The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Lap of Luxury

Home Forums Horse Racing Lap of Luxury

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    kiwibloodstock
    • Total Posts 54

Does anybody remember the usefull mare Lap of Luxury (Sharrood x Lap of Honour)? I looked after her as an apprentice in the early 90`s. Im trying to locate any of her progeny. She had a sister by Mtoto called Clapping that I also looked after. Any info would be great on either

robnorth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6221

According to the RP database:

She had a colt foal in 2001 by Royal Applause, named Air Of Supremacy who ran 8 times on the flat without placing (RPR 72) and twice over hurdles unsucessfully (RPR 43).

She had a colt in 2000 by Night Shift which shows un-named and no runs, though selling for 7000gns as a foal and 20000gns as a yearling.

Rob

kiwibloodstock
    • Total Posts 54

Thanks Rob,
    Didnt think of looking there. Quite dissapointing that she produced nothing to talk about.
    I also noticed Clapping was by Elegant Air. Could have sworn she was by Mtoto, mind you, I cant remember my way home from the pub most of the time. lol

guskennedy
    • Total Posts 759

She was a very useful mare, Kiwi, but mention of her name brings back an unhappy memory for me of the Bradford and Bingley Handicap over a mile at the 1994 Ebor Meeting. I’d convinced myself that from a low draw Paonic, trained by Luca Cumani, would make all and I had a very substantial (for me) bet at 8/1, win only of course. The Form Book as always puts it succinctly: Lap Of Luxury "hld up; hdwy over 2f out: r.o. wl u.p. to ld nr fin"; Paonic "lw: ld til nr fin." What the Form Book can’t convey is the sheer agony of those final strides.

racinggirluk
    • Total Posts 232

I remember her well… she was stabled round the side looking out to the paddock.. I used to work next door and I knew a few of the lad’s at Willie’s and often popped in to see the horses.

kiwibloodstock
    • Total Posts 54

I think she surprised most people every time she ran Gus, They thought she was useless for a long time at the yard.
    Racinggirl PM me, so we can talk. Did you work for Michael Jarvis?

racinggirluk
    • Total Posts 232

Yes I was at Micheal’s in 1994.

When was you at Willie’s??

kiwibloodstock
    • Total Posts 54

Hi racinggirl, I was his apprentice from about 91 – 94

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.