The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Fishing

Home Forums Lounge Fishing

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Andrew Hughes
    • Total Posts 1904

Its very important to be patient. Fishing can be a time-consuming activity, you might be out there for days, waiting for a bite. Don’t keep going back to your thread, you’ll only scare them off.

You will also need to pack plenty of controversial opinions. These can be quite easy to make at home. Just take an ordinary saucepan, fill it with half-baked ideas, sprinkle on some secondary school arguments, add a dash of racism and leave to simmer. After a few days, this should congeal nicely and be ready to air in public.

Of course, if you run out of controversial opinions, you can always buy some ready made ones. I would recommend the Daily Mail, or if you’re on a budget, the Sun will do just as well. The great thing about these papers is that they can serve a dual purpose and save you the need to pack toilet roll as well!

dave jay
    • Total Posts 3386

Surely it doesn’t matter what you do so long as you get a bite?

Andrew Hughes
    • Total Posts 1904

True, but it’s a lot of effort for a little nibble.

Jim JTS
    • Total Posts 841

Sometimes it doesn’t go according to plan :biggrin:

<br>

dave jay
    • Total Posts 3386

I know Jim .. some people only fish in a very small pond, others prefer the sea.

lollys mate
    • Total Posts 625

Dont forget your anorak aranalde!<br>:biggrin:

dave jay
    • Total Posts 3386

He looks down on you LM .. :biggrin:

Andrew Hughes
    • Total Posts 1904

I have three anoraks. One each for my favourite hobbies: trainspotting, planespotting and extreme stamp collecting (the outdoor version)

Lovely Lady
    • Total Posts 160

Aranalde,<br>your original post was excellent, one of your best in my opinion.   In fact, being somewhat green myself,  you almost had me believing you for a minute:cool:

Alchemist
    Participant
    • Total Posts 232

Myself and a friend are discussing organising a fishing trip over in Ireland (Southern) for sometime next year. We would be looking to go over for 4/5 nights to take in some coarse fishing on lakes/lochs for breme, roach etc (and a few pints of guinness come the evening in a local).

What we are after though is an area well off the beaten track, up in some rolling countryside, and an area therefore which sees little angling pressure (which pretty much rules out areas in and around the Shannon etc).

Do any of you Irish TRFers (or anybody else thats been over for that matter) have any suggestions to an area we may head for, or any general info on fishing in Ireland, as it will be the first trip for th both of us.
    Thanks in advance.
    Alch

TheCheekster
    • Total Posts 329

My dad has just came back from fishing in Ireland.
    Pretty much as you describe, but think its on the west coast somewhere, salmon fishing on a river called the Esky (sp?).
    I think they had a good time, certainly seemed like it when they all rang me up singing, in the middle of the afternoon.
    Can get you more info if you like.

Alchemist
    Participant
    • Total Posts 232

Cheers Cheekster,
    Any info would be of use as it will be the first trip (although we have been discusssing it for numerous years now on and off).

The area to head for is of most interest, reading on the net it appears that there is water pretty much anywhere you go, our only real pre-requisite is that it is a secluded spot, for some peace and quiet.
    Also, any info on what it cost him would be very helpful!

Alch

Kingston Town
    • Total Posts 1049

You may have already found this one but there’s lots of info that might help.
    http://www.shannon-fishery-board.ie/guides/regional-angling-guides.htm
    and
    http://www.nci.ie/holiday/fish/fisha.htm

Sounds like a nice holiday :D

lekha85
    Participant
    • Total Posts 330

Don’t go to Ireland – Scotland is the place for fishing…

trackside528
    • Total Posts 137

Bolloks…

:lol:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.