The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Daily Star Chase 2020

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Daily Star Chase 2020

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3807
    greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3807
    FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2718

A lot of old rogues in that race

Don’t think there’s an order they could finish in that would be a shock

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3807

Storyteller- fit, rightful fav
    Tout est Permis- really hope his price reflects chance of resurgence not merely good stable form
    Shattered Love- busted flush? Delighted to be proved wrong
    Alpha des Obeaux – Old Reliable
    Balko des Flos – another possible has been; again, hope not. I JUST WANT THEM TO BE HAPPY! <weeps>
    Ravenhill- 10yo but not overraced. Looks quite nice price, though has penalty
    Jett- is that the slightly weird horse who is a bit mad and sometimes pulls or does random horrible jumps for no apparent reason but some days he doesn’t , looks great and wins? Or am I thinking of one of the other Jetty horses? :scratch:
    Freewheelin Dylan- not good enough. But fun fact: has won more chases than any other gelding in the race. (Shattered Love won 6 but all mares’ or novices only).

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 16271

Got to go for old Alpha Des Obeaux here. This is the type of race that’s made for him. I’d expect him to be bang there.

Think Ravenhill could outrun odds.

Alpha Des Obeaux 5’s

Kendicate
    Participant
    • Total Posts 81

Jett seems the value to me. Won the race last year, albeit different track. similar field and was also supposedly badly treated at the weights. Ran a cracker in the Irish Hennessy gold cup.

Not sure what the plan is for the horse this season. It’s too high in the weights for a Cheltenham handicap and you have to think that the waley Cohen’s have bought it with some plan in mind.

If the grand national is the plan then u wud have to think it’s aim this season is to get the handicap down by a few pounds. If so then watching brief advised.

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3807

You put it more succinctly than me. Rogue is the word I was looking for re: Jett
    The others- I don’t think rogues. As the redoubtable Hen Knight says, there’s usually a reason Giggi running the fekkin legs off them

jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3021

This is one of those races i find almost impossible to get a view in there so hard to split.

Had looked at Tout Est Permis because of Meade’s form but like GAG i think the price already includes his form.

One to watch, like all of that Punchestown card tbh.

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3807

https://www.racingpost.com/news/previews/trainer-quotes-and-analysis-as-top-staying-chasers-clash-in-wide-open-grade-3/454688

Meade says poss a touch undercooked so I will avoid.

A race to watch like you say.

Kendicate
    Participant
    • Total Posts 81

Jett is like all rougues green grass – just a bit misunderstood. U are right tho . He’s an inconsistent performer. The trainer said when it won this last yr that 3 miles + is the key to him (I’m not a big fan of listening to the trainer) it does beg the question why they kept running it over shorter thereafter. Hence my plot /suspicion regards longer term aim.

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3807

Jett is like all rougues green grass – just a bit misunderstood.

He refused at the 10th in the virtual GN. Told ya. ROGUE. ;-)

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3807

Just looked- he’s 25s for 2021 GN. I shall pass for now.

peter .h
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1325

I fancy Jett for Aintree and expect his connections will be doing all they can to help their cause. For that reason I’ll skip on him today.

I think Ravenhill is overpriced and I’ll have a bit of fun e/w.

Kendicate
    Participant
    • Total Posts 81

Yes I was indignant at the computers verdict in the virtual grand national. He led the irish hennessy gold cup most the way so definitely would have made it passed beechers first time.

It was also 100/1 for the real national so 25s is a joke of an antepost price.

Agreed if it wins today then blows its mark for that so most likely will just be out for a run

Kendicate
    Participant
    • Total Posts 81

Pretty Straightforward for The storyteller in the end. Ok run from Jett.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.