The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

I’m a Celebrity get Me Out of Here

Home Forums General Sports I’m a Celebrity get Me Out of Here

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Perpetual
    Participant
    • Total Posts 432

I wouldn’t class them as celebrities, but hate to admit that I’ll be watching & punting. I’ve found nearly all of these programmes (BB, Fame Academy, Pap Idol etc) very profitable if you can be bothered to study the form!!

I’ll probably wait until I’ve been able to view the runners in the paddock before investing but early thoughts are

a. Johnny Rotten looks very poor value (4/1 with the bookies, 6/1+ on Betfair) I’m guessing he’ll be totally obnoxious & could be one of the first 3 out.<br>b. Jenny Bond looks overpriced at 20/1<br>c. Peter Andre – where’s he been for the last 5 years?:biggrin: <br>d. Jordan – no chance. One of the most hated people in the country

Any thoughts?

dandan
    • Total Posts 199

Will be studying it too, I think these novelty type bets are a good source of profit. As you say best to view the runners in the paddock first!

tooting
    • Total Posts 379

Yep – I’ll be pitching in as usual.  And I notice dear old gamble is taking an interest on the betfair board – though we’re both distraught at Frank Carson’s late withdrawal. <br> <br>I’m nicely ‘green’ on Jordan and Brockett (whoever he is), not that I can see them winning.  

However, if Jordan did really cost a shed-load more than the others, I expect some very positive editing.

I felt last year that Tuffers was given a clear editorial-winning remit right from the off, and will be looking over the first few days to see if the producers have clear favourites.  

Also, the markets seemed pretty ‘clean’ last year – so we shouldn’t suffer from too many shenanigans on the eviction markets.

Early doors my suspicion is Mike Read will hang around a good while.

As an ex-punk I wish nothing but maggots up the arse for that good-for-nothing bulls**t
    ter Rotten (he says typing on his laptop sipping XO Cognac) – cop-out merchant…

Perpetual
    Participant
    • Total Posts 432

LOL ‘maggotts up the arse’ … ouch:o

Couldn’t resist the 25’s Jenny Bond with Corals & 10’s P Andre for Top male (same firm – now 7’s).

Video’s set for tonight (I know, I know…..)

tooting
    • Total Posts 379

The top male market does look quite attractive to me, Perpetual.

I could happily oppose Ruddock/Lydon, or back any of the other three.

My wife detests Jenny Bond in a strangely pathological way – she’s usually kindness personified and the only other person who has come close to receiving similar levels of vitriol is Jennifer Rush singing the Power of Love!

Surely a male will be nominated for the 1st bushtucker trial…<br>

tooting
    • Total Posts 379

Mmm, that was an interesting first night – even without the 1st Bushtucker trial betting fiasco.

As I suspected, it seems the key difference between this programme and similar reality TV programmes is that there is a clear editorial re-mit.

The decision to have two people undertaking the first trial was distinctly fishy. I’d go long odds-on that the only reason for this was to ensure that Jordan was involved – after all, they’ve spent a fortune on her.  Pretty easy to tell Ruddock that he has to nominate her to join him.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they have other tricks up their sleeve.  It’s like when John McEnroe comes over to play that Masters tournament at the Albert Hall,and has written in his contract that he has to have a blow-up with the umpire. It wouldn’t be fanciful to imagine Johnny Rotten has a similar clause in his contract.

Anyway, the front three in the betting look away and clear. Unlike other reality shows where things can and do change very quickly, as with last year, I expect the nightly programme to only serve to re-inforce early positions.

As an example, I remember Chris Bison was actually quite lively on the digital feed, but was given no air-play in the nightly highlights package, which concentrated on the ‘gang of 3’ and Fashanu ‘focusing’.

Hopefully, there can still be a decent fist to be made of the eviction markets…  

Perpetual
    Participant
    • Total Posts 432

Bruce Millington (p 67 of todays Racing Post) sums it up perfectly….. “a shockingly bad selection (or selections in my case) and ends up getting exactly what he deservesâ€ÂÂ

Perpetual
    Participant
    • Total Posts 432

Well, my ‘shockingly bad selections’ did OK :biggrin: but still only ended marginally ahead.

Won on the outright and top male/female markets, but found it impossible to call the evictions correctly and lost on all bar two:(

Bring on Celebrity BB…

tooting
    • Total Posts 379

Not my best event either, Perpetual.

Johnny blew all my profits to that point – even though I put in my post above about him being likely to walk!!  

Then on Saturday having said I’d keep out of that eviction market, for some reason (drink probably) I got turned over on Jordan.

The other markets and Kerry dug me out of that hole, but it ended up not really being worth the effort.

Still, I think there’s a new one starting on Channel 5 at the weekend!

Daylight
    • Total Posts 369

Having suffered a major setback when Jonny did I runner I recovered in style after getting jordan & Brocket correct and laying Pete meant I was well up only to give a little back when backing Jennie in a head to head with Pete for 3rd place.

Overall profit despite some hiccups so another reality show adds to my profit – if only I could say the same about the horses!!!!!!!!

twinoaks
    Participant
    • Total Posts 16

Hi Everyone

Has anyone seen the odds for the new programme?

Not interested in the Jungle programme,just want to back the winner!!

Cheers.

Kevin

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.