The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Galmoy Hurdle 2021

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Galmoy Hurdle 2021

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 16282

No Antepost market here, but usually a decent field here….

https://www.racingpost.com/racecards/184/gowran-park/2021-01-28/776959

The two like here are both Mullins horses.

I’ve always liked Burrows Saint, enough that he was a dark horse of mine for The Gold Cup, but that never really worked out. He’s got an entry this year though, and though that’s probably precautionary, with The Grand National his main aim, it didn’t go unnoticed. He won well over hurdles at Punchestown last season, but I just wonder if this is to freshen him up before The Bobbyjo Chase, which he looks perfect for.

The main interest though for me is stablemate Great White Shark. Really like her, and I’ve bet her for The Stayers. Really hope we see her here, and should give me a good idea of whether that’s a realistic target. If she is declared, I doubt she’ll be much of a price, and no intention of betting her, but certainly my idea of the winner for this.

Great White Shark

jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3022

Poor renewal.

She’s forever improving but i think i’d take her on. Wrong at the weights and he hardly set the world alight at all last time but i’d hope Diol Ker would show more this time. Hammered Monkfish last year+ didn’t take to chasing at all. Given he jumped badly, he did well to finish how he did in his races this year.

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2722

Do we know exactly how jockey bookings work on the noel meade Gigginstown horses

Has Flanagan chosen diol ker or does Kennedy get the pick or is his association more with Gordon than Gigginstown

I’m very interested in diol ker and even more so if he’s chosen him over sixshooter who has form that ties in with sire du berlais and ronald pump

jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3022

Don’t take it as gospel FF, but i imagine Flanagan got first pick in this scenario due to being stable jockey of both horses. Also think Kennedy is more associated with GE in the main than Giggy themselves.

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2722

Thats how I saw it as well

Hard to get that run beating monkfish out of the head

Monkfish wouldve needed the run but its still a huge run and great white shark looks a very short price as she doesn’t have any graded form

She could be an improver but she is priced as though the improvement into a mid 150s horse is guaranteed

Silver Spoon
    Participant
    • Total Posts 116

9-1 Diol Ker for me, that looks like a great price to me.

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 16282

I’m definitely not betting Great White Shark here, and as much as the 11-4 is tempting, I thought she’d be shorter, it’s not big enough for me, having already bet her for The Stayers.

The 9’s for Burrows Saint with Bet365 does draw me in though, that looks too big with that run under his belt, so I’m happy to take that.

Burrows Saint 9’s

Autumnal
    Participant
    • Total Posts 367

I’ll join in here with Diol Ker at 9/1

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2722

Have dutched sixshooter and diol ker at 7s and 9s respectively

I like sixshooters form with ronald pump and sire du berlais so couldn’t not add him as for me thats the best piece of recent form in the race

Lemons68
    Participant
    • Total Posts 499

Sixshooter at 13-2 for me, I’m surprised at his odds.

DBRDBR
    Participant
    • Total Posts 560

Burrows Saint for me too. If he can bounce back to form 9/1 looks big.

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2722

Got a good run for our money with diol Ker

He looks like one that will improve for an end to end gallop and proper staying test

He got done for gears by Sam’s profile, who I’m kicking myself for not backing after backing him in the ballymore and punchestown 2019, then stayed on strongly at the finish

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3813

Good performance from Sam’s Profile considering trainer said he had to back off him after rib injury. And great run from Diol Ker.

Don’t think GWS enjoyed the bog.

jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3022

No she didn’t i agree GAG. She’s a bit of an enigma, i think she wants better going and a bigger field and pace to go at personally.
    Close with Diol Ker, moving on!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.