The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Godolphin Fantasy League Starts Thursday 21st January

Home Forums Racing Competitions Godolphin Fantasy League Starts Thursday 21st January

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 187 total)
  • Author
    Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 11485

It’s what a lot of us have been waiting for… Meydan World Cup 26th Anniversary kicks off in 10 days time, a little later than last year on 21st January 2021.

Hoping the usual suspects and some new players will come and join us in this just for fun competition (unless Godolphin stomp up a few prizes :whistle:

Sadly we are unable to form a League for this competition, something that Graham (BigG) has been pressing Godolphin for year after year with no result, so we will just play as individual players and post our results here each week and I will get together a Leaderboard.

:mail: STABLE SELECTION WILL OPEN SHORTLY ON THURSDAY 14TH JANUARY :mail:
    just follow this link….
    https://club.godolphin.com/your-fantasy-stable

More to follow and hoping somehow to be able to stomp up a small prize from somewhere for the winner when the competition ends with the Dubai World Cup in March (Date to be confirmed). May contact Godolphin regarding this. :mail:

Would suggest that everyone entering read the rules very carefully with regard to Swaps. You are allotted a maximum of 5 for the whole competition and can empty out your entire stable or just change any amount that you wish which will count as 1 swap..

If anyone has any queries after reading the rules, which are not always straightforward, please don’t hesitate to post it here and we will all try to sort it out.

Looking forward to an enjoyable competition and good luck choosing your Stables..Jac :good:

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8104

Great stuff Jac, thoroughly enjoyed it last year but it was unfortunate
    the final big carnival day was cancelled. Hopefully this time they will
    see it through and give us a bit of respite after a God awful year :good:

nwalton
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2226

cheers Jac :good: will give it a shot

Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 11485

Best of luck Graham and Nick..not long now before we can start to sort our stables out.

Don’t think it will be as easy as past years with quite a lot of Godolphin’s top horses now at stud, but up for the challenge. :good:
    Jac

Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 11485

:mail: STABLE SELECTIONS NOW OPEN..Competition starts Thursday 21st January :mail:

https://club.godolphin.com/your-fantasy-stable

Lots of old favourites on the list, good luck with your choices. Jac :good:

Tonge
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1366

Thanks for the reminder Jac. Do you know if you can make substitutions up until the start of the competition or, once you have picked your stable, that’s it, unless you use one of your 5 swaps? Couldn’t find any details in the “How To Play” info

Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 11485

Great to have you back in the comp Tonge. :good:

Regarding the horse swaps I could only find this..
    From what I remember from last years competition I think once you press Confirm the horses are locked in..
    However would like to ask our Master of the Rules Graham (BigG) if he would be kind enough to run through the rules and confifm that for us..

Horse Swap

a) Members have the option to change the composition of their stable five times during the course of the competition to replace some, or all, of the ten horses in their stable or select the Lucky Dip option. 

b) For the sake of clarification, each time a person changes the composition of their stable by selecting new horses is counted as a ‘swap’ regardless if the person swaps one or all ten of their horses. 

c) Only active horses (i.e. those in the member’s stable at the relevant time) are eligible to earn points when they race.

d) Members are advised to make their swaps well in advance of a race (minimum of 40 minutes prior to a race). Horses that are swapped out immediately before or during a race may take some time to appear in the member’s stable and therefore may not be eligible to win points if they finish first, second or third.

BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8104

Hi Jac, like you I’ve been through the How To Play, Faqs and Terms And
    Conditions and this is an issue which has slipped the net. It would make
    sense if you could make changes prior to the start, the alternative is
    that everyone will wait until the night before or the morning of the
    competition. The problem with that is that with thousands entering, the
    site could get clogged up. They should have considered this. To get to
    the bottom of this I’ve fired off an email to them, very likely they will
    receive it and think, “oh no, it’s him from last year again :wacko: “. I
    hope that Anna Ridges is still there, you will remember she was the very
    helpful Group Digital and Brand Manager at Darley Stallions. I’ve received
    an acknowledgement of my email so hopefully I should hear back by tomorrow
    morning. I’ll post up the reply so we know where we stand :good:

Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 11485

Thank you Graham I knew you would know who to contact. This seems to happen year after year.
    Much appreciated will wait to hear from you. Jac :good:

Tonge
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1366

Great work BigG. Look forward to hearing. Meanwhile, I’ll hold fire.

Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 11485

Guess Godolphin up to their usual tricks and not replying again Graham. :unsure:
    It’s probably best to wait now until we have our first stable up and ready. I even tried putting in a lucky dip stable to see if I could cancel it but when they asked me to confirm it I decided not too just in case I locked in 10 horses I didn’t want.

The early decs are up on Meydan site and Racing Post should have final decs up by Wednesday morning latst, so will post early decs here for some clues to Thursdays runners..good luck :good: Jac

https://www.emiratesracing.com/node/4?id=3089#tab-12394

DiamondGeezer
    Participant
    • Total Posts 494

Wouldn’t have a clue about these or any other flat horses so have done a Lucky Dip. I tried cancelling at every stage and didn’t have any problems when resubmitting, but once confirmed received a warning if I changed anything would count as one of the five swaps.

Do I post my horses or just my score each week ?

Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 11485

Just your score is fine DG :good: and I will make a Leaderboard as scores come in. No need to put up your Godolphin username if you don’t want to…it’s all just for fun with a small prize at the end for the winner. :good:

Aim for the Group races to pick up the best points on win/place and look out for bonus races where you can pick up valuable extra points. I usually try to post up the Bonus races when spotted so keep checking here for news and updates

Thanks for the info about the lucky dips and stable choices.. :good:

:mail: looks like you mustn’t press confirm unless you are certain you have made your final choices otherwise you forfeit a swap. :mail:

Best of luck everyone..Jac :bye:

BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8104

Very disappointing getting no response from Godolphin Jac, perhaps our old friend
    Ms Ridges has moved on to pastures new. Only 2 days to go so I’ll get my stable
    sorted tonight, I’m not going to chance waiting until the last day as I think
    there could be a deluge of entries and the site may well become gridlocked.

Best of luck everyone :good:

Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 11485

Think I’ll do the same Graham with 19 Godolphin horses running on Thursday across the card it’s not easy to choose and again some races have multiple entries. :wacko:

Nice to see all the top jockeys have arrived .. Dettori, Buick, Doyle, Barzelona and Harry Bentley to name but a few. :good:

:mail: Look out for the Bonus Races to score valuable extra points…
    For new players…they don’t have them every week. :mail:

Best of luck
    :good:
    Jac

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 187 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.