The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Do Betfair employees bet whilst at work?

Home Forums General Sports Do Betfair employees bet whilst at work?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    CavCav
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4811

Are they allowed to back or lay a selection when they see a consistant winning account holder having a bet on that selection?

bluechariot
    • Total Posts 569

I doubt it very much

Wallace
    Participant
    • Total Posts 862

They are not allowed to bet now.  They were allowed for the first couple of years.  I actually got to know one of their phone guys well when calling from the course.  He would call me back to check early market prices and tell me about commission bets he had to place.

barry dennis
    • Total Posts 398

is the pope a catholic?

Wallace
    Participant
    • Total Posts 862

We can always rely on some people to know of anything dodgy.  Some people only play for big money when its bent.

CavCav
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4811

Reason I ask…I have an 87% strike rate on my last 300 lays all at SP 10/1 and below.  My last 18 lays I couldnt get matched for love nor money at my usual  requested overlay price.  If BF employees are laying what I’m trying to lay I will give up at his game for good.  I hope its just a blip we’ll see……..

Wallace
    Participant
    • Total Posts 862

I really dont think the Betfair staff will be involved in this unless your are playing for big money.

empty walletempty wallet
    • Total Posts 1631

If you were getting a few quid an hour and you spotted someone being successful

Would you be jumping in front of that person?

yeatsyeats
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2923

Have you ever noticed the late suspension of races when there’s possibility of stewards to enable someone to mop up all the big prices about the runner up, who else could it be?

CavCav
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4811

Barry Dennis, could you expand on your comment please…

empty walletempty wallet
    • Total Posts 1631

CR

Take no notice of BD – he has his own agenda

<br>Don’t know if your stake size will allow, but if you think BF employees are doing this, withdraw your funds and use other exchanges

<br>I did

CavCav
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4811

Thanks EW, I’ll continue to monitor closely for a while, I lay in running quite a bit and in fairness a lot of those 18 were held up although not all of them!

As for Barry Dennis, what a pity a so called professional cant put more than 2 sentences of commonsense together in the off moments when he’s not shooting his smart alec mouth off.  Thank God I dont have to bet with the likes of that any more.

empty walletempty wallet
    • Total Posts 1631

CR

In running, your up against the fast pic guys, on course guys, on course bookies etc,

BF have now a new system i believe, where if you bet 3k plus, they will place your bets for you, so these will probably have priority of getting into the system over you or i

<br>They seem to be  looking after the big guys at the expense of the small, but i’m afraid the big guys can’t operate without the small fry

Hence you see people like H Findlay asking for smaller commish for everyone

barry dennis
    • Total Posts 398

been watching "fools and horses" quite appropriate really,<br>this smart alec shooting his mouth off is barry dennis,

can’t imagine who or what would call itself cavalino rampante.

you asked a question? I’m replying, YES   what do you expect names and addresses

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Just like the TV appearances, plenty of bluster and little substance.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.