The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

French Classics – French Form

Home Forums Archive Topics Trends, Research And Notebooks French Classics – French Form

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 439 total)
  • Author
    • Total Posts 629

The French do things with more flair…

• Total Posts 174

Ah, so we’ve officially moved here, eh?

Good.

• Total Posts 629

The story so far…well some of it!

• Total Posts 629

Am looking forward to the ‘Imprudence’ – pitty there’s no ‘Dolled Up’ there…

The ‘Djebel’ should be interesting if only to see how a 100/1 shot for Newmarket gets on!

http://www.zeturf.com/en/resultats/1468 … x-du-Loing

• Total Posts 1511

When do the trials in France Start at Longchamp…..

Always very interesting races

• Total Posts 4293

I read in a German sales report on the RP site last Summer, that Angus Gold (Sheikh Hamdan) said that they had a good 2yo by Nayef, called Kayef I think, in training with Freddie Head.

Has this Kayef made it onto the racetrack yet?

Don’t ask me why I was reading a German sales report, as I don’t have a clue! :lol:

• Total Posts 1511

Pure attention to details Gerald that why your reading it.

As for your question :?: :?: :?:

towerto
    • Total Posts 92
    Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3176

Joanna for the Prix Imprudence for me – very impressed with her performance at Deauville last August in a very quick time whilst she was far from disgraced behind Rosanara next time out, the yard is in form (as always at this time of year) and she should look good value tomorrow. Was my dark horse to follow in France for 2010 so hoping she’s not dark for too much longer :lol:

• Total Posts 629

I also like ‘Joanna’ – will she like the cut in the ground?
    ‘Lixirova’ won’t mind it (but has ground to make up on ‘Joanna’ – will the ground and 1st time out for both make the difference?) – Anything can happen from 2 – 3!

Would have liked to see ‘Dolled Up’ run as she is a good yardstick having competed against most of them last year – you can link Morny form Lagardere form…

‘Kayef’ is entered on sun over 2,200m at Longchamp.
    ‘Handsome Devil’ in also – formlines to ‘Rewilding’ who goes in he Noailles for Fabre.

‘Ocean Seven’ – is brother to ‘Goldikova’ also in the care of Head.

C.P. On ‘Makfi’ in the Djebel – the team who brought us ‘Chineur’!

• Total Posts 629

Some races of interest to look forward to…as well as those tomorrow…

11-4-10 Ferrieres – Longchamp

11-4-10 Finlande – Longchamp

11-4-10 Noailles – Longchamp – ‘Rewilding’, ‘Planteur’ & more!

11-4-10 D’Harcourt – Longchamp – Headed by ‘Cutlass Bay’

13-4-10 Caius – Saint-Cloud

15-4-1 D’Escoville’ – Longchamp

8-5-10 Greffulhe – Saint-Cloud

16-5-10 Hocquart – Longchamp

23-5-10 Saint-Alary – Longchamp

• Total Posts 629

This is for the time fans…

There were five races over the mile when ‘Jan Vermeer’ won at Saint-Cloud.

‘Santa’ Agata’ – f3 – 1m 50.60

‘Red Barn’ – m3 – 1m 48.80

‘Jan Vermeer’ – m2 – 1m 45.60

‘Zafisio’ – m3 – 1m 45.30

‘Salut Lisa’ – f5 – 1m 49.70

It might be interesting that ‘Santa Agata’ was beat by ‘Liliside’ recently on 1-4-10

Last year she had only been beaten 1/2 a length by ‘No Risk At All’ – who went on to beat ‘Behkabad’ on 1-4-10

Ugly Mare
    • Total Posts 1294

Late last autumn I started following Simon de Montfort, a King’s Best colt trained by Fabre. Two wins in modest races, I was disappointed with his run in the Crit. de Saint-Cloud after, so shall ignore that now that he has come out and won a listed event back at St Cloud the other day over the same trip on heavy.

Form only on soft and heavy, I do hope he can show something on better ground too. Well entered up apparently, so I shall keep my eye on this one for the early part of the season.
    Perhaps a good stayer in the making…?

I didn’t like Rosanara’s Prix Marcel Boussac form, I don’t think it will stand the test of time, and I think she will want a longer trip than the mile, indicated in her race against Jan Vermeer.

• Total Posts 629

Will he ever regain that title – I’m not sure…

Ugly Mare
    • Total Posts 1294

Darma – I’ve been trying to think of that one all day…lol ! so thanks for that.
    I hope she has recoved and we get to see her in action very soon.

I cannot see past Special Duty for the 1000 G, can you? Mrs Head was furious when she just failed in the Prix Morny, I saw a video clip of it with the camera focussed on her, she really seemed to expect her to win then and against that opposition.

I’d like to see Simon go for the Prix Greffulhe, it’s sometimes a weakish race and they might have to get in quick with him for a Group race win.

• Total Posts 629

Darma – hope so too – there are a lot of unexposed sorts she is one! :wink:

I’m not sure about ‘Special Duty’ – it bugs me that they thought of running her in the L’Abbaye – due to her having so much speed.
    From listening to her trainer on ‘Get On’ today – she was saying how she is now more settled – can come from off the pace – and doesn’t have to lead.
    That adds more doubt and to be honest if CP were on board it might be better – none much better at setting things up from the front than him.

Also this time two years back ‘Natagora’ was a bigger price – I backed her on the day at 7/2 having won her trial – the price doesn’t appeal now – had a lil’ bet at a lil’ bigger but I’m happy with that – due to my feeling that there might be another ‘Ghanaati’ in the field…

The form of the Morny is either very good or it’s something else…I’m looking forward to seeing as it may be pointing to something!

• Total Posts 174

On Fabre, while the fellow is a very skilled trainer, I agree that he is going to have problems regaining the French trainer championship now that his yard is owned by Sheikh M (and I think there may have even been some transferring of promising juveniles over to Suroor a la Mark Johnston).

On Darma, I don’t think she is fit again, or maybe hasn’t trained on, or something else is wrong. When Royer-Dupre was talking about his early Classic hopes, he only mentioned Siyouni and Rosanara, and said the latter is entered in the Grotte as a prep for the Pouliches, but no mention of Darma. And while both fillies are pre-entered in the Pouliches, Diane and Irish Oaks, only Rosanara has been entered for the Irish 1000Gs (despite the fact that based on pedigree, you’d think Darma is more likely to thrive at 8f than Rosanara).

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 439 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.