The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

does lammtarra?

Home Forums Horse Racing does lammtarra?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3181

Think he sired the Godolphin filly who placed in the Oaks a while back, Melikah – not totally sure of what else he’s sired but he’s in Japan isn’t he?

Sal
    • Total Posts 562

He’s been in Japan for all his career, but has a few horses over here because of the Sheikhy Mo connection.

Of European runners he also sired Simeon (Classic Trial winner and placed in French Derby), Noctilucent (Listed winner in France) and Lammas and Inaaq.

He’s not done great in Japan though – his highest rank on the stallion lists has been 18th and most years has been 20-30ish.  He’s had some decent horses, particularly Meisho Ramses and Maruka Senryo but they are Grade 3 winners at best.

Sailing Shoes
    • Total Posts 368

I always think he wasn’t made for stud duties – mainly due to the fact that his biggest asset was the abilty to fight and keep pulling out more. Undoubtably he was going to sire winners – but none that would be top class IMO. Any thoughts on what makes the ideal stallion etc…

(Edited by Sailing Shoes at 4:37 pm on June 1, 2006)

LUKE
    • Total Posts 271

You could say the same about Giants Causeway and he is making it as a stallion.I heard Rock of Gibraltar has a tremendous appetite for the job.Rock by name,rock by nature is the quote I heard.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.