The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Golden Jubilee 2009

Home Forums Archive Topics Royal Ascot Archive Royal Ascot 2014 Golden Jubilee 2009

Viewing 17 posts - 18 through 34 (of 175 total)
  • Author
    halfwaytoheaven
    • Total Posts 1387

I’m not ashamed to say I’ve already taken a small £5 bet on Art Conisseur at 40/1. Michael Bell’s decision to revert him back to sprinting added to the gallop reports make this a very interesting bet.

Dont be ashamed Halfway,the penny will drop with him and when it does
    Whoosh! I would have liked to see Hayley ride this fellow, she would coax
    the undoubted talent that he"s been keeping to himself!!

Of course you guys are ignoring the fact that Michael Bell doesn’t fancy him one bit and wouldn’t let him within a mile of this race if he could find something else for him.

I guess you must have missed that article. :?

Yes Fist I did miss the article but you cant blame me for taking a liking for a horse who looks extremley overpriced if he does happen to reproduce anything like the Coventry run or even the Curragh run for that matter. :lol:

He’s no 40/1 shot thats for sure.

halfwaytoheaven
    • Total Posts 1387

Utmost Respect is now officialy a Group 1 winner over 6 furlong.

Won off a whopping 10st at the Curragh beating Jumbajukiba by 2 and three quarter lengths.

If theres cut in the ground he must have a fantastic chance at Ascot?

Participant
    • Total Posts 91

Should Scenic Blast arrive safe and well in your neck of the woods, he’ll win with something to spare.

wit
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2171

Should Scenic Blast arrive safe and well in your neck of the woods, he’ll win with something to spare.

Scenic Blast still a few points behind Sacred Kingdom on the latest world rankings:

http://www.horseracingintfed.com/resour … 17_WTR.asp

http://racing.scmp.com/freeservice/news … 90525b.asp

• Total Posts 1688

Scenic Blast is an unlikely runner in the Golden Jubilee, unless he strolls in the King’s Stand.

I’m not going to judge if you know the European horses or not Tourbillon, but I would not be so dismissive of them.

carvillshill
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2778

Exciting news today that Sacred Kingdom is to be supplemented and has gone into quarantine. Hills 7/1 looks big to me, I’ve had some of that as he’s a grade above my ante-post poke King’s Apostle.

• Total Posts 1537

Exciting news today that Sacred Kingdom is to be supplemented and has gone into quarantine. Hills 7/1 looks big to me, I’ve had some of that as he’s a grade above my ante-post poke King’s Apostle.

I took some of the 7s this morning. I thought i done well spotting the odds, but the gits still have it @ 7s so i dunno, i guess it is what it is at the minute.

• Total Posts 1688

I wonder how he’ll cope with the long flight one, and the undulations of the Ascot straight two.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Of course you guys are ignoring the fact that Michael Bell doesn’t fancy him one bit and wouldn’t let him within a mile of this race if he could find something else for him.

I guess you must have missed that article. :?

Thats right Fist, Michael Bell is a Trainer of racehorses and he places his horses well, we all know the stable thought Arty would be a Guineas horse, unfortunately he isn"t! Plan B he showed last year he has what it takes to be a Top sprinter! Where would you run him then oh wise one?

The horse has potential yes but he’s done nothing that would suggest he is anywhere near ready for the Golden Jubilee. He did beat Intense Focus but he is a very in and out charachter and Mastercraftsman who we know to be a miler destroyed him at his own game. I would suggest he has avery long way to go before a Jubilee will be coming his way.

Michael Bell has made it clear there is nothing for 3yo sprinters before the Jubilee so that’s where he will run. Apparantly any races he ran in beforehand would lumber him up with a 7lb penalty and make it very diffiucult later in the season.

MB is a realist and believes he’s not yet ready to be taking on these sprinters, but the lack of opportunities around for 3yo leave him little choice.

It would seem you rate him higher than his trainer does but it’s your money. I hope that answers your question.

• Total Posts 4293

A little bit inconsistent from Bell, because if Art Connoisseur wins the Golden Jubilee, that will lumber him with a penalty in G2 and G3 races as well.

I found it weird after the European Free H’cap that he took the jockey’s word that the horse was a sprinter. I think he went for the big gap on the stands side rail, but other horses moved over there as well, so he ended up going up the other horses arses. I can’t see that running in the Guineas would have done too much harm, when the Golden Jubilee is 7 weeks later.

I don’t really see what is wrong with 3yos running in the Palace House and the Temple pre RA.

There is a 3yo Listed race at Ascot, which I never remember the name of, the Pavilion Stakes (looked it up). This could be bumped up in prize money, turned into a Group race, and given a more colourful name such as the Speedball Stakes. However, the way the European Pattern works, if this went up in status, another race would have to go down in status.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

If he was good enough to win the Golden Jubilee (Group 1) what would that do for his future stud value? .

I doubt if he’d be too concerned about future penalties in Group 2 and 3’s.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

What Art Connoisseur did to Intense Focus Group 1 (Dewhurst winner)
    and Lord shanakil 2nd in Dewhurst,over the Golden Jubilees 6f would put
    him in with the Big boys at sprinting! Mr Bell is well aware of that, he is also aware that Arty has still to reproduce that form, but at 40/1 i am prepared to take a chance that suitable conditions could reignite the Spark!

marbine
    Participant
    • Total Posts 77

Scenic Blast still a few points behind Sacred Kingdom on the latest world rankings:

http://www.horseracingintfed.com/resour … 17_WTR.asp

http://racing.scmp.com/freeservice/news … 90525b.asp

Whilst I’m not as confident as Matt, I don’t put that much credence into the ratings when a horse like Scenic Blast is yet to race against the top international sprinters. Australian racing is dissed big time by the raters until the said horse races internationally. I’m sure that Choicir wasn’t rated highly when he won the King Stand though he blew a quality field away (coming down the wrong side of the straight track by himself) in the G1 Lightning Stakes at Flemington. His rating, internationally, didn’t improve till he won the G2 (as it was) King Stand Stakes..huh?

I’m certainly not dissing the Euros, always hard to beat on home turf and some quality performers, Kingsgate Native is a favourite of mine as was old Red Clubs. I will have to aquaint myself with the form of many listed on this thread but as far as I’m concerned, all things being equal, Sacred Kingdom is the yard stick. TT is too old now, won’t disgrace himself but better chance in the King Stand.

Scenic Blast is interesting, especially for the King Stand. If the pace is hot up front – watch out! Youtube his Lightning & Newmarket Stakes wins. On his form & ability alone he is a great EW chance in anything he contests.

• Total Posts 2440

A good performance from J J The Jet Plane yesterday at Windsor, who should also come on for the run.

5/1 looks a bit short though.

carvillshill
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2778

I wonder how he’ll cope with the long flight one, and the undulations of the Ascot straight two.

What undulations?

RedRiot
    • Total Posts 870

Luca Cumani’s Greek Horse will come on for his run at Haydock and I think he is still hugely priced.

Think I will take a punt at that.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7872

J J The Jet Plane will win i got 8/1 for the horse.

Viewing 17 posts - 18 through 34 (of 175 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.