The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Godolphin Fantasy League Starts Thursday 21st January

Home Forums Racing Competitions Godolphin Fantasy League Starts Thursday 21st January

Viewing 17 posts - 205 through 221 (of 235 total)
  • Author
    silent assassins
    Participant
    • Total Posts 515

Thanks jac I needed it

Participant
    • Total Posts 16972

Super Saturday Results
    Saturday 6th March..
    Sorry everyone I deleted this page whilst trying to edit in the final scores :wacko: Jac

Final results of our competition are now in and updated.
    :good:

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    Participant
    • Total Posts 32178

Jac,
    Well done in getting on to page 2 of the overall leaderboard
    just 91 places to leap frog into the 1st position for you
    I’d love to know how many above you have no swaps left.

Blackbeard to conquer the World

Steve75
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1915

Thanks.

John Gooch
    Participant
    • Total Posts 833

Hello to everyone again

Having seen the latest news on our league I have to admit to feeling much better
    about my own position. Well done and congratulations to Jac, BigG and all of you
    who are above me. When you are playing against such good opponents you begin to
    understand the need to improve to be top of the table.

However I have enjoyed the last 3 months or so on a number of different levels
    and maybe this year Godolphin will have a competition for world wide racing, which
    I think they have done before this awful pandemic changed the world.

Once again stay well
    John :good:

Participant
    • Total Posts 2202

Well done to everyone getting some nice scores & especially Jac who’s nicely placed overall – very impressive! Thanks also for keeping tabs on our scores and encouraging us all so well.

Participant
    • Total Posts 16972

Thanks Nathan, John and Andre I can’t quite believe I got all those points this week was almost convinced I’d got Walton Street and Dubai Future the wrong way around but Walton Street made it look so easy.

John I’m so pleased this has helped you to get through the Pandemic and know you were yourself unwell for a time.Do hope you are on the mend now. I remember the worldwide Godolphin challenge and like you hope it returns..be assured if it does you will all be first to know.

Anyway we have 3 weeks to ponder how best to win points and move up the Leaderboard. Will be interesting how many Godolphin horses will run that night I know Space Blues is one, possibly Zakouski, Gifts of Gold and Final Song, Walton Street, Lazuli and lots more.
    What a night it will be.
    See you there..
    :bye:

Thanks for your points update Steve and best of luck. :good:

Participant
    • Total Posts 533

Thanks for your efforts Jac, maybe I didn’t take it too seriously early on. Know nothing about flat racing so just did a lucky dip and let it roll to begin with and did all my swaps in one hit a couple of weeks back and along with a few bonus points last weekend managed to improve my points total a bit.

Not really sure what’s happening, do we just wait for three weeks now or is there something later this week ?

Participant
    • Total Posts 13253

Hi DG, I can give a little update, I’m sure Jac will be along in a bit. The
    competition finishes in 3 weeks, Saturday 27th March, and there are no race
    days until then. Having been doing this one for a couple of years I think the
    trick is to wait until shortly before the 1st Thursday of the competition, see
    what’s running and make your stable up from the available runners, rather than
    picking a lucky dip. Pick your best 10m from them and pay particular attention
    to the listed and particularly the Group races, where the big points are. If
    there aren’t 10 runners that week just pick all Godolphin runners and then fill
    in any others you want. There’s only 8 race days and five swaps, so you only have
    2 race days where you need to just go with what you have, on all other days always
    use your 10 swaps to give you the best chance and being top heavy in the highest
    rated races probably makes sense. I don’t know if you spotted it, but Tonge threw
    in one that I hadn’t thought of. You can go 3 weeks without changing stable, leaving
    2 swaps for the final carnival day. You could load up with all Godolphin horses in
    the 1st few races, you’d have to miss 1 race because of the 40 min rule, and then
    have a 2nd 10 in the remaining races. It could work but there would need to be a lot
    of Godolphin horses running on the last day.

