The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Il Est Francais

Home Forums Horse Racing Il Est Francais

Viewing 6 posts - 69 through 74 (of 74 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 31537

If its a stamina issue he’d have next to no chance in a Gold Cup

Blackbeard to conquer the World

TheTinMan87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 950

It looked miles too bad to be true he was beat from some way out and jockey looking around, wouldn’t suggest fitness was the issue to me. Lets hope the trainer can get him back on track. It does seem from the tactics and the comments post race they are concerned about his stamina but that wouldn’t explain him being that bad today.

His Kauto Star form hasn’t amounted to much, I suppose you could say Kilbeg King almost won a Reynoldstown albeit not a great Reynoldstown, Hermes Allen probably would have been a distant 2nd in the Scilly Isles but for his ill fated fall. So we’re talking about him very easily beating some decent/okay horses but not Grade 1 horses. I’d probably argue you could say similar about Gaelic Warrior over fences to be honest, that Arkle wasn’t up to much.

Participant
    • Total Posts 1766

He jumped almost the entire field at the water and appeared to be tanking along then went out like a light. There must be something to it he came to a halt too quick to say he didn’t stay.

"Life is timeless, days are long when you're young"

Participant
    • Total Posts 4466

Must be a physical issue, as that run was far too bad to be true.

Participant
    • Total Posts 31537
    LD73
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2949

It was his 1st race in 4 months and as a result he is now having to be given a holiday…….just goes to show how having plans built around only one particular race (French Gold Cup) in the season can blow up in your face.

Hopefully, this might deter them from aiming purely for that race (to the exclusion of everything else) again next season, a race which I personally think would have definitely exposed his stamina limitations.

Viewing 6 posts - 69 through 74 (of 74 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.