Dewhurst 2018

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Dewhurst 2018

This topic contains 37 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by hein bollow hein bollow 1 month, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    CharlesOlney
    CharlesOlney
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2013

Sangarius each-way 5/1 with Corals (3 places)

I think this is a solid enough bet. With Quorto being put away for the season and Ten Sovereigns likely to head that way as well, Sangarius looks the main challenger for Too Darn Hot to handle.

He’s a certain starter if 100% fit and given the owners missed out on a chance to claim this with Sangarius’s sire Kingman, I’d imagine they’re keen on running.

KevMcAlley
    KevMcAlley
    Participant
    • Total Posts 608

Surprised there’s so little being said on this beast of a renewal. Really looking forward to it.

Tempted to have a go on Mohawk, 20s+ is big for a good Royal Lodge winner, although only two places for each way purposes dampens my spirits.

jackh1092
    jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1062

Yep Kev, partly my issue, i’d like to have a go at Christmas but not as willing to with the place terms as they are….will have a closer look on the day.

Must be a worry that AOB will need this to be a serious test + one of ours, probably mine is going to have to make this a testing pace.

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

Gingertipster
    Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 24662

AVD probably needs a greater test of stamina.
    Advertise less of a test.
    Sangarius has bags of scope for improvement but needs it, but that’s already more than in the price. Has a very rounded action too and may not like it too quick.
    Christmas could run well if he’s not sacrificed as pacemaker…
    Ditto Mohawk. In any normal year could see the AOB second and third strings figuring, but this is not a normal year.
    Kuwait Currency impressed me at Salisbury, expect Richard Hannon to say he could be the real deal. To be fair possible could be a bit under-rated at around 50/1.
    Too Darn Hot will probably be too darn hot. It’s not exactly who he beat but the way he did it. Sectionals suggest he’s a lot better than how far he won the Champagne. That turn of foot from a horse who won the first mile maiden of the season… This may not be another Frankel, but could be a freak; Exceptionally well bred and has the potential to be Gosden’s best ever two year old, possibly Gosden’s best racehorse full stop.

value is everything
    Nathan Hughes
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 19739

Kuwait Currency impressed me at Salisbury, expect Richard Hannon to say he could be the real deal.

He hasn’t said that Ginge but can you imagine if he wins, I’m sure he will.. :yes:

We declared him for the Middle Park two weeks ago but I thought the 6f on fast ground would just be too quick for him so we’re going right in at the deep end here! I was very impressed with his win in Listed Company at Salisbury last time where he showed a great attitude and was well on top. There is probably going to be plenty of pace on which will really suit him, as he’s stepping back down a furlong, but this track will help and a drop of rain wouldn’t do his chances any harm either. Realistically we have a bit to find but he’s getting better with each race and could still be anything.

I’ve had a hefty lump for my standards on Darn Too Hot at evens. I respect the opposition but this is the first horse in a while that gets me thinking wow.

Don't Eat The Pie and Don't Buy The S*n
    KevMcAlley
    KevMcAlley
    Participant
    • Total Posts 608

Think Christmas will be the pacemaker as you say Jack, been going from the front previous where as they’ve been holding onto Mohawk.

Wouldn’t surprise me if Christmas went quick, slowed it right down and then went again to try and catch the top two off guard. AVD and Mohawk probably sit in behind.

Dettori will need to ride a canny race, even if he is on the best hoss.

Gingertipster
    Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 24662

Done TDH @ Evens with a 3/4 saver on AVD.

value is everything
    Gingertipster
    Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 24662

Wouldn’t surprise me if Christmas went quick, slowed it right down and then went again to try and catch the top two off guard. AVD and Mohawk probably sit in behind.

Dettori will need to ride a canny race, even if he is on the best hoss.

tbh Kev,
    As long as Frankie is able to get a way through, suspect he would be delighted with that scenario, playing to his strengths (turn of foot). Where as it’ll be against his main rivals. Sangarius is inexperienced and might not know what to do when they first kick. Anthony Van Dyk is all about stamina, his chance would be much much better with a strong pace from start to finish. Personally can only see the latter scenario, they won’t want to ruin their number 1 horse’s chance. However, the Lads have imo messed up tactics many times this year.

We shall see, can’t wait. :good:

value is everything

newyork1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 25

No one else a little bothered the TDH form in all his races has been shocking? His solaria and champagne races the form hasn’t worked out at all. if the grd stays G/F then I believe AVD will win.

Gingertipster
    Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 24662

I take it you’re talking about the seconds in both races disappointing next time out, newyork; Cardini and Arthur Kitt? Considering the former had the run of the race in the Champagne, he was always likely to disapppoint. Horses aren’t machines and Arthur Kitt ran poorly. But in those exact same races Cardini and Arthur Kitt ran in, horses from the Solario and Champagne franked the form in no uncertain terms. Both Bye Bye Hong Kong and Victory Command beaten a hell of a lot further by Too Darn Hot than they were in those races. ie On “form” Too Darn Hot would’ve been a very easy winner of both Tattersalls Stakes and Royal Lodge.

On strict lengths and horses beaten, you’re probably correct that AVD has just as good (if not better) “form” than Too Darn Hot. However, sectional times show TDH is considerably better than those distances… And AVD is far less likely to be suited by this trip.

value is everything
    Triptych
    Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7384

Although I think Too Darn Hot will romp home I’m going for a bit of value and backing Advertise around 10/1 EW and doing him in a reverse forecast with Too Darn Hot.

Advertise – 10/1 EW
    R/Forecast with
    Too Darn Hot

Looking forward to seeing TDH in the flesh tomorrow and if he wins fingers crossed it’s Advertise that comes 2nd.
    Sergei Prokofiev did frank his form today so expecting a decent run :good: Jac

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    raymo61
    raymo61
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3612

I have backed ADVERTISE at 9/1 and MOHAWK at 20/1 e/w .
    Shame there are only seven runners but hey ho !!

Forecasts too TDH to beat both of then!!

Middle_Of_March
    Middle_Of_March
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2066

This could well be the best 2 year old race of the last few years.

It’s a Quorto and a Calyx short of one of the best 2 year old races I can remember.

Too Darn Hot at 10/11 is the bet for me though. I think he’s an absolute monster. And yet I also think he’s not even the best in the yard.

Nathan Hughes
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 19739

Lovely watching Llyod Webber clapping there.

Don't Eat The Pie and Don't Buy The S*n
    viktors89
    viktors89
    Participant
    • Total Posts 252

Wow.

Best 2YO I have seen since I follow horse racing. Spectacular.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.