The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Greatwood Hurdle 2020

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Greatwood Hurdle 2020

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 16445

Market up…..

https://www.oddschecker.com/horse-racing/ante-post-racing/national-hunt/greatwood-hurdle/winner

Certainly no early bet for me here, definitely waiting on the entries first.

No strong view then, but I suppose last years winner Harambe is interesting at 20’s, while stablemate Midnights Gift could be a dark one.

Bit of a loud one this, but Ex Mullins inmate, Bonbon Au Miel, now with Sophie Leech, ran very well at Nantes yesterday, and I wouldn’t be surprised to see him head here.

Those are just very early thoughts, and definitely a race to wait for the initial entries.

TakeYourTime
    Participant
    • Total Posts 126

The market hasn’t missed him but the one I had in mind before the odds went up was Edwardstone. Alan King has a strong recent record in the race and Edwardstone looks tailor-made for a 2 mile, fast paced handicap. I’d be happy with 10/1 for him.

I backed Harambe last year :yahoo: and i don’t think an 8lb rise rules him out of this but i do think Edwardstone is better treated and perhaps has more potential.

Of the others, I really like Milkwood but he needs decent ground, although he does have the benefit of race fitness.

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3774

Elixir d’Ainay is probably well enough handicapped but I don’t know if he is going chasing or what other JP horses would likely go here.

jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3014

I think he’s to go chasing. Why do you mention him for this though, has it been said he’s a possible?

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3774

No, haven’t heard anything at all, I just thought he was probably well handicapped, the form of his first 2 runs last season looking respectable, then racing too keen over further at the DRF, then running a nice race in the Supreme before he got skittled. Looks like a strongly run 2m suits and he copes with the course. Trainer doesn’t usually send much over early on but in those colours perhaps would.

Of course if going chasing then if he can’t cut it at top level he could have the option of going back over hurdles for the County or Coral come March.

jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3014

I reckon he’s potentially a dark one for the Arkle, but i’d want to see him entered up first.

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

TakeYourTime
    Participant
    • Total Posts 126

I was happy to see Alan King confirm in his RP stable tour that Edwardstone is on track for this. Yet to be decided if he’ll have a pipe opener beforehand or not. Personally i would prefer it if he did but i’ll be backing him either way. Already taken the 10s.

buckers
    Participant
    • Total Posts 574

No bet for me right now, but I’m quite interested in Not So Sleepy at 14-1.

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 16445

Expecting the entries for this midweek.

Very interesting run from Mohaayed today at Aintree, and although that race confirms Skeltons comments that he’ll be stepping up in trip, do think the current 33’s is huge.

I’m still very keen on Alan King’s Harambe, and he’s obviously got the favourite too, but he’s got another one who I could see getting an entry, Lord Lamington. Looked decent last year, and he’ll be fit from the flat. I think he’s not without hope here, and I’m hoping to see him in the entries.

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 16445
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 16445

Not really grabbed by anything right now.

I still like Harambe at 25’s, while Tudor City catches the eye at 40’s, but I’ll hold fire just now.

Gladiateur
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1382

Sceau Royal heavily backed for this today; could he be the stable first string?

Looking at the long-range weather forecast, there isn’t that much rain forecast so the ground could well be in his favour.

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2696

I’m surprised he only got 5lbs for that win

And second run after a wind op could be more to come

Can certainly see the angle with him

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 16445

Going to stick with Harambe here, think he’ll put up a good show for a repeat vid, and just might find one or two too good. I reckon I’d be as well waiting now till Final Decs.

I’m surprised that Main Fact hasn’t got more attention. It’s probably a bit lazy to say that the yard target this meeting, the stats might suggest otherwise, but nonetheless, I’m sure they target plenty for here specifically. Main Fact is a bit of a winning machine, and I think the 7’s is about right. I’ll try to wait for Final Decs with him, but the 7’s is very tempting for a horse who I think is still on an upward curve.

Main Fact
    Harambe

Silver Spoon
    Participant
    • Total Posts 116

Sir Psycho for me at 25-1 ew

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.