The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Damage Control

Home Forums Memorials Damage Control

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Illavim
    Participant
    • Total Posts 142

Sadly lost in the first race at Fairyhouse yesterday, fell at the first hurdle, first race since joining Gordon Elliott from Andrew Balding at the start of December.
    RIP Damage Control

lochinver
    Participant
    • Total Posts 229

Oh no … I’ve been trying to find out about him … just seen a replay of this race and saw the dreaded screens … a hurdle race for 3 year olds … not my cup of tea … so sorry for his loss …

Ex RubyLight
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1852

Poor horse, had no idea what was happening.

A pretty expensive purchase for 70,000 Euros considering that he only won a Flat maiden at Chepstow. But, the Morans can spend whatever they want to.

May he rest in peace.

Question regarding the Easyfix Hurdles:
    What makes them so popular when it comes to schooling horses over them? I mean if you step on such a hurdle, there is no way you can knock it down, like a conventional hurdle. This results into a somersault for most of the times. Anyone who knows more?

patriot1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 534

I don’t know for sure Ruby but I suspect the rate of falls over the Easy fix hurdles will be lower than conventional ones because they are shaped better. Be interesting to see a comparison of death rates.

I was at Perth when they trialled them after racing several years ago. They do seem pretty solid(made of hard plastic). I’m not sure why they have never been given the go ahead in Britain.

Dragut
    Participant
    • Total Posts 15

Just watching the replay of this race. The fence where Damage Control fell became the 2nd last on the second circuit and was dolled off. The horse who was running in 6th place appeared to jump the fence which I would’ve thought should’ve been a DQ but there was no mention of this in the results.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.