The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Gingers Jumpers

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips Gingers Jumpers

Viewing 17 posts - 562 through 578 (of 2,424 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33017

3:40 Sandown
    saver first:
    10 points @ 11/2 (B365) Major Malarkey (min 11/2)

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33017

Will one bookmaker please go 3/1 Lively Baron!

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33017

3:40 Sandown
    saver first:
    10 points @ 11/2 (B365) Major Malarkey (min 11/2)

Can’t wait any longer.
    55 points @ 11/4 (b365) Lively Baron* (min 11/4)

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33017

Quaddick Lane on Thursday (saver) made it 7 wins from my last 7 races. It’s a shame Accross The Bay couldn’t quite hold off Wayward Prince for 8 despite more than halfed in price. Gansey also found one just too good. If only he had ear plugs, could’ve been different (well I like to think so) :lol: . I am too greedy. :oops:

Fantastic to see the old boy Hello Bud win! I here it could’ve been his last race at 14. Deserved that, highly unusual for one that old to win a big race like this, however, still being described as "improving" at the age of 11, winning the Scottish National. Great leaper, reserving best for Aintree of late. Despite going best over the last, still didn’t think he’d hold on up the run-in today. My pocket (and 16/1 slip) willing him on, heart even more so. Never finds a great deal off the bridle and this no exception. That’s not to say Hello Bud is temperamental, just one who gives his all without the need for an "encourager". Thank you Bud, Twister, Master Twister and all at Grange Hill.

My other bet/race was in the last at Sandown. Nicholls paper favourite needed to be taken on, never having raced further than 2 3/4 miles. This almost another mile and on ground sure to play to stamina. Golan Way is an old favourite of mine. (To Gord, Softie used to be one of the owners). But also far from certain to stay, effective at 2m to 3m, but 3m5f+? (Actually did better than I thought). Fortification needs his courage fortified, so that left Major Malarkey and Lively Baron. Former hasn’t been that consistent but acts well in conditions worth a saver. But Lively Baron is so consistent and from a stable in good form. Ground a slight worry but over all by far the most likely winner. Got out of bed a little late this morning and did my competition bets first seeing 100/30 available. However, missed putting him up here at that price with other bets a priority. 11/4 proved quite a bit better than the SP anyway. Taking up the running going well around the turn, idled badly and Johnson doing well to keep his mount with the other horses. Lively Baron fighting back once Major Malarkey came alongside. Phew!

What with Sprinter Sacre’s awesome performance, Aralder showing I wasn’t completely stupid for once backing him ante-post for the Arkle! :roll: … And Kentford Grey Lady a most needed winner for my favourite :wink: and most local trainer. After an unusually poor November, look out for her runners over Christmas, just coming in to form! :wink:

Anyway, another very good day for me at +271.25 points. :D

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33017

2:00 Punchestown
    26 points @ 8/1 (betfair) Rubi Light* (min 7/1) (£10 Available @ 8.2/1, £26 available @ 8/1)

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33017

1:45 Cork
    43 points @ 5/1 (boyle) Days Hotel* (min 4/1)

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33017

1:45 Cork
    43 points @ 5/1 (boyle) Days Hotel* (min 4/1)

8 points @ 6/1 (b365) Foildubh (min 6/1)

(I’ve taken bigger on the machine, but only bits and pieces available of around 7/1 available now)

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33017

2:25 Kelso
    11 points each way @ 28/1 (PP) Definite Appeal* (min 22/1)

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33017

30 points @ 11/2 (WH) Railway Dillon* (min 5/1)

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33017

30 points @ 11/2 (WH) Railway Dillon* (min 5/1)

24 points @ 9/4 (Sporting) Cotswold Charmer (min 2/1)

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33017

One winner from three races for me today. Days Hotel doing the biz @ 5/1. Looked an improving young chaser in winning the Hilly Way first time out. Awkward head carriage a bit of a worry, didn’t know if that’s just him, still ran on well in the finish anyway. Blazing Tempo unusually found little, hope she’s ok.

Rubi Light looked the value in the 3 runner John Durkan. Disappointed Barry didn’t make the running. I know both he and Flemenstar are natural front runners, but an outsider should try and do something that might make the odds-on favourite feel uncomfortable/not like. Rubi travelled well enough for a long way (better than Sir Des) but didn’t pick up after a mistake before the turn. Probably a long way below form, not that he’d have been good enough even at his best.
    Any Sir Des Champs fans shouldn’t feel too bad, am convinced he’s better away from testing ground.
    Flemenstar is a very good horse, on form deservedly favourite for the Ryanair. A match with Sprinter Sacre would be awsome! I have doubts whether he’ll stay the Gold Cup trip. Likes to get on with things and 3 miles may be his limit. Seemed to prove himself at Fairyhouse on a sound surface, but Cheltenham could be a problem. Not been to Britain before; said to be a poor traveller earlier in his career. Wherever he goes will be worth seeing and not to be under-estimated.

From the sublime to the ridiculous. Long drop in quality for the Borders National, with just 18 fences to jump (low sun). Very short priced favourite Cotswold Charmer didn’t seem to want to know this time. Probably needs longer between races. Thought Railway Dillon one to be interested in up in trip with little pace in the race. However, Maguire didn’t employ the usual front running tactics and seemed to resent it, never jumping with any fluencey (even when eventually allowed to get to the front). Left behind in the home straight and possibly didn’t stay. Just as likely temperament.
    Definite Appeal ran well for a long way (for a 28/1 shot), two places out of the money. In truth I can’t see any of the runners going on to anything better.

Happy enough with +105 points. :)

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33017

2:50 Mussleborough
    26 points @ 17/2 (b365) Isla Pearl Fisher* (min 15/2)

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33017

1:20 Musselburgh
    48 points @ 100/30 (VC) Hazy Tom* (min 3/1)

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33017

Scrap above bet. VC shortened it up immediaately after I backed it. Before I could get on here to tip.

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33017

Should’ve said take the 3/1 Hazy Tom last night, down to 9/4 now! Well, at least I am on, shame it won’t count towards the thread. :(

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33017

7 points @ 15/2 (VC) Categorical (min 7/1)
    8 points @ 7/1 (VC) Blenheim Brook (min 6/1)

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33017

7 points @ 15/2 (VC) Categorical (min 7/1)
    8 points @ 6/1 (VC) Blenheim Brook (min 6/1)

15/2 has gone so call it 7/1 (b365)
    Should’ve been 6/1 anyway.

Value Is Everything
Viewing 17 posts - 562 through 578 (of 2,424 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.