The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

ITV Racing

Home Forums Horse Racing ITV Racing

Viewing 17 posts - 273 through 289 (of 2,296 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1326

You must remember ITV have a demographic other than us racing nuts and must cater for those. The social stable is one of those. Personally I flick over to Racing TV during those segments and flick back at post time (prefer Hoiles commentary to the rest).

They have to be commended for bagging Ruby Walsh at the big meetings. His insight and critique is very refreshing.

Participant
    • Total Posts 16887

Get rid of Luke Harvey at the start and first fence.

Jockeys need a quiet place before the start of a race they don’t need him there wishing them good luck..what’s the point of it. Twice he shouted out to Jack Kennedy on Tiger Roll and twice he received the cold shoulder.

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    Participant
    • Total Posts 32124

I absolutely loved it when McCoy said he hopes he is dead before anyone breaks his record
    Remind me of the year 7 400m record I held at secondary school. Mother was a dinner lady and every summer after I had left school asked her to check the records on the wall taking pride of place.
    One day she came home and said my record had been broken
    Not quite McCoy standards but I know where he was coming from

Blackbeard to conquer the World

Participant
    • Total Posts 5683

Charlie would salute you Sir !
    Slipped into America in 1911
    and became the biggest movie actor in the world. John Wayne could say a lot with his
    hips – also the way they ‘spoke’ on his horse, but the little tramp with his inimitable swagger was the master and ultimate god of shhhhh.

Ian your 60’s child would have experienced true bliss if transported back to the future to the really quiet decades of the 30’s and 40’s with no irritating ITV, just a chat by the fireside or popping into the lounge for ultimate sounds of silence. Lounge rooms back then were solely for entertaining the occasional guest, apart from that the curtains were drawn to prevent any sun damage.
    The 60’s was a noisy decade – you had a difficult start. The first version of the pneumatic drill was invented in the 1890’s – the second and louder version the T. Blackburn came to market in 1967.

The little tramp ended his last 26 years holed up in what was a 35 acre pig farm in Geneva. The swiss and their mountains are the height of discretion, and quietude.
    Chaplin versus Chapman ?
    Who would you want on your desert Island ?

Open your eyes
    Look up to the skies
    And you will see
    Silence is Golden
    Right Charlie ?

Ay -y- y- y- O (Queen)

wordfromthewise
    Participant
    • Total Posts 478

McCoy was being provocative and ridiculous yesterday when he said he didn’t care about Tiger Roll not being in the Grand National because 3 modern day Nationals don’t compare with the 3 Rummy ones.

Academic and forensic comparisons with Red Rum are for AFTER the achievement and not before…. what we shouldn’t care about is giving attention to Michael O’Leary’s typically unsporting and cynical stunt in depriving us all of what would be one of the all time great sporting endeavours.

McCoy revealed his continuing ,odd and arrogant self obsession when Ruby Walsh (somewhat unkindly and randomly answered the point by referring to McCoys own records as being there to be beaten (just as Red Rum’s may be ) by saying he hopes he’s dead when that happens.

McCoy is becoming even more of a write off in TV punditry terms based on this childish behaviour.

Idiotic.

Avatar photoThe Tatling Cheekily
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 2723

I agreed with AP. Tiger Roll’s victorys in a couple of Fixed-Brush Staying Hurdles can’t be compared to Rummys three Nationals.

As for his “hope I’m dead” comments, I appreciate his honesty. He is arrogant, sure, but I appreciate hearing the truth.

BUY THE SUN

wordfromthewise
    Participant
    • Total Posts 478

And you ‘don’t care ‘ about TR not running?

Blocked
    • Total Posts 2723

Not particularly. Quite pleased Gigginstown / Cullentra won’t be making history tbf after recent events.

BUY THE SUN

Participant
    • Total Posts 3439

I would have thought the chances of someone beating McCoy’s record before he’s dead are remote. In fact I can’t see it ever being beaten. I’m surprised Walsh sees it as a possibility. No one currently riding will get anywhere near it.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8863

Glad I seldom have to watch ITV Racing because it sounds like a right misery hour with McCoy! Great jockey but I really do not like him as a person. And all his achievements do not appear to have made him happy, at least in public.

clivexx
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 2702

So he will be standing on a chair with a rope round his neck watching RTV as suchandsuch jockey approaches the last 10 lengths clear?

Your thing Nathan is quite nice and amusing but in all seriousness though, if he was being serious,what a miserable man he is. You sometimes wonder if he got any pleasure from his career at all. Or any pleasure from anything ever

clivexx
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 2702

Just seen Corks post and im bang there

Listening to Mccoy is like meeting your heavy cold ridden accountant at a funeral on a wet Monday freezing November morning telling you your tax bill is so massive and you have the choice of bankruptcy or suicide

clivexx
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 2702

O Leary knows nothing about racing. Has zero love for the sport and is a complete 100% ****

Participant
    • Total Posts 8863

Nice one, Clive!

Agree about O’Leary as well.

Blocked
    • Total Posts 2723

The other thing with AP is that his verbal style becomes more like Jim McDonald off Corrie every week, ‘so it does’.

BUY THE SUN

clivexx
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 2702

Oh god I hate that “so it does” What the fck does that mean? it really grates

Cant the producer tell him to button it?

They would if a presenter was saying “know what I mean” or “innit” after every ****** sentence

Blocked
    • Total Posts 2723

Tell me this and tell me no more Anthony……Yeah Clive, if I was a Producer, I’d tell him, so I would.

BUY THE SUN

Viewing 17 posts - 273 through 289 (of 2,296 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.