The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Gingers Jumpers

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips Gingers Jumpers

Viewing 17 posts - 1,004 through 1,020 (of 2,424 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

With BOG Howards Legacy ended up 2/1 SP so a profit of +10 points on the day.

Total Profit +4939.7

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

Right, covered todays bets in exactas and trifectas, so bound to go boobs skywards :)

Unlucky Softie.
    Just beaten for the exacta by a 66/1 shot. Ouch!

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

4:10 Lingfield
    40 points @ 5/2 (L) Emporers Choice* (min 9/4)
    30 points @ 6/1 (PP) Camden* (min 11/2)

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

4:10 Lingfield
    40 points @ 5/2 (L) Emporers Choice* (min 9/4)
    30 points @ 6/1 (PP) Camden* (min 11/2)

saver:
    8 points @ 9/1 (B365) Big Occasion (min 15/2)

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

3:20 Bangor
    52 points 9/4 (PP) Herdsman* (min 85/40)

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

3:20 Bangor
    52 points 9/4 (PP) Herdsman* (min 85/40)

16 points @ 100/30 (FD) Corrin Wood (min 100/30)

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

3:30 Wincanton
    51 points @ 7/2 (VC) Islandmagee* (min 3/1)

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

That’s probably it for tonight.

Value Is Everything
    softie
    Participant
    • Total Posts 199

Right, covered todays bets in exactas and trifectas, so bound to go boobs skywards :)

Unlucky Softie.
    Just beaten for the exacta by a 66/1 shot. Ouch!

Exacta in the bag then up pops the rag…….material for the Poet Laureate to use i reckon.

Um, minor point Ginge, and i may have missed it somewhere, but have you mentioned that all bets should be placed BOG where possible?

Westender2
    • Total Posts 20

Ginge

Are you still able to get bets on with the majority of online bookies? Due to some moderate success over the last couple of years I’ve had most of my accounts closed or restricted and yet you seem to be able to still get on with numerous firms which is suprising given your success.

Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

Um, minor point Ginge, and i may have missed it somewhere, but have you mentioned that all bets should be placed BOG where possible?

If two bookmakers are top price and only one is BOG – then go for BOG. But taking the best price in the village is the main thing Softie, as most of my bets shorten up anyway.

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

Ginge

Are you still able to get bets on with the majority of online bookies? Due to some moderate success over the last couple of years I’ve had most of my accounts closed or restricted and yet you seem to be able to still get on with numerous firms which is suprising given your success.

Stan James no longer take my bets Westender and one or two seem close to doing so. VC seem to keep me on because I have a lot of bets the night before. Tipping them off who is going to be backed; as every main bet is immediately shortened (within a few minutes, sometimes seconds); don’t allow me BOG either. Most other bookmakers go to their "trader" to say yes, allow the bet in full; half the stake, no each way or refuse it totally. One or two I haven’t got accounts with, where hope I can open if the others are closed. Where I have trouble getting on, I’ll need to take a betfair price or even slightly reduced price with another bookmaker to get on…

However Westender, this is an advisory thread. So I am not going to advise my follower to take a shorter price than he himself can take and include BOG in results even if sometimes I am refused it myself. But it doesn’t make much difference to results and obviously don’t include my bets near off time or on course.

What probably helps me is (although not the way today) I am not really a favourite backer; at least not usually my main bet. So when I win big the bookmaker also tends to win over all. Unless it is the fact I have so many bets in races it confuses them. :lol: I also don’t have that many each way thieves bets where they favour backers over bookmakers. I don’t follow tipsters and am sure any punters concentrating on Tom Segal and Hugh Taylor – where when they win small – the bookmaker loses big… So will have their accounts closed in double quick time. I take little or no notice of "top trainers/jockeys" and other things a lot of punters tend to follow. So when bookmakers have bad days I usually have a bad day.

I am no heavy hitter Westender, Dave Nevison said in his book something like "there are professional gamblers who make millions and there are pro’s making a lavatory cleaners wage". I am towards the latter end. So there isn’t the same incentive for bookmakers to close my accounts. Suspect you bet in larger amounts than I do Westender.

Are you named after the horse who chased home my biggest win, Rooster Booster? Had several saver bets that day, but did not include Westender. Crossing everything as Johnson jumped the last!

Value Is Everything
    Westender2
    • Total Posts 20

Ginge

Stan James no longer take my bets Westender and one or two seem close to doing so. VC seem to keep me on because I have a lot of bets the night before. Tipping them off who is going to be backed; as every main bet is immediately shortened (within a few minutes, sometimes seconds); don’t allow me BOG either. Most other bookmakers go to their "trader" to say yes, allow the bet in full; half the stake, no each way or refuse it totally. One or two I haven’t got accounts with, where hope I can open if the others are closed. Where I have trouble getting on, I’ll need to take a betfair price or even slightly reduced price with another bookmaker to get on…

However Westender, this is an advisory thread. So I am not going to advise my follower to take a shorter price than he himself can take and include BOG in results even if sometimes I am refused it myself. But it doesn’t make much difference to results and obviously don’t include my bets near off time or on course.

What probably helps me is (although not the way today) I am not really a favourite backer; at least not usually my main bet. So when I win big the bookmaker also tends to win over all. Unless it is the fact I have so many bets in races it confuses them. :lol: I also don’t have that many each way thieves bets where they favour backers over bookmakers. I don’t follow tipsters and am sure any punters concentrating on Tom Segal and Hugh Taylor – where when they win small – the bookmaker loses big… So will have their accounts closed in double quick time. I take little or no notice of "top trainers/jockeys" and other things a lot of punters tend to follow. So when bookmakers have bad days I usually have a bad day.

I am no heavy hitter Westender, Dave Nevison said in his book something like "there are professional gamblers who make millions and there are pro’s making a lavatory cleaners wage". I am towards the latter end. So there isn’t the same incentive for bookmakers to close my accounts. Suspect you bet in larger amounts than I do Westender.

Are you named after the horse who chased home my biggest win, Rooster Booster? Had several saver bets that day, but did not include Westender. Crossing everything as Johnson jumped the last!

Thanks Ginge

No, not named after the horse. From West London originally so have used that username or variations on forums over the years. I’ve had several 4 figure wins but all were my own fancies so not down to following any tipsters. Can still get on with a couple of the bigger online firms but probably do more bets on Betfair.

Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

Emporers Choice got me out of a bit of trouble today. Ending just

Not very often one of my bets almost doubles in price, but I almost gave up on Herdsman before the race. 9/4 top price last night (some were a lot shorter) out to 4/1 SP! It’s easy to think someone somewhere knew something. Weakened a long way from home. High head carriage so it’s possible temperamental or something amiss. Saver bet Corrin Wood ran well enough in 2nd but couldn’t cope with Tullyraine.
    Got Wincanton wrong, thought with at least three front runners in the race it would pay to be on one dropped out the back; but Islandmagee never got in to it with no more than a fair gallop. Nicholls second Suerte Al Salto threw the race away by pricking ears and wandering badly before the final hurdle after travelling well as ever. Ear plugs or hood might help?

Days Deficit

Total Profit +4882.7 points

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

2:30 Ludlow
    43 points @ 6/1 (L) Pearlysteps* (min 5/1)

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

17 points @ 14/1 (VC) Requin* (min 12/1)

One saver/half bet to come.

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

17 points @ 14/1 (VC) Requin* (min 12/1)

12 points @ 6/1 (B365) Ballyoliver (min 6/1)

Value Is Everything
Viewing 17 posts - 1,004 through 1,020 (of 2,424 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.