The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Hi Ho Hi Ho it’s Off to Epsom We Go

Home Forums Tipping and Research Daily Lays And Plays Hi Ho Hi Ho it’s Off to Epsom We Go

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    GDC
    • Total Posts 942

Newmarket offers an awesome card and some very goos bets but Goodwood gives me my largest bet of the day.

Having taken Fury 200, Dunaden 235, Ablaal and Hermival EW in 310 and Margot Did in 345 i very much like one at Goodwood.

The 250 sees LUI REI dropped in grade and with many of the field not liking softish ground everything points to a very big run.

6/1 BOG with 365 is very kind indeed :D

GDC
    • Total Posts 942

Get in you lil beauty, result was never in doubt from a long way out. 6s with a small Rule 4 is gratefully accepted!

Got to love watching these sprints and getting them right :-)

GDC
    • Total Posts 942

Well, after that win I shall play up some of the winnings in the 6f sprint at 350 tomorrow.

With many very good sprinters I am going to take a chance on an improver from a sprinting yard with a very capable young jockey aboard.

BERTIEWHITTLE ran some nice races last season and could be right to win FTO and at 20/1 he looks a very good EW bet 8)

GDC
    • Total Posts 942

Monday is without doubt my least favourite day for a bet BUT i think there are a couple of winners to be had:

James Given has got one well in for the 200 Redcar, will love the ground and this does not look that strong a race. No Dominion should be a very live one.

Then off we go to Royal Windsor and hopefully my fav trainer will provide Her Majesty with a winner!

Andrew Balding is getting his horses running very well now and despite a lot of his tonight running quickly after their last run, he is fully aware that they will all go up in the ratings tomorrow!

610 sees a royal winner with Bank Bonus who wont have to improve to win this!

710 sees TULLIUS moving up in grade after winning his handicap very well, should go well too.

740 will gice Shot in the Dark every chance of breaking his duck, Mr Balding knows the family well and he is one i am very much looking forward to tonight.

Finally the 810 looks an extremely competitive affair and despite the big yards turning up Cades Reef will again enjoy the ground and could end a very nice and hopefully profitable evening for the clan Blding.

Good luck all who play on this drab Monday 8)

Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 25462

The 7.10 at Windsor does brighten up a damp Monday. I think King Torus will take the race although is on the drift.

Member since March 2008
    Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 28423

7:10 Windsor does look an open, interesting contest Nathan.

Skilful

may well be able to dominate from the front. Other prominent runners took him on last time out, had nothing left in closing stages. When the ground is testing it’s hard to make ground up if they haven’t gone very fast early and that could be the case here.

Tullius

improved to win a good handicap last time. Form working out well, but this likely to be run very differently than Newmarket.
    Second there,

Memory Cloth

isn’t out of this either, although also likely to need a reasonable pace.

King Torus

can track pace and has gone out to a backable price. Recent gelding op could yet bring improvement / return to his best. Though he’s not entirely sure to go on soft ground.

I’ve backed Skilful with a saver on King Torus.

Value Is Everything
    Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 28423

Aarrgh!
    Skilful has more speed than the rest of that field, so why make it in to a test of stamina at the trip?

Sorry, pocket talk? :lol:

Value Is Everything
    rich1985
    • Total Posts 1220

I agree, poor ride from Buick, he hasn’t been at his best so far this season on all accounts, Gosden yet to really fire either.

GDC
    • Total Posts 942

Well Tullius was the only winner with a couple of the others looking like they ran again too quickly.

Nice performance from the Stoutey horse to beat HM’s, that one could be one to follow 8)

GDC
    • Total Posts 942

2 for me today, one from a yard i follow regularly and the other from a yard who provides some nice priced winners.

Firstly the 920 Kempton looks a tricky handicap but I have chanced the Clive Cox trained

Sadly due to the ground 2nd selection is now a NR.

Be lucky all 8)

rich1985
    • Total Posts 1220

I’d be concerned about the draw for Den’s Gift, stall 13 could be troublesome to get a good pitch, for that reason I would give SINFONICO a decent shout from a yard who were amongst the winners yesterday and is back down to a more realistic mark.

As for the rest of the card, I didn’t think BASSETERRE gave his true running on soft ground at Windsor last month and I think he could be a promising horse judging from his debut win – could be good value in a competitive race.

Looking at the Southwell card the Aviador race is very poor indeed, so good luck with that one! In the first a return to this track may rejuvenate ORIGINAL PRANKSTER, though is still 2lb higher than his last win, he could have a chance in this.

Bring on York tomorrow!

GDC
    • Total Posts 942

Rich: Yer agreed re the draw but that’s probably why he is 16s mate, your Sinfonico has been very well backed, best of luck mate.

Aviador NR, thought the ground was a bit too fast!

GDC
    • Total Posts 942

Obviously York races are always tricky BUT the 300 brings an even trickier contest than most! The market may well be upside down due to reputation rather than results!

Mayson is a grand horse and a proper battler, the type Mr Fahey always excels with. Society Rock is one of Skeletors fav horses within his yard but looked off colour at the back end of last season and may just need the run, if not he will go very close.

Hoof It on the other hand will go well fresh and hails from Mr York himself! However, surely the sticky ground could cause him problems!

Definightly without doubt has potential but is starting to look like a seconditus horse! But many said the same about Confessional and look what happened LTO there :D

Sirius Prospect must come back to his scintilating best at some stage but WHEN? I for one am happy to leave the 3yo alone this early so who does that leave for my bish bosh to be placed on?

Well there is one here who without doubt loves the ground as it all comes the same to him! he has comfortably beaten Mayson this season and we have seen what he has managed to achieve! He is trained by a very capable lady in Eve Johnson-Houghton and the strong pace (without doubt will be) should play right into his hands!!

:D

rich1985
    • Total Posts 1220

I’m with you there, I think The Cheka can prove a very good sprinter this season and the form of his victory LTO (beating Mayson who has since won) is strong. Furthermore I think the move back to 6f is wise and won’t mind this softer surface judging from his earlier days. He, Hoof It and Mayson are the three to concentrate on, but I think the winner will come from a high draw.

rich1985
    • Total Posts 1220

I’d be concerned about the draw for Den’s Gift, stall 13 could be troublesome to get a good pitch, for that reason I would give SINFONICO a decent shout from a yard who were amongst the winners yesterday and is back down to a more realistic mark.

As for the rest of the card, I didn’t think BASSETERRE gave his true running on soft ground at Windsor last month and I think he could be a promising horse judging from his debut win – could be good value in a competitive race.

Looking at the Southwell card the Aviador race is very poor indeed, so good luck with that one! In the first a return to this track may rejuvenate ORIGINAL PRANKSTER, though is still 2lb higher than his last win, he could have a chance in this.

Bring on York tomorrow!

Decent runs from both Sinfonico and Basseterre, the latter narrowly losing out by a short head, OP the only one to disappoint. Looking forward to tomorrow and hopefully The Cheka can oblige!

GDC
    • Total Posts 942

Rich: Nice shout with Sinfonico and you were right about the draw! Dens Gift used all his energy early to get over and that cost him, fading late on.

Fingers crossed for the Cheka but there has been loads of money for Hoof It, that’s generally a very good sign for this yard here!! 8)

GDC
    • Total Posts 942

Big gamble going down on HOOF IT!

I have also placed a win trixie and EW treble on the following:

130:

200: A horse to follow this season is

335:

All will enjoy the ground and hopefully run well 8)

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.