The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Darren’s Sports bets thread 2021

Home Forums General Sports Darren’s Sports bets thread 2021

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 708 total)
  • Author
    darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6966

Here some ante post bets for 2021 start with Golf

SUNGAE IM 45/1 Masters

Debut at Augusta was 2and fine showing by him if season is like normal be more better prepared will play mainly every week but it suits him and feel he one of those young players make a splash by winning a major

HARRIS ENGLISH 100/1

If look at his form this year rose to top 30 in world a stack of fine showings by him was 45th at Augusta but much better player now to

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6966

JON RAHM 12/1 US open

That 1st major the hardest one to win but the track here is a place he loves.Torrey Pines won Farmers insurance which 1st win on tour ideal place break major duck to.

CAMERON CHAMP 150/1

Was 15th in farmers last year but showed in USPGA that got the class and bottle to make a impact in majors

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6966

JUSTIN THOMAS 20/1 Open championship

This a price not think this pint sized powerhouse be but 11th last time in open he way to good be quiet in this event and expect him be up there

DANNY WILLETT 100/1

Course winner here before in younger days and shown form in open before to starting to click as year ended and being a major winner before can do well.

VICTOR PEREZ 225/1

A serious talent he is play well in open before been 4th in WGC in Asia to showing decent form in DP Tour championship and feel can play well here to.

BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9010

Ante Post The Masters

Viktor Hovland 50/1

I’m a fan of this guy, he’s an exciting player who hits it a mile and on his
    day is a terrific putter which you have to be here. He finished off the season
    with a win at the Mayakoba and then followed it up with T3 at the DP World
    Tour Championship in Dubai. He’s only 23 and he’s got a lot of potential.

Mathew Wolf 50/1

This guy is even younger than Hovland, only 21 and turned pro last year. For
    one that’s still supposed to be wet behind the ears he’s done not too bad this
    year when the pressure is really on, T4 in the US PGA and runner up in the US
    Open. The first time I saw him I thought the leg dip thing he does with his right
    leg was as odd as Jim Furyk’s swing. It comes from his baseball days as pitcher,
    but it makes no odds to where he hits it. He’s another with huge potential and
    just as important he’s got a great temperament. I’ll make a bold claim here, he’ll
    be World No.1 by the time he’s 26, I honestly think he’s that good.

Dylan Frittelli 125/1

Although he won 4 tournaments between 2013 and 2017, his best performance
    could well be the way he played in T5 in the Masters this year. He was still striking
    it well last time out earlier this month in the SA Open with outright 3rd. He can
    go back to The Masters knowing that he knows how to play the course. I think he’s
    a huge price for this and a decent e/w shout.

I’ll stick another couple in for the other Majors later in the week Darren.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6966

With Golf return this week in on PGA Tour bets for money list and Race to dubai

JON RAHM 10/1 PGA Money list
    Patrick Cantley 20/1
    Harris English 66/1

Rory MCILROY 6/1 Race to Dubai enhanced price
    V Perez 75/1
    T Pieters 90/1

Big G any bets on these markets and other major bets to

Happy golf back this week and Tennis on Saturday to

BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9010

My other Major ante post bets

Open Championship

Tyrrell Hatton 50/1

He’s one of the most improved players in 2020 and I think on
    home soil he will have his best chance in the majors.

Viktor Hovland 66/1

Big hitting player who has a touch of class about him, I think he’s
    capable of picking up one of the Majors this year, I’ll probably back
    him in them all.

Mathew Wolff 80/1

I probably sound like I’m going overboard when I’ve written about Wolff, but
    I think he’s the best young player on the planet. Why Skybet have him at 80s
    I don’t know, but I think they will get their hand bitten off at that price.

BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9010

Ante post US Open

Webb Simpson 28/1

I think his steady golf is what is needed in the US Open. If you
    can’t keep it on the short stuff you won’t even make the cut. He
    makes few mistakes and is strong in all departments. This is his
    best chance of taking one of the Majors.

I don’t need to write about them again as I’ve already given my views
    in The Masters and the Open.

Viktor Hovland 50/1

Matthew Wolff 50/1

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6966

VICTORIA AZARENKA 20/1 Australian open

Two time champion here won her 1st title in 4 years in 2020 in New York and was a set and a break up in US open final before losing to Osaka.When she returns to Melbourne being a 2time winner can do it again.

SERENA WILLIAMS 12/1 US Open enhanced price

A event she loves normally gets to final while not happen last year this is the slam where she constantly puts in her best performances here and now way she be this price a week before US open

BELINDA BENCIC 50/1 US Open

A semi finalist here in 2019 loss to Andreescu she not play during pandemic but she turn up in Dubai 1st WTA event of year so with this the final slam of year expect her play better as year go on.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6966

Bets for SENTRY TOURNAMENT OF CHAMPIONS

JON RAHM 17/2

Was 2nd here on debut at course it true not done better since but his form last year was world class and every reason pick up again this year starting here.

