as a way of carefully reducing the other selections in the race.

Hardy Eustace is a great stayer but is getting older all the time and to ask him to step up another 5 furlongs more than he has done in his career so far, may just be a bit too much to ask. He seems to go well at Ascot though but i will rule him out as i think he possibly wont stay.

The form of Special Envoy is interesting though i think. Came a good second in a race won by Inglis Drever at Newbury at the start of the month, and that form looks strong. Also ran a good race at Haydock before that infamous fall at the last under Paddy Merrigan. Seems to go well with longer distances, but im not sure he will be able to cope with the higher class horses such as Black Jack Ketchum, Hardy Eustace, Cheif Dan George, etc…

Would be good to see Black Jack Ketchum get up and win this one, definately think it is his best chance of winning a race in recent times and possibly one which is going to be more in his favour than any other of the runners.

Charlie D
    • Total Posts 500

I personally think that Black Jack Ketchum has a great chance here to prove his doubters wrong.

Should be fav imo

Fist of Fury 2k8
    • Total Posts 2930

Probably would be FAV if it were thought Hardy wont stay but everyone including AP thinks he will.

One thing getting the trip and being as good at the trip as he was at 2m is another thing………10years old 11ears old in a week or so he may be approaching his sell by date.

The form of the Coral has hardly been boosted and the second is a professional loser.

This looks a tougher race, it’s a new trip and he is way too short a price. Wouldn’t carry my money

His presence makes BJ is a value bet and with HE running it will be the first time he won’t start favourite in a long time.

Gazs Way De Solzen
    • Total Posts 2440

Oscar Park and Sonnyanjoe now non-runners.

Charlie D
    • Total Posts 500

Cracking shout from no idea – well done

Tad surprised to hear the connections of Hardy and BJK stating their horses ain’t stayed

Venusian
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1665

At last the penny has dropped with Jonjo re BJK.

Fine ride by Tom Scudamore.

Fist of Fury 2k8
    • Total Posts 2930

12 1/2 lengths + 7lbs add 9 lengths that was some turnaround in form. :shock:

The say Hardy Eustace seemed to get the trip I would argue with that.

Not making excuses but BJK was expected to run a big race and ran like a horse who was half asleep. Couldn’t even get a blow in at HE who was going nowhere, never mind the winner. Can’t believe he is that bad.

Got to all have the lurgy Jonjos…….what price ED now for boxing day

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

More likely to be a physical problem than lack of stamina with Black Jack Ketchum in my opinion.

Charlie D
    • Total Posts 500

At last the penny has dropped with Jonjo re BJK.

Fine ride by Tom Scudamore.

I think BJK has just confirmed how good he is and that is just above a decent handicapper – a Grade 3 horse

He’ll get beat over shorter trips than todays by horses with the ability of HE, AFsoun Osana, Sublimity etc and he’ll get beat over todays trip by horses like HE, Inglish Drever

underscore
    • Total Posts 537

Were now for BJK? He will not win another 3m Grade 1 in his career. No lurgi, no bug, no injury….just not good enough.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 83 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.