The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Eclipse 2011

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Eclipse 2011

Viewing 17 posts - 69 through 85 (of 211 total)
  • Author
    • Total Posts 17

So you Think still did not settle for the first 3f…was struggling to get him restrained. Workforce has the complete run of the race…racing far out of a easy in fact farcical early pace.

Came and done him with the minimum of fuss….Good performance and put Workforce in his place.

The early pace is not enough for Workforce, who is a 12F horse

Snow Fairy not in her day, even in parade ring, compared with last year I seen in HK!

RedRiot
    • Total Posts 870

Would be rather on Pour Moi or Baraan than these two in the Arc, exciting race but slow time for a 1m2f race.

• Total Posts 17

Would be rather on Pour Moi or Baraan than these two in the Arc, exciting race but slow time for a 1m2f race.

SYT is not a Arc prospect, at least!

Avatar photoRubyisgodinthesaddle
    • Total Posts 1150

Fair enough Workforce is a 12f but Sandown is a stiff finish and was running away from him in the end not stopping. I see no reason why So You Think won’t put him in the place once again the only way he be beaten is if he doesn’t settle early on.

• Total Posts 1150

Seamus