The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

King George Stakes 2017

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion King George Stakes 2017

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    hein bollowhein bollow
    Participant
    • Total Posts 789

Cheers for the word “quagmire”, that’s what I was lacking..
    But by Friday the ground has a chance of becoming reasonable again.

hein bollowhein bollow
    Participant
    • Total Posts 789

Muthmir is out, that’s a good indication :good: .

hein bollowhein bollow
    Participant
    • Total Posts 789

Now, do you want an answer or not? :unsure:

So, what about your answer know, Ginger?

hein bollowhein bollow
    Participant
    • Total Posts 789

Okay then, you can leave your hat on..

charlie87charlie87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 803

Will Marsha run on soft?

CharlesOlneyCharlesOlney
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2050

I’m pretty confident that Profitable will win.

You could argue the price has gone, but at the end of the day I think he’ll win so have taken 5/2 this evening with the potential to go in again in the morning should I see fit.

GingertipsterGingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 26480

Now, do you want an answer or not? :unsure:

So, what about your answer know, Ginger?

Okay then, you can leave your hat on..

Be patient, there have been other races to work out.

Marsha may not act on soft, but she hasn’t raced on it. There was a time last year when her form was better on good than good-firm and I thought she needed some give. Only this year has she now got better form on good-firm and hasn’t yet this term run on anything else. Didn’t seem at her very best on very firm at Ascot. Punters and bookmakers seem to be taking their lead from Sir Mark’s words and walking the course tomorrow; there’s no actual evidence. Fair enough, shouldn’t be as short as a horse that’s got the same form and proven on soft, but 7/1 is surely too much?

I backed Take Cover last year, but it’s surely no coincidence that the two courses he goes best at are York and Goodwood; fast courses. Soft ground does not play to his strength. Ran well last time out won a listed race at York by 1/2 length and a neck from Final Venture and last year’s Kings Stand second Cotai Glory. The second, Final Venture was giving both 3 lbs. Unlike Take Cover, he aslo appears equally effective on a softer surface. Argueably of those proven on the ground only Profitable has better form. 14/1 worth taking.

Battash broke the track record at Sandown last time out (firm). Has just as much doubt about acting on soft and yet half the price of Marsha. To me, the improvement coming on firmer going is no coincidence.

Profitable ran really well when second to Lady Aurelia in the Kings Stand on ground I thought would not suit, marginally ahead of Marsha. in third. Profitable won that race last year on a soft surface. Position in the market isn’t that her form is so much better than Marsha and Battash, it’s only because he’s the only one proven on soft. Stable are in good form too. Saver material @ 5/2. If 3/1 in the morning would be a main bet.

My 100% Book:
    Profitable 9/4, Battash 4/1, Marsha 5/1, Final Venture 10/1, Kachy 16/1, Take Cover 16/1, Washington DC 25/1, Priceless 25/1, Ardad 50/1, Kyllang Rock 100/1, Yalta 400/1, Glass Office 400/1.

value is everything
    LostSoldier3
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 1894

Profitable for me too, with a secondary bet on Kyllang Rock.

James Tate’s young sprinter often shapes like a horse with much more ability than the raw facts of his form so far. He travelled all over Final Venture a couple of starts ago before being run out of it by a braver and more experienced horse. Perhaps he didn’t face the cheekpieces last time. He’ll need to be late on the scene but could outrun his odds with the ground in his favour.

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2448

Profitable for me, 5/2 still seems anoretty good price although id generally not back something in this type of race at that price

Middle_Of_MarchMiddle_Of_March
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2614

Marsha at 7/1 looks stupidly big.

I’ve played.

Racingorchid
    Participant
    • Total Posts 175

14/1 priceless is the value for me

MRSRAYMO
    Participant
    • Total Posts 141

I have backed Kachy . I thought I would say so because Raymo says it has no chance!!!

:good: :good: :good:

GingertipsterGingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 26480

I have backed Kachy . I thought I would say so because Raymo says it has no chance!!!

:good: :good: :good:

I’d have fancied Kachy myself if the ground wasn’t soft, Mrs R. Largely been running over the wrong distance of late and today’s should be better. Seems to have been placed to avoid this surface, but if acting on it could go well. Although do wonder if he’s best able to dominate from the front and there’s other front runners in this race. Might not get his own way.

value is everything
    viktors89viktors89
    Participant
    • Total Posts 337

Marsha at 7/1 looks stupidly big.

I’ve played.

Same. Might end up last but I will take the odds easily.

viktors89viktors89
    Participant
    • Total Posts 337

Superb win by battaash… Marsha was closed by profitable and could have been 2nd… no chance with the winner IMO

Congratz to all that won!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 45 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.