The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Eagle Mountain

Home Forums Horse Racing Eagle Mountain

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    newyork
    • Total Posts 215

Has anyone seen the grand prix de paris.It has to be one of the worst piece of riding i have seen by a jockey.S Pasquier rider of Zambezi son,Knocked into Eagle mountain on purpose to keep the horse in and sent K Fallon flying,to the ground,the horse went on to win the race,but on that riding the horse wants throwing out and the jockey suspended for a very long time. Shocking

Longchamp Lad
    • Total Posts 35

I didn’t see it that way. They were only about 4f into the race and there seemed to be a general jostling for positions. Eagle Mountain stumbled and Fallon was off. The main issue is how is Fallon – it looked bad and he was still on the ground well after the race was over.

seabird
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2924

OK by all accounts.

Himself
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3772

I have seen the race. Pasquier’s manoeuver looked quite deliberate and intentional.

Gambling Only Pays When You're Winning

stevedvg
    • Total Posts 1137

I’ve watched it over and over on youtube and it looks to me that Pasquier deliberately leaned into Eagle Mountain.

The 2 jocks had been fighting for position earlier in the race when EM cut across the French horse and Fallon turned around to look at/say something to Pasquier.

Then Pasquier came along side and leaned in on Fallon’s horse in what
    seemed to be intended as a “how do you like it?” response.

I think he was lucky to keep the race.

Steve

yeats
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2927

Very minor interference that you see a few times everyday, it just so happened that on this occasion Eagle Mountain stumbled and Fallon fell off.

Himself
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3772

Very minor interference that you see a few times everyday, it just so happened that on this occasion Eagle Mountain stumbled and Fallon fell off.

The way I saw it, the inreference caused Fallon’s mount to stumble.

Gambling Only Pays When You're Winning

yeats
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2927

99% of horses wouldn’t have stumbled, the minor offence is the same whether the horse stumbles or not. Would have been a gross injustice to have been disqualified for that.

Aidan
    • Total Posts 1198

If it was a foreign trained horse they would have been kicked out. Time and time again we have seen British and Irish horses thrown out for much less….also the winner was owned by the sponsors of the race.

SirHarryLewis
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1208

I could see nothing wrong with it really.

SHL

Fallonman
    • Total Posts 35

If that manoeuvre had happened in the straight there would have been hell to play.
    He deliberately leaned on Fallon and I thought he clipped heels of the horse in front. To say Stephane Pasquier did nothing wrong is wide of the mark.

carvillshill
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2778

I don’t agree that it was that clear-cut. It would be very difficult to be certain that there was any intent. It’s a bit tough to say that a jockey would deliberately cause another to fall anyway- at worst he might have been keeping him in, hardly a hanging offence.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.