The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Golden Jubilee 2009

Home Forums Archive Topics Royal Ascot Archive Royal Ascot 2014 Golden Jubilee 2009

Viewing 17 posts - 103 through 119 (of 175 total)
  • Author
    • Total Posts 4293

Based on last year and this, looks like we search for Guineas rejects.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Based on last year and this, looks like we search for Guineas rejects.

Absolutely Gerald,

Awzaan

has July Cup written all over him! :wink:

• Total Posts 403

The July Cup is reportedly the early season aim for Denman Gerald.

This nag should be made to change his name before being allowed to race over here.

• Total Posts 4293

Gosh, I must have been homeless and sleeping rough, because I don’t remember Soldier’s Tale winning this in 2007.

• Total Posts 629

Visored 1st time! I remember all too well… :wink:

JN loved that one – did good to get him back on track – and to get that win…even got the cut in the ground that he needed! Talk about things falling into place for you… :o

• Total Posts 4293

Ahh, we have a winner I see.

Alverta

is the kind of horse I hate. She’s mainly been G3/Listed class, but won a G1 lto. To further complicate matters, she has been scratched this weekend because of either poor blood or scoping badly, wasn’t paying attention. However was scratched so as not to compromise Royal Ascot trip.

I’m going to ignore her.

Does anyone know the plans for

Rocket Man

? I can probably find them out myself, but it all takes time.

• Total Posts 4293

July Cup

This is something that mystified me at the turn of the year. Someone at the Racing Post nominated Showcasing for the July Cup as one of their 5 bets of the year.

How the hell does one work out that a horse is more suited for the July Cup, rather than the Golden Jubilee???

At the time, and still now, I thought it makes sense to work out a horse for the Golden Jubilee, but the July Cup is too difficult because horses might not have recovered in time.

• Total Posts 629

Next ‘Rocket’ launch is very soon…next hour or so!

The Group 1 $500,000 Lion City Cup over 1200m on April 24 and the Group 1 $1 million KrisFlyer International Sprint over 1200m on May 16.

• Total Posts 629

He won! :shock:

Never headed… in – Win Time:1:09.18 – Track: Yielding

Margin 2.30L – WAIKATO

• Total Posts 629
    • Total Posts 4293

Probably had a premature bet on Showcasing @ 20.

However, also had a bet I’m quite proud of. Steinbeck is supposedly Ballydoyle’s best 3yo miler, so I took the 16 available at Betfair for the St James’s Palace (only £6 available though).

Just laid off £5 @ 5.5 Steinbeck for the SJP. Effectively, my bet is now £1 @ 66!

• Total Posts 4293

Hannon says that Canford Cliffs goes for the St James’s Palace.

• Total Posts 197

The Australian contingent will involve Nicconi (only back him in the King’s Stand, he has won at 1400m but he is an 1000m horse), Alverta (won’t be up to it IMO), Gold Trail (a bit of an enigma, on his best form could win) and Eagle Falls (the progressive of the four).

Seriously, forget Alverta. Gerald, she was scratched only because he wants her fresh in Britain.

But she is not a sprinter!

She did run Takeover Target to a nose one day, when TT carried 7.5kg more on a heavy track.

But IMO she ain’t up to it.

Nicconi for the King’s Stand, Eagle Falls for the Golden Jubilee, Starspangledbanner for the Queen Anne, Denman for the July Cup.

Also, Gerald – Rocket Man will most likely spell after the Krisflyer to focus on an international campaign in the latter half of the year taking in the Manikato Stakes or the Patinack Farm Classic in Australia, the Sprinters Stakes in Japan and the Hong Kong Sprint.

• Total Posts 4293

Don’t worry about me Andy. I had already forgotten about Alverta. I have been meaning to make Nicconi in the King’s Stand my biggest bet of the year, and it is reassuring to know that Rocket Man will likely not be there!

• Total Posts 4293

Lanfranco has got the Nicconi job. No matter how much I love Dettori, there is no way I’m having the biggest bet of my life when the jockey is riding the horse for the first time.

However, if I pile on £20-50 per week, then may be it will accidentally become my biggest ever bet.

Adrian
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1041

Gerald, I’d suggest that Frankie on Nicconi will be a positive as I believe it is more important for the jockey to know the track then the horse ie Johnny Murtagh sitting on Choisir for the first time when he won the King’s Stand Stakes..

Gold Trail, Eagle Falls and the Hong Kong raiders – Joy and Fun and Happy Zero – meet first in the Krisflyer at Kranji on 16th May before shipping on to England.

Eagle Falls isn’t in the RA races but could be nominated for July Cup.

• Total Posts 4293

Eagle Falls for the Wokingham! Yeah, I’d luv it! :lol:

You’re the man with the silver tongue, Adrian. Make it so.

Viewing 17 posts - 103 through 119 (of 175 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.