The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Grand National 2010

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Grand National 2010

Viewing 17 posts - 630 through 646 (of 896 total)
  • Author
    Fryern
    • Total Posts 175

AP said on C4 TV that he did not need to decide until 2 days before the race and he had a choice of 4, if that helps.

If you want to bet on him Skybet go 14-1 for him to win.

http://www.skybet.com/skybet?action=GoE … seracing_2

Now that looks a fair bet to me as whatever he rides won’t be 14-1 imo.

I for one would love to see him win, he has given me so much pleasure.

• Total Posts 2184

Has anything been said about Madison De Berlais participation?

Could Notre Pere run if it comes up soft?

All we’ve heard from Pipe is that they are unsure whether to go for the national or the race he won last year on the Thursday…

I reckon Notre Pere’s running regardless of the ground. It’s been his target pretty much all season

He’s still in at Fairyhouse next Monday and it looks like the ground will suit given the current weather we’re getting.

Participant
    • Total Posts 32903

I see Notre Pere is quite a bit bigger on the exchanges than bookmakers for the Aintree race. So I’d expect him to go elsewhere.

It will be difficult for connections of Madison De Berlais to ignore the Scottish National. With so many in the long handicap (out of the weights), he’d have a much better chance in that. With the bonus of carrying 10stone 1lb, instead of 11st 10lbs.

If those two do go for other prizes, Mon Mome will carry top weight. Hopefully.

Value Is Everything
    • Total Posts 4293

Does anyone think Conna Castle is a good EW bet at 100/1?

So far I have Arbor Supreme EW at 20/1s, Snowy Morning EW at 22/1, Whinstone Boy EW at 33/1 and two winners chosen – Comply or Die and Vic Venturi.

I worked on the assumption last year that he didn’t stay 3 miles in the Racing Post Chase.

TheOneAndOnlyTonyMcCoy
    • Total Posts 202

My Current Bet is:

Arbor Supreme at 80/1 on betfair.

Surely there is no value in Big Fella Thanks at 8/1? Had 39 other rivals to face, yes half of them are dogs, but surely 8/1 is way to short!

An interesting entry is: Backstage

The way he won at Ffos Las on their opening day, jumping like a stag, he was breathaking and won by 10l. G Elliot has won the GN before. With 11st on his back, i can see him running well at a nice 20/1

We shall see closer the time anyway :)

Participant
    • Total Posts 1704

It will be difficult for connections of Madison De Berlais to ignore the Scottish National. With so many in the long handicap (out of the weights), he’d have a much better chance in that. With the bonus of carrying 10stone 1lb, instead of 11st 10lbs.

Apparently they’re leaning towards the National…

• Total Posts 4293

Yes, it is difficult for them to contemplate the Scottish on the assumption of Denman’s participation. Denman pulls out, then you’re left lumbering topweight. Got topweight in GN as well though.

Participant
    • Total Posts 650

Would have thought Betfair Bowl was an obvious target for MDB – what else is going there?

Segal picked Backstage but I really can’t see anything in the formbook that suggests he has the quality to win a National off 11st. Especially if it’s on the soft side.

Conna Castle would surely not stay if he started tomorrow.

Whinstone Boy looks interesting if he gets in. I do think the Thyestes provides the right sort of experience for the National.

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9289

I’ll believe that Denman is running in the Scottish National on the day; boy who cried wolf too many times imo when it comes to running in Nationals. As for Whinstone Boy, I’m very tempted to have a bet on him, especially with the forecast rain. Fine stamp of a horse he looks.

Participant
    • Total Posts 1704

This rain is likely to scare off a few runners. Whinstone Boy could just make the cut…

halfwaytoheaven
    • Total Posts 1387

This rain is likely to scare off a few runners. Whinstone Boy could just make the cut…

Whinstone Boy will make the cut.

Chief Dan George will be the last in

• Total Posts 201

Would have thought Betfair Bowl was an obvious target for MDB – what else is going there?

Segal picked Backstage but I really can’t see anything in the formbook that suggests he has the quality to win a National off 11st. Especially if it’s on the soft side.

D Pipe is very much hinting that the National is the target for MDB.

I’m with you on BACKSTAGE. Can’t have him for a number of reasons and as you say he does not strike me as having the quality to win a National. The trainer being a previous winner and making bullish noises about his horse is keeping the price down.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Does anyone know if Lennon will be running in the National?

You guys seem to know your stuff.

Dubacilla
    Participant
    • Total Posts 22

Think Lennon is intended, but could he perhaps be taken out if Abbeybraney ends up as 1st reserve after the 48 hour decs..?

Dubacilla
    Participant
    • Total Posts 22

Think Whinestone Boy will struggle to get in now.
    Pipe has all but confirmed his no hopers like Pablo du Charmil and Piraya. Will Mullins follow suit with his non-stayers Deutschland and Dooneys Gate? Will NTD run all seven still?

Would like to see Silver Birch and Abbeybraney get in, but even this is looking slightly doubtful now as everything seems to be going for the race.

Participant
    • Total Posts 1704

Think Whinestone Boy will struggle to get in now.
    Pipe has all but confirmed his no hopers like Pablo du Charmil and Piraya. Will Mullins follow suit with his non-stayers Deutschland and Dooneys Gate? Will NTD run all seven still?

Would like to see Silver Birch and Abbeybraney get in, but even this is looking slightly doubtful now as everything seems to be going for the race.

My exact thoughts, however like i said before; some trainers/owners simply will not run their entries on worse than soft ground, so we may lose a few because of the ground…

Participant
    • Total Posts 2232

chelsea harbour ruled out after set back

vf

Viewing 17 posts - 630 through 646 (of 896 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.