The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

In Compliance

Home Forums Horse Racing In Compliance

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Aidan
    • Total Posts 1198

Positives for both the first and second today. The winner is some jumper. Would love to see him go to Kempton as I think it would suit him down to the ground, but sounds like its the Lexus.

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Did anything bar the winner and Sher Beau give their running yesterday?

nore
    • Total Posts 151

dj, I don’t think you should doubt the strength of this form. Hi Cloy and Nickname simply couldn’t get to the leaders in the last half-mile and both finished out their races well enough to suggest that there were no excuses for them. The time of the race compares suitably favourably to both the handicap chase and the Novices race run over track-and-trip later on the card. Yeah, the 135-rated Sher Beau in third place casts a question but he is young enough for it to be plausible that he has improved (he did win a Grade 1 as a Novice hurdler). The result suggests he merits a ratings rise of upwards of 20lb and I would expect him to run up to that again.

<br>

SirHarryLewisSirHarryLewis
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1194

Quote: from nore on 10:44 am on Dec. 11, 2006[br]dj, I don’t think you should doubt the strength of this form. Hi Cloy and Nickname simply couldn’t get to the leaders in the last half-mile and both finished out their races well enough to suggest that there were no excuses for them. The time of the race compares suitably favourably to both the handicap chase and the Novices race run over track-and-trip later on the card. Yeah, the 135-rated Sher Beau in third place casts a question but he is young enough for it to be plausible that he has improved (he did win a Grade 1 as a Novice hurdler). The result suggests he merits a ratings rise of upwards of 20lb and I would expect him to run up to that again.

<br>

I was there..  I think the winner won very well and looked well post race given the conditions.  I thought WOA ran a cracker and I think he certainly is an improved sort since this time last year where for most of the year he looked overrated to me.

SHL

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17727

Quote: from davidjohnson on 8:59 am on Dec. 11, 2006[br]Did anything bar the winner and Sher Beau give their running yesterday?<br>

Highly doubtful, imo.<br> Otherwise you would have to believe that both these horses improved by at least 16lb yesterday, an enormous amount for any horse in its 6th race over fences, let alone 2 in the same race.<br> You would also have to have WoA running only 7lb below his previous best on ground he detests, whereas in the same race last year, on less disadvantageous ground, he ran a full 18lb below his previous best achieved only a few weeks earlier.<br>In Compliance has a long way to go to even consider running in the same race as Kauto Star

clivex
    • Total Posts 3420

Trackside

Surely Nickname was pretty disappointing?

the value of the form revolves around how much WOA was inconvenienced by the ground. I think he travels well enough in softish going but trainer says his jumping is less effective. Tricky. Winner looked good but cant see him troubling KS on what we have seen so far

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.