The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

King George 2011 & 2012

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion King George 2011 & 2012

Viewing 17 posts - 341 through 357 (of 387 total)
  • Author
    elgransenor1
    • Total Posts 625

silviano conti has already been taken out.

Participant
    • Total Posts 647

I was going down the ‘second season chaser route’ and was torn between Al Ferof and Cue Card, the former’s unfortunate injury making my mind up for me, they really do look a special bunch.

Cue Card has some high class form and I doubt we’ve seen the best of him yet, the trip may be an issue but he may just improve for the step up in trip. Tizzard very bullish today also.

I’m taking the 9/2 today with Boylesport (NRNB), he will be alot shorter if it cuts up and SDC, SE and GC don’t line up (I suspect 2 of them at least won’t).

Good luck all.

• Total Posts 1217

Any news on Grands Crus’s fitness and breathing op? I’ve earmarked him for this race for a while, think he comes to life at Kempton.

Participant
    • Total Posts 3777

Looking at the field doesn’t exactly inspire much confidence. I can find negatives everywhere I look. It may well be that I find myself backing the tried and trusted 3 mile performer around Kempton – and by default – namely, the ante-post favourite, Long Run. :?

Gambling Only Pays When You're Winning

TomBarkley87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1835

Any news on Grands Crus’s fitness and breathing op? I’ve earmarked him for this race for a while, think he comes to life at Kempton.

I read that Pipey is very happy with his work at home, but admitted they if you were to have a bet then try and get it ‘with a run’ as he’s 50-50 to make it there. I’m on @14s so I’m crossing everything :!:

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

It may well be that I find myself backing the tried and trusted 3 mile performer around Kempton – and by default – namely, the ante-post favourite, Long Run. :?

I hope Long Run gets a good view of Sir Des Champs’ hindquarters as that’s all he’ll see from the second last :wink:

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

Looking at the field doesn’t exactly inspire much confidence. I can find negatives everywhere I look. It may well be that I find myself backing the tried and trusted 3 mile performer around Kempton – and by default – namely, the ante-post favourite, Long Run. :?

I think you may well be right. I would certainly rather back Long Run at 5/2 than Cue Card at 4/1 given the stamina doubts and a line of form where the latter has been pretty short odds most of the time. Long Run has trousered almost £400,000 more in prize money, so he’s worn the t-shirt, whereas Cue Card hasn’t been measured for one yet :)

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

• Total Posts 15014

A race I rarely bet in, much prefer to sit and enjoy it every year, I think the last time I had a serious bet in it was an ill-advised go on Swansea Bay a few years back………….yeah I know :roll:

That’s changed however with Junior getting supplemented. One of my very favourites, his win in last years Kim Muir still brings a tear to my eye!!!

I bet plenty on him for last seasons Gold Cup, and I’m still just about forgiving Pipe for targetting him for The National instead.
    I’ve got plenty on him for The Gold Cup again, but last season was probably his chance, with this years renewal looking as if it’s going to be considerably stronger. I’d be delighted with a good show at Kempton though. Goes without saying that he’s got

plenty

to find with the market leaders, but I can dream. He’s only on song occasionally, but when he’s good, he’s very good. If they could just iron out his bloody jumping……….. :shock:

PS I’m not drunk :mrgreen:

Participant
    • Total Posts 2936

I liked Swansea Bay.

Riverside Theatre e/way for me.

• Total Posts 28

Is it just Boylesports who are NRNB?

Also what are the chances of Wishful Thinking and also Finians Rainbow lining up?

Participant
    • Total Posts 2936

Henderson should start all his three. AP might ride one of Finians or Riverside.

• Total Posts 15014

A real favourite of mine as well Mark, but was too big an ask for him the end.

• Total Posts 59

Santa, Grands Crus for Xmas this year. Thank you.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2272

riverside theatre or hope sir des champ runs

vf

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

The money’s coming for Sir Des Champs now, top price 6/1 :twisted:

TomBarkley87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1835

The money’s coming for Sir Des Champs now, top price 6/1 :twisted:

Going at 33s on Betfair Tommy. Surely he’s going to Leopardstown isn’t he?

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

:shock: When I looked this morning he was around 8/1 on Betfair for this and 5 or 6 for the Lexus. PP had him in the Lexus market ‘with a run’. Now I see only three bookies have him priced on oddschecker :( Gutted to be honest!

Viewing 17 posts - 341 through 357 (of 387 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.