The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Electrocutionist

Home Forums Memorials Electrocutionist

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    seabird
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2924

Unconfirmed report on another site that he collapsed and died on the gallops this morning!:(

Colin

Lingfield
    • Total Posts 919

Confirmed on BBC Ceefax- dead of a heart attack

cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8799

Very sad news

Librettist
    • Total Posts 559

R.I.P Electrocutionist, don’t think we ever quite saw how damn good you were……

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

I think we did, and it was a few pounds behind the likes of Shirocco and Hurricane Run.

stevedvg
    • Total Posts 1137

Was one of the best horses in training.

At a time when there’s not much strength in depth, it a big loss.

Steve  

Librettist
    • Total Posts 559

Quote: from davidjohnson on 2:02 pm on Sep. 9, 2006[br]I think we did, and it was a few pounds behind the likes of Shirocco and Hurricane Run.<br>

From the heart as usual DJ, you brought a tear to my eye with that emotional eulogy

deltaman
    • Total Posts 190

Sad news…… what I found strange is that there is no change in the Anti Post prices for the Arc.

Zoz
    • Total Posts 703

A rare flat racer I truly liked to follow, a beautiful horse, and a damn shame we won’t see his offspring race.

:(

Who gives a stuff how he rated against Shirrocco etc in this respect.

A terrible shame for connections present and past.

Racing Daily
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1364

What a choker.  I just heard about it on the RUK replay.<br>Great horse, stunned by this news.

FlatSeasonLover
    • Total Posts 2065

The horse was at the top of his game. A sad loss to racing.

jackane24
    • Total Posts 444

For once, please, could guys like DJ and trackside put the form book to one side for a second and just recognize that Electrocutionist was a bloody good horse, and it is a shame for the connections, for the stable, and for the public that he has gone. Would you go to a funeral of a friend of yours, and say during the eulogy that he was a selfish b*****d? No, you wouldn’t.

A horse is a horse – whether he/she is bred by Sadler’s Wells, Mark of Esteem or Rainbow Quest, it doesn’t matter. It doesn’t make him/her a lesser horse.

I had the privilege of being at York last year for his finest moment, winning the juddmonte International from an absolutely impossible position 100 yards from the end. It is the best race I’ve ever seen, and he was also responsible for another fantastic finish in the Diamond Stakes.

Sleep well Electro – thanks for the memories.

(Edited by jackane24 at 5:07 pm on Sep. 12, 2006)

SirHarryLewis
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1208

I was tempted to say I found the news shocking but I dont think anyone would appreciate the pun.

I think the horses full potential had yet to be explored on dirt but definitly a few pounds behind HR on what we had seen.  Goldolphin really are jinxed this year.

SHL

jackane24
    • Total Posts 444

I wish we all could.

p.s. as per the ‘b*****d
    ‘ comment – it’s detrimental to his reputation.

Casually saying that Electrocutionist was 4 or 5lbs lower than HR or Shirocco is detrimental to a horse’s reputation, and shows a lack of respect and tact, just as the above does.

Do you think Electrocutionist’s head groom really cares right now about whether he was better of worse than HR? If that groom had a chance to either have Electrocutionist back, or just sit thinking for longer about whether he was better or not, which do you think he/she would choose?

And Grasshopper – I don’t think a form book is needed to recognize that a horse like Electrocutionist was good, no.

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Do you think Electrocutionist’s groom cares what an over-opinionated TRF member has to say?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.