XANDER SCHAUFFLELE 11/1

Form here last 2 years reads 1.2 and should won last year missed 6ft birdie putt lost playoff but in these no cut events do well only look at Tour Championship form to a major player here

HIDECKI MATSUYAMA 20/1

Form here is 4.3.2 normally not be here because not won on tour but because of covid can play here because in Tour Championship. No win for 3 years but getting closer to ending streak at a venue go well at another chance here.

CAMERON CHAMP 55/1

Big hitting American a 2 time PGA tour winner he is has done ok here and this the type of layout that suit him very well.

BigG any views mate hope see Raymo as well

BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9010

I hope this isn’t an omen for this year but I just spent the last half
    hour typing up my picks for the Sentry, and clicked to post only to find
    that I’d been logged out :wacko:

Here’s the shortened version……

Sentry Tournament of Champions

Patrick Reed 16/1 (20/1 1st round leader market)

If he’s ready to start off he would have a great shout here. Winner
    here in 2015, runner up the following year and runner up again last
    year.

Webb Simpson 20/1 (22/1 1st round leader market)

He’s as steady as they come, not the longest hitter but keeps it on
    the short stuff. Has a good record here of T3 twice in 4 starts. He
    was T8 in the US Open and T10 in the Masters and although he finished
    T37 at his last start in November in the RSM, he did finish with a 66.

Viktor Hovland 22/1 (22/1 1st round leader market)

I think I’ve said it all about Viktor, he’s my ace in the pack for this
    year. He won last time out in the Mayakoba finishing with rounds of 63
    and 65. Quite simply I think he’s the best young player on the tour.

Joaquin Niemann 40/1 (33/1 1st round leader market)

He has his off days, but when he’s hot he’s a birdie machine. A very
    decent T5 in this last year, with an opening round of 66 which as outright
    1st round leader netted me a 30/1 winner. I quite fancy him to go well again
    in the 1st round betting.

Best of luck Darren and Raymo, it would be great to get off to a flying start.
    If we all do as well as last year I think we’d settle for that. All the best
    guys :good:

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6966

Bets for new Tennis season start in WTA ABU DHABI

ELINA RYBAKINA 15/1

Has decent draw got form in middle East where took Halep to limit in final last year she started year well last season won in Shenzaen her draw with Jabeur and Muchova is not that tough while last 8 vs Sabalenka she not fear her can beat her get to final.

LAYLAH FERNANDEZ 80/1

Rising star in sport open up with Jasmine Pasolini expect to beat her than a improving Jennifer Brady be tough but she a dark horse who got the talent go far bottom half not tough apart from Pliskova and Svitolina.

HUBERT HURCACZ 17/5 ATP Delray Beach

Big hitting pole has ideal draw where Garin be hardest rival but that player better on slow terrain unless a Isner get to final i not see him getting beat

MATTEO BERRETINI 3/1 ATP ANTYALA Open

Number 1 seed here and this not a strong heat for big server from Italy ideal place open up with a win Bulbik Foggnini and Struff not strong seeds vs him think have enough best them likely De Minaur in final

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6966

Ante post bets for ATP Tennis season

FELIX AUGER ALLISAME 66/1 Australian open

Big serving Canadian who got the game beat anyone stuff Murray last year in US open and is getting better in slams and also done well in masters 1000 events and Australia might be place see him make his biggest impact so far

DOMINIC THIEM 4/1 French open

2nd best player on clay from 2017 to 2019 had a win over Nadal on clay each year apart from last year.this slam with season likely be normal this year build up clay court form and can topple Rafa here.

ANDY MURRAY 28/1 Wimbledon

This might be best chance of winning another slam and feel fitness get better as year go on and what a sight be if could get to Wimbledon final and no reason why not.

BELINDA BENCIC 50/1 Wimbledon

Add her for US open and every chance Wimbledon suits her to and I feel this be a big year gor her pull out of Abu Dhabi but she is back playing Tennis so can be a force later this year.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6966

BigG

Any views on the golf at halfway stage Rahm and Schauffele my best hopes here but going ok

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6966

COLIN MORIKAWA 11/4 Win Sentry tournament of champions

Final day and this major winner can win this title play at venue since was 9 years old and back in that form where won a major last year Palmer a weak finisher and I like English he on masters and PGA Money list bets but feel be hard for him get over winning line

BigG any views on final day

BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9010

Sorry I’ve been missing a couple of days Darren, the final round well
    underway. Your man Morikawa is 1 over after 4, but he’s still 2nd fav
    and very much in the hunt. I thought I was out of it but Niemann is 4
    under after 6 and 1 behind English. I hope one of us gets a result out
    of this. Best of luck mate :good:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 708 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.