The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Golden Jubilee 2009

Home Forums Archive Topics Royal Ascot Archive Royal Ascot 2014 Golden Jubilee 2009

Viewing 17 posts - 137 through 153 (of 175 total)
  • Author
    • Total Posts 629

Cheers! :D

I had hoped to see a shot of him downing a pint of the black stuff! :wink:

You never know G – these trainers have a habit of changing their minds…

• Total Posts 629

Looks like they’re giving him the chance to go for both – thought that the GJ was given as his likely target last time out?! :o

King’s Stand confirmed as Kingsgate Native aim

BY TOM KERR 11:53AM 8 JUN 2010

SIR MICHAEL STOUTE on Tuesday confirmed Kingsgate Native will line up in the King’s Stand Stakes, for which he is a general 6-1 chance, on the opening day of Royal Ascot.

The 5f Group 1 was identified by bookmakers and punters as the likely engagement for the Cheveley Park Stud-owned sprinter after his victory in a strong renewal of the Betfred.com Temple Stakes, which included Equiano and Borderlescott, last month.

Speaking to At The Races, Sir Michael Stoute said: "Kingsgate Native has got some important work coming up and will go for the King’s Stand on Tuesday."

Kingsgate Native also holds an entry for next Saturday’s Golden Jubilee Stakes and is as short as 8-1 for that event with some bookmakers, although connections said after the Temple Stakes that he was unlikely to run in both races.

In 2008 Kingsgate Native contested the King’s Stand Stakes, finishing tenth, before winning the Golden Jubilee Stakes four days later as an unfancied 33-1 shot.

• Total Posts 629

I suppose looking at it – the first sprint does look a much weaker affair!

Participant
    • Total Posts 443

Kingsgate Native should go for the Kings Stand, theres always an option to go for the GJ if he comes out ok.

Starspangledbanner is the one for me. I’m aware of O’Briens dip in form but that could just be the horses ability this year. Fame and Glory seems to have nothing wrong with him and I fancy Starspangledbanner will go well after his first run for the yard. Australian sprint form must be given creedence and Starspangledbanner with time to settle and a run should be the pick.

I just hope I don’t have to type his bloody name too often :lol:

del_boy
    • Total Posts 386

just out of question, does anyone know when the horse "our jonathan" is next running, and why it has been pulled out of entrys for the kings stand and the golden jubilee??

• Total Posts 4293

Varenar running adds a bit of class to the race.

• Total Posts 629

Looks to be a good race…

Let’s hope that they are all in tip top condition… :wink:

Surprised no one has mentioned the Hong Kong er’s too? :o

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7872

Any news on Main Aim being in this race i got 33/1 for him to win.Hope he is in this race

Participant
    • Total Posts 1661

Kinsale King’s final preparation is going well (with his trainer as exercise rider!)
    http://www.racingpost.com/news/horse-ra … 50/latest/

I’m sure you’ve all read his rags-to-riches story in the various UK newspapers. It would be great for racing if Kinsale King can pull out a win on Saturday.

• Total Posts 629

Is it a worry that ‘Kinsale King’ has not won over further than 6f? – (As far as I can see on the RP database)
    As Ascot is a stiff 6f more like 6 & 1/2 furlongs…

Not doubting his ability – his form from Dubai – ‘Rocket Man’ & ‘One World’ is top notch…

From the rag yesterday…

Paul Roy (owner) on ‘Fleeting Spirit’ :

"Fleeting Spirit is better over six as she showed when winning the July Cup last year.
    I think waiting the extra few days is a good decision.
    Frankie Dettori will be free to ride her on Saturday.

Both top rated within a point on RPR’s with form links to ‘Dancing In Silks’…

• Total Posts 629

Wow! – What a race! :D

Who’ll pay 5 the place?! :lol:

See Frankie has ship jumped! (kind of) – He was all but with the filly for a fleeting moment wasn’t he?! :shock:

andymc45
    • Total Posts 4

I think Fleeting Spirit is a brilliant price. She was top class over 5f and she seems to be better over 6f. She has got a good draw and I think she can go very close

Participant
    • Total Posts 4691

I’ve plumped for Total Gallery and Sayif. King’s Stand runners have an exceptional record in the Jubilee over the past 7 years. Cannonball 2nd last year, Cape of Good Hope 3rd, Takeover Target 2nd and 4 winners. 50/1’s a stupid price for a horse who won the big 5f sprint of last year.

I’ll kick myself for years if I don’t back Sayif. CD winner when winning impressively in the Diadem and made him my nap of the day when running in the Duke of York last month. Ground’s perfect for him and 40/1 is a very stupid price.

Obviously done a £1 reverse exacta too ;)

Swifto
    • Total Posts 16

If Fleeting Spirit runs her usual cracking race, she will win this. She’s mroe suited to 6f than 5f. How can anyone right off the July Cup winner?

I’m £100 ew at 10/1 on this little rocket!

My bet of the meeting was CC in the st. James. This is my second tip of the meeting people!

Participant
    • Total Posts 1661

Surprised to see the King hovering around 10/1 after winning 4 in a row and working up a storm. He’s been galloping on a similar course in Maryland, so I don’t doubt that he can deal with Ascot.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

I am looking at spending £100 max on this race,

Society Rock – Put up a fantastic time at Ascot, will love the way the race is run and more to come, £41 @ 75

Varenaar – Ranks best on my figures for Prix Foret win, and this race suits a 7f type. £58 @ 46

emian
    • Total Posts 114

Showcasing ***** 88
    Kinsale King *** 72
    Fleeting Spirit **68

Viewing 17 posts - 137 through 153 (of 175 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.