The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Golden Jubilee 2009

Home Forums Archive Topics Royal Ascot Archive Royal Ascot 2014 Golden Jubilee 2009

Viewing 17 posts - 120 through 136 (of 175 total)
  • Author
    • Total Posts 629

Hey G-Man nice music vid in the lounge… :wink:

The ‘Rocket’ is maybe a lay (if you do such things) for a few reasons even if he did come over…

His connections are waiting to see who will be likely to turn up…at Ascot & how he runs next time out…

The trends speak loud on this race…is it poss that the best hope could be home here – already – suited by breeding and past form…

I wonder?! :D

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Don’t knock Alverta she’s a lovely girl. :evil:

I shall pass on your collective thoughts to connections. :P

Soldiers Tale. Now wasn’t that a lovely result. Definitely a case of right horse, right place, right time. :D

Shouldn’t Nicconi be on a King’s Stand thread so punters don’t get confused?

I wish a decent 3yo sprinter would be immediately targetted for the KS/Golden Jubilee/JC instead of the Guineas for once. Oh for the days of Oasis Dream.

• Total Posts 4293

That sort of happened last year, when after the Free H’cap, the jockey of Art Connoisseur told the trainer that the horse was a sprinter.

Participant
    • Total Posts 1661

Noble’s Promise to Skip Preakness; Ascot Next
    by Steve Haskin
    Date Posted: 5/7/2010 2:37:48 PM
    Last Updated: 5/7/2010 2:43:12 PM

Chasing Dreams Racing’s Noble’s Promise, fifth in the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I), will pass the May 15 Preakness Stakes (gr. I) and will point instead for the one-mile St. James’s Palace Stakes (Eng-I) at Royal Ascot.

“The horse is fine, but I felt he needed more time,” trainer Kenny McPeek said. “He came out of the Derby a touch dehydrated; on a scale of one to 10, he was probably a one or two. I’m just not convinced he wants to go that far. Up to a mile there isn’t a 3-year-old in America who can hang with him.

“Unfortunately, there are no 3-year-old mile grade I stakes in this country. The timing is good for the St. James’s Palace and he’s already nominated. We had to scramble to get him ready for the Derby anyway, and he did good. I could have run him in the Preakness if I wanted to, but I felt I was pressing the issue, and if the dehydration got worse it would set him back for several months.”

The St. James’s Palace will be run June 15, the first day of the five-day Royal Ascot meeting. Last year’s winner was Mastercraftsman and in 2008 the race was won by Henrythenavigator .

McPeek said, after the St. James’s Palace, they’re looking at the nine-furlong Haskell Invitational (gr. I).

“You know me, I’m a bit unconventional anyway,” McPeek said. “One of our motives is that with the weakening of the American dollar their purses are actually up for us. When you find a grade I, you hunt it down, and the partners are going to have an opportunity to meet The Queen, so it’s a once in a lifetime trip. And most important, the horse could very well win the race. He’s going to train right-handed on my course on my farm in Lexington. He’ll have a speed work, most likely at Keeneland on the synthetic or possibly Churchill, and then we can continue the repetition of him training right-handed and hitting his leads. And we’ll train him up a hill as well.”

Noble’s Promise, a $10,000 yearling purchase, captured the grade I Dixiana Breeders’ Futurity at Keeneland last fall and has placed in the Grey Goose Breeders’ Cup Juvenile (gr. I), CashCall Futurity (gr. I), and Rebel Stakes (gr. II).

Also, Kinsale King is training over the Maryland turf in preparation for the Golden Jubilee, and doing very well. Wesley Ward is also pointing a few more 2yos to Ascot after his success last year.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

I saw a 2yo thoroughbred race over 2f the other night from the US. No wonder Mr Ward has his team flying from the machine by the time they get to Ascot.

• Total Posts 629

Fred Crabbia – owner of ‘Rocket Man’ :

“The KrisFlyer is now his main objective. We’ve been talking about Royal Ascot and Hong Kong after that, and Pat and myself

8) :wink:

• Total Posts 4293

Probably had a premature bet on Showcasing @ 20.

Looking quite nice. Only £10 though.

• Total Posts 629

One of your July Cup hopes – seems to be doing well at the mo…

Why wait ’till then when you can get on this weekend?! :D

Eagle Falls (AUS) – David Hayes

Gallop over 1000m on grass with travelling foreman Lizzy Jelfs up. Last 600m in 36 seconds and last 200m in 11.7 seconds.

“He seems good. He settled very well in Dubai and seems to have settled here very well too,” said trainer David Hayes who arrived on Tuesday.

“He did a gallop and breezed over 1000m on grass and sprinted up within the last 400m.

“He did pretty well and everything’s spot-on. I will get him to do 14 to the furlong tomorrow and some light work on Friday and that will be that.”

Hayes is hoping for better luck in the running than in the Dubai Golden Shaheen in which Eagle Falls ran fifth to Kinsale King. Rocket Man ran a half-length second after dropping back further away than he normally races.

“If Rocket Man was unlucky, Eagle Falls was very unlucky. I had someone who took the sectional times and he told me he ran the

“I’ve had a few runners in the International races here before such as Vroom Vroom, Ain’t Here, Charming City. North Boy won the KrisFlyer for us in 2002 but he wasn’t trained by me then as I was in Hong Kong.

• Total Posts 629

Rocket Man has now established the very enviable record of nine wins and two seconds in international races from 11 starts for prizemoney close to $1.8 million.

• Total Posts 629

Rocket Man has now established the very enviable record of nine wins and three seconds in international races from 12 starts .

That was the key – In ‘International Races’! :lol:

Looking back at that race ‘Gold Trail’ ran a real big one that day…

as the reports beforehand had said that he had a very bad prep – lost weight due to nerves and worry…

• Total Posts 629

This thread has gone a little quiet…

It’s not a race for Favs! :lol:
    Those that back up and run twice have a decent record…

So is the winner within this lot?! :?:

Alfred Noble
    Equiano
    Fleeting Spirit
    Gold Trail
    Kingsgate Native
    Marchand D’or
    Nicconi
    Starspangledbanner
    Total Gallery
    Tripple Asset

Edit – ‘West Ocean’ & ‘Overdose’ – removed from list of double entrants!

Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3176

West Ocean’s out Zen – Pletcher confirmed today that her last gallop didn’t satisfy him.

• Total Posts 629

Cheers M – I see it went big yesterday…

Pity it’s form with one looked ok!

Was just putting up the list of doubled up entries…that go with the stat…

Know they aren’t all meant to go twice – or so they say! :wink:

The winner may well not double up – just trying to stimulate discussion! :D

(typo)

• Total Posts 4293

I’ve had a small bet on Marchand D’Or for the King’s Stand. He might as well go for that instead of the GJ, as the Draw seems to have less of an effect.

• Total Posts 629

Hey G – You know that he runs tomoz – races bit close?

Trainer said…he might stay a home this time around p17 – I think?

• Total Posts 4293

Oh well. Another fiver down the tubes.

Participant
    • Total Posts 1661

Kinsale King is briefly staying at Belmont Park before he heads overseas. He looks like he’s quite a character!
    http://finalturngallery.com/g2/main.php … eKing_002/

Viewing 17 posts - 120 through 136 (of 175 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.