Ladbrokes Champion Chase 2019

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Ladbrokes Champion Chase 2019

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Venture to CognacVenture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 16078

Formerly the JNWine, and always a decent race, and as with most years, a small but select entry…..

https://www.racingpost.com/racecards/180/down-royal/2019-11-02/742541

I’ve bet Delta Work for The Gold Cup, always been a big fan, so I’m hoping for a big run here. Certainly my idea of the winner here, but assuming he’ll be a short price, no point betting him.

It would be great to see an early clash with Kemboy.

Looks a race for me to sit out, but I’d still be hopeful of a good line up, with some very nice ones in there.

I’ve not given up on Tout Est Permis at this level, and great to see Death Duty on the way back.

VautourVautour
    Participant
    • Total Posts 637

Hopefully Kemboy turns up but I doubt he will. Will be great to see how the Lost In Translation/Top of the Game form links in with the Al Boum Photo form on a line through Delta Work & Kemboy.

jackh1092jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1989

I really thought Nicholls sounded like he’d bypass here sadly with Clan..

If Kemboy goes i’d certainly fancy him vs Delta Work first time out, but he’d probably be favourite anyway..

Road To Respect probably having his Gold Cup here might be worth a bet if priced ok.

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2541

I really thought Nicholls sounded like he’d bypass here sadly with Clan..

Where did you see that Jack? I thought he sounded quite keen due to the flat right handed track. Mind you I thought he would come here last year. I think he might give it a miss if it’s a bog, which it might be as plenty of rain about. If so then I’m interested to see if Balko des Flos or Shattered Love can get back on track. If there is any good in the description then Clan des Obeaux or Road to Respect (for, as you say, his Gold Cup at Meade’s time of year) are interesting.
    And Delta Work from firm to heavy!

Not convinced Kemboy will come here but I hope he does- I want to see as many good ‘uns as possible. I wonder what will happen to the race when the Giggi horses age out of it. Best case scenario Elliott continues to send all his good horses here, Mullins has enough good open 3milers on stream by then to be forced to split them up further and send some here and Nicholls starts sending his best ones over again. It’s quite close to the Betfair and the £1m bonus probably encourages some- like CDO- to keep their powder dry for that. I really hope it doesn’t fizzle out into a 4 or 5 runner non-event for second string horses and get demoted to a G2 but there is a risk that could happen. Maybe Ireland need their own €1m bonus of this, the Savills or Irish GC and the Punchestown GC. That would only really benefit Down Royal of course (as the second race gets the benefit of one horse with a reason to be there and the 3rd race zero or one). Sadly yet again I failed to win the euromillions last week so I can’t put up the bonus.

Venture to CognacVenture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 16078

Agree with those comments on Road To Respect.

If the rain stays away, then he becomes a different proposition altogether.

jackh1092jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1989

GAG- He did a video for Betfair + he didn’t sound hellbent on the idea. Mentioned it as an option, but also mentioned how he thinks Clan is best fresh so might keep him back.

I don’t think Giggy downsizing (initially) and closing up shop (if it ever happens) will damage the race too much. Yup there the main source of runners now, but Elliot will continue to have flocks of owners and he will continue to love this meeting. Mullin’s probably won’t ever have that many @ the meeting as his winter horses start later.. Hopefully Meade keeps powering on even with Giggy downsizing, he’s been really good recently. Patricia Hunt loves having winners at her local track so fingers crossed she keeps buying well and targeting here as well!

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 794

By the sounds of it kemboy and clan des obeaux could well both be coming here

VautourVautour
    Participant
    • Total Posts 637

Something tells me Mullins will find a reason not to run Kemboy. It’s very rare you ever see a top Open company Chaser from Mullins yard out before December. Would love to be wrong and would be great to see Delta Work, Clan Des Obeaux & Kemboy go at it early on in the season. Delta Work is probably the safest bet as he’ll definitely turn up and Good ground puts Road to Respect in the frame.

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2316

He has a fair reason now vautour LOL

VautourVautour
    Participant
    • Total Posts 637

Yep, his owners are under investigation for over-selling his ownership shares. I wonder how long that will talk to sort itself out

Autumnal
    Participant
    • Total Posts 223

Balko Des Flos really caught my eye in The Daily Star Chase.

This will be a better race than last year, so this is a risky approach, as they might go with just their big guns, but I just had to bet him 25/1 each way.

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2541

Depends on ground probably. They ran him here last year when it was a bit too quick for him I think and he got off on the wrong foot for the season. It’s been dry pretty much all day here again today, and sunny all morning. If this weather continues I don’t think he, Shattered Love or Tout Est Permis will go. Unusual to be so settled up here though and there’s still time for a drenching between now and Saturday.

jackh1092jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1989

Last forecast i checked had some rain on Saturday, but dry other than that…

HDB said in stable tour he was likelier to go elsewhere. Have to admit he was one i was considering at the prices if it softened up a bit.

peter .hpeter .h
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1176

Bloody hell this Gigginstown wind down can’t come quick enough!

Clan Des Obeaux looks a fair proposition at the prices and I quite fancy Shattered Love to go well at bigger.

KevMcKevMc
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1109

Why is that Peter? Without Gigg there’d be 3 runners.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.