The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

ITV Racing

Home Forums Horse Racing ITV Racing

Viewing 17 posts - 1,837 through 1,853 (of 2,296 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 32124

They always do it in the Snooker

It seems too intrusive off air as well to even ask something like “if we do a interview can I bring up”?

We care, we care… what are the viewing figures.. :yes:

Blackbeard to conquer the World

Participant
    • Total Posts 784

I wonder if the producers had planned this and Chapman can just hear the script throughhis ear piece?
    I find Megan Nicholl really annoying too!

Participant
    • Total Posts 2977

Me too Crepello. My heart leapt when they said it was her final day. Sank again when they said she’s to be replaced by Leonna Mayor.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2287

I don’t actually mind Leonna.

The things I want most in life are the things that I can't win.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2287

I have noticed in particular from Saturday they have stopped Frankie’s last this and the other.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8863

“Roger Varian is a lovely spoken man.”

I expect he naturally is anyway but he was assistant trainer to Michael Jarvis for several years. He was a proper gentleman and I am sure Mr Varian learned a lot from him.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8863

Agree about Megan Nicholls. I used to think Leonna Mayor was OK until she showed some rather unpleasant behaviour on Twitter earlier this year.

Participant
    • Total Posts 32124

Wish they would throw Harvey “over the wall”

Blackbeard to conquer the World

Participant
    • Total Posts 1393

I prefer Megan Nicholls over Leonna Mayor. Leonna has the most irritating voice.

Adele Mulrennan is a breath of fresh air. Articulate, composed and enlightening.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2287

Adele is definitely top of the tree with me.

mickeyjp
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1735

Adele is just a lovely lady. Doesn’t try too hard and knows her onions. More power to her.

Participant
    • Total Posts 32903

Why don’t ITV Raing employ a form expert? :scratch:

They ask each other who’s going to win but none of them have a clue about form.

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8863

Nice of Galway to start a race just as they were approaching the furlong pole in the Stewards Cup, forcing RTV to a split screen. :wacko:

Participant
    • Total Posts 3439

If RTV had half a brain they wouldn’t have gone split screen for just over a furlong.

Leonna has had a very good day, said Sweet William was a good thing and gave excellent reasoning why Free Wind should be opposed. Seems to do plenty of homework and it shows, unlike one or two of the others.
    Cesca is dire, what’s with all the dumb questions she keeps asking the “experts”?

Participant
    • Total Posts 8863

I assume RTV is contractually obliged to show all races in full.

It is not the first time races in Ireland have been started when the big race of the day in England is reaching its conclusion. I appreciate some people in Irish racing do not like the RTV deal and think they get treated as second best but it is difficult to have any sympathy when they cannot wait a few seconds to start a minor race.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2367

Random thing I noticed this week – Nick Luck is incredibly hard working and always seemed to be the first presenter on the course, he’d often be in restaurants/bars/the stands at 9am taking phone calls and keeping himself busy, one day I saw him sat in a restaurant on his laptop at about 9.30am recording his podcast with Lydia Hislop. The other tv folk seemed to just swan about the parade ring when they were required to, whereas Nick seemed like he genuinely loved being around the place. I should note that both him and Rishi seemed particularly popular amongst those in the sport.

Met the forums friend Richard Hoiles too on Tuesday and he couldn’t have been friendlier.

Illavim
    Participant
    • Total Posts 746

I think Nick Luck and the RUK team are far better than the ITV mob. Apart from Tuesday when had no internet due to rats chewing through the cables so had to watch the racing on itv, on mute obviously, have been able to watch via RUK, so thankfully no inane fashion items, just plenty of informed opinions, and great interviews by Lydia. James Millman is a good addition to their team too.

Viewing 17 posts - 1,837 through 1,853 (of 2,296 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.