I’m sure it will be back again next year, so you will be fully versed up and raring
    to go :good:

Participant
    • Total Posts 16972

Thanks Graham :good: You’ve just explained the game perfectly to DG.
    I think it took all of us seasoned players a while to get our heads around this game and I know when I first played it just as a lone player I thought you could only swap one horse so ended up having swapped out 5 horses at the end of the competition. :wacko:

So DG basically summing up… use your swaps like gold dust and try and save them for the Big Group races at the end of the competition where you can score big points. Empty out your entire stable each time you use a swap and go for those Bonus Points.

There will be racing at Meydan on Thursdays up to World Cup Night but it will be on the dirt track more of a local meeting as they are now saving the turf for the big Saturday end of Festival. Godolphin won’t have runners at these small meets.

So feet up for a few weeks Diamond and have a rest until..
    Saturday 27th March
    Dubai World Cup

See you there..
    Jac :bye:

Participant
    • Total Posts 533

Thanks both, going to copy and paste that as bound to have forgotten by next year :good:

Participant
    • Total Posts 16972

Dubai World Cup starts Saturday 27th March and the culmination of our Godolphin Fantasy League competition.

Here is a look at the early decs … there will be 8 races to choose from Races 2-9. ..

https://www.emiratesracing.com/node/3?id=3099

Good luck sorting them out and be careful as some horses may be withdrawn or change races at this early stage.

The 3 day decs will be more informative but I can’t wait to get started..Jac
    :bye:

Participant
    • Total Posts 16972

Time to get those FINAL SWAPS sorted for the last Saturday of our Godolphin Fantasy League TRF Competition ..

Saturday 27th March
    DUBAI WORLD CUP NIGHT

There will be 8 Races commencing with…
    the Group 2 Godolphin Mile at 12.15pm
    So PLEASE ENSURE YOU HAVE YOUR STABLES IN PLACE AT LEAST AN HOUR BEFORE :mail: The site will become very busy and you could miss out on what should be a great chance to gain lots of points for your Stable. :good:

No sign of a Bonus Race yet but please feel free to post it up here if you spot it first.

Lastly I’d just like to thank everyone for playing and wish you all good luck on the final day..lots of points to be had and anything could happen.

Jac
    :rose:

:mail: FIRST RACE 12.15pm Saturday.
    Please don’t be late. :mail:

Participant
    • Total Posts 16972

On the final day I have ended up with 1300 points.
    8750 in total and 54th position
    So very happy to be within the top 100.
    :good:

Will update the Leaderboard once all the scores are in.

It was a shame there was no Bonus Race today and with just 4 Godolphin horses scoring a total of 1600 points it has been difficult to make up ground.

Look forward to the scores coming in later..Jac :good:

Participant
    • Total Posts 2202

Looks like I got 1,600 pts today Jac! Finished on 7,930 and a final rank of 148

Congrats on making the top 100! and thanks for keeping track of this for us.

Stay Safe Everyone

John Gooch
    Participant
    • Total Posts 833

Hello

I managed to include all the four horses who scored points on
    Saturday Afternoon with my final swap. Spent most of the morning
    looking on the website for news of a Bonus Race sadly to no avail.
    Still scored 1600 points, making a total of 7710 and a Ranking of 186.

Hoping there is a summer competition in the pipeline and it generates
    as much interest as this one did through a difficult time.

All the best to everyone :good:

Participant
    • Total Posts 2993

Managed to pull of my “cunning plan” and use both swaps today so had all Godolphin runners covered. So got 1600 points, but can’t even put it down to any skill at selection! Worth bearing in mind for future competitions though. Now on 7890 points (161st). Still can’t believe that they couldn’t be bothered to run a bonus race today of all days but certainly echo John’s hopes for another competition for this season. Well done anyone who got top points on merit and to Jac for making the top 100.

Viewing 17 posts - 205 through 221 (of 235 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.