The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Kauto Star

Home Forums Horse Racing Kauto Star

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 110 total)
  • Author
    davidbrady
    • Total Posts 3901

Very Impressive

Gazs Way De Solzen
    • Total Posts 2440

Dont know what to say personally, the horse is absolutely different class.

Absolutely fine display of jumping there from Kauto Star.

Once Exotic Dancer was off the bridle coming round the last corner, it was Kauto’s to lose, but he jumped the last few fences in brilliant fashion.

Hope My Way De Solzen is ok though after being pulled up, didnt seem to be travelling well at all.

johnjdonoghue
    • Total Posts 994

Best display of chasing I have ever seen, what a horse.

JohnJ

Aidan
    • Total Posts 1198

Hairs still standing on the back of my neck!! That was awesome…bring on Denman…KS will blow him away.

davidbrady
    • Total Posts 3901

I think Ruby Walsh got it spot on when he said

"Best horse in my lifetime"

Touch of Monets Garden performance last year about the way MWDS ran and I doubt we’ll see him race over further than 21f again.

Himself
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3777

It looked so very easy for the horse.

Now please no more excuses for Exotic Dancer. I think that’s 5 – 0 now to the Nicholls horse as far as that particular match up is concerned. Jonjo’s horse simply isn’t in the same league as Kauto Star.

Ruby Walsh said after the race about the Gold Cup, " Bring ’em on ! "

On that performance, I should imagine there will be few willing to take him on … apart from his stable companion Denman, of course. :wink:

Gambling Only Pays When You're Winning

thedarkknight
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1299

JohnJ

A very good effort, but that is surely a slight exaggeration? Our Vic and Racing Demon are good horses but world beaters they are not.

Aidan
    • Total Posts 1198

Our Vic has a highest rating of 173….Kauto Star beat him an easy 11 lenghts….plenty to get excited about there be thinks!!!

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7922

you can only beat what’s there to beat – I’m beginning to think that Mr Fist is right about this horse, and I’m going to make the most of what I’m seeing. May try to get tickeys for the Gold Cup [always go on the Tuesday]. This is something very very special….

Flash
    • Total Posts 1144

Kauto Star is something else its a pleasure and a honour to watch such greatness.

What an incredible machine of a horse.

johnjdonoghue
    • Total Posts 994

JohnJ

A very good effort, but that is surely a slight exaggeration? Our Vic and Racing Demon are good horses but world beaters they are not.

TDK,

In my time following racing, which is 5yrs or so it is the best, eclipsing Best Mate in the Lexus, and Moscow Flyer’s Tingle Creek. I always doubted the horses jumping, but today I am totally convinced. His most impressive attribute is his engine, and what an engine!

JohnJ

thedarkknight
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1299

For me, he probably ran to about 180 there – that makes it an excellent performance – but talk of best ever etc is wide of the mark.

Flash
    • Total Posts 1144

For me, he probably ran to about 180 there – that makes it an excellent performance – but talk of best ever etc is wide of the mark.

Hven’t rated the race yet but I estimate around 181 / 182.

The thing is though we don’t know how much he had left he didn’t seem to be flat out by any means.

Gazs Way De Solzen
    • Total Posts 2440

Was he even off the bridle? ? ?

:)

Kalidor
    • Total Posts 96

Devastating performance from Kauto Star winning with such ease. His jumping was great and he didn’t look like he was off the bridle either. Top class. Roll on the GC! 8)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 110 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.