The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

ITV Racing

Home Forums Horse Racing ITV Racing

Viewing 17 posts - 290 through 306 (of 2,296 total)
  • Author
    chestnut
    Participant
    • Total Posts 698

Anybody wanting to record the racing this afternoon and are able to do so need to change the channel to ITV4

Participant
    • Total Posts 8863

To be fair to McCoy, “so it does” and phrases like that at the end of sentences are quite commonly used by people from Northern Ireland.

Avatar photoThe Tatling Cheekily
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 2723

People round my neck of the woods often say ‘like’ and ‘mind’ at the end of sentences. Wouldn’t expect to hear it on TV mind.

BUY THE SUN

Participant
    • Total Posts 2976

And don’t worry if you miss the first half hour as it’s just the presenters bragging about their interactions with Prince Philip and saying how he had no interest in horse-racing.

Blocked
    • Total Posts 2723

Its absolutely cringeworthy.

“Isn’t it true you once sat next to Price Phillip, Duke of Edinburgh, in the carriage?”. Wow, what an achievement.

“The Prince used to skive off from Ascot to make the evening Polo games.” Fantastic stuff. Guffaw, chortle, what a wag. And so forth.

BUY THE SUN

Participant
    • Total Posts 8863

The Duke of Edinburgh did something the Queen has not – he owned a Derby winner. Camira Flash, winner of the Greyhound Derby in 1968.

Blocked
    • Total Posts 2723

Really? Can’t imagine old Phil mingling with all the likely lads down at the dogs!

BUY THE SUN

Keymaster
    • Total Posts 1163

Detected a bit of needle between Chamberlin and McCoy today I thought. Ed Chamberlin is almost obsessive about promoting the sport in a positive light (nothing wrong with that btw) so I reckon McCoy’s curmudgeonly persona is starting to grate.

Walsh, for what it is worth, grows increasingly excellent. Balanced, strikes the right note and has a bit of humour about him too.

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7543

His pre race explanation of how to ride the course and post race analysis of tactics using all the different video angles including overhead shots is really brilliant. So clear and I think that’s the kind of thing to attract new fans to start delving deeper into the sport. His knowledge of the form is excellent. The most valuable member of the team IMO.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8863

“Can’t imagine old Phil mingling with all the likely lads down at the dogs!”

It does not sound like many punters welcomed the victory either! The dog was only fourth in the semi final but another dog was disqualified for fighting. Camira Flash was controversially promoted to third, allowed to run in the final and then promptly turned over the odds on favourite!

1968 CAMIRA FLASH

Participant
    • Total Posts 959

Well I sat down tonight ready to watch the days action. It never occurred to me that ITV would switch channels. Priorities, eh.

Luckily I had taped RTV to catch the first and last races. Although I didn’t appreciate the split screen between the Topham and Wexford. Could have shown the Irish race recorded.

Completely agree re Walsh’s post race analysis. It’s superb. Between Walsh and Blake it seems like the Irish have the punditry sewn up as well.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8863

Agree about the split screen. Wexford should have waited for a minute before starting.

Blocked
    • Total Posts 12999

As oft stated, I watch on mute though I did make two exceptions this week, one deliberate, one accidental.

The deliberate one as to listen to legendary character Joe “JayJay” O’Shea interviewed after the Foxhunters.

The other was pushing the wrong button by mistake which was very unfortunate as it was an item by the truly nauseating “social stable.”

For the uninitiated (and if that’s you, trust me, best to keep it that way) this is a segment where two young men called Oli Bell and Chris Hughes, having apparently both donated their brains to medical science, talk about precisely nothing at excruciating length.

On this occasion they were interviewing via video link a young Liverpudlian woman and asking her what Aintree means as a day out and occasion in the area only to be told she had never been.

With those two liable to be hovering around, who could blame her?

Anyway, mute button at the ready for today’s broadcast!

I am "The Horse Racing Punter" on Facebook
    https://mobile.twitter.com/Ian_Davies_
    https://www.facebook.com/ThePointtoPointNHandFlatracingpunter/
    It's the "Millwall FC" of Point broadcasts: "No One Likes Us - We Don't Care"

Blocked
    • Total Posts 2723

Ollie Bell is getting / attempting to get, a lot of mileage out of this “Liverpool fans will all be backing Definitely Red” angle / nonsense.

BUY THE SUN

Red Rum 77
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4740

Just watched the morning line, where it was all about the National. Briefly touched on Shishkin a odds on favourite and Paisley Park vs Thyme Hill but nothing about other races, this was a one race program in essence. Boring the best bet may not be the National. :negative:

The best things in life are free.
    But you can give them to the birds and bees.

Salut A Toi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 194

What I found bizarre yesterday was the notion that people (especially “ladies”) might like to “get dressed up at home” and send in photos of themselves doing so.

Can anyone on this forum explain to me why this might be anything other than a totally nonsensical thing to do?

Participant
    • Total Posts 8863

Not sure which genius scheduled a meeting at Dundalk this afternoon, meaning it intrudes into RTV’s coverage. Why couldn’t this meeting have been on in the evening under the lights?

Viewing 17 posts - 290 through 306 (of 2,296 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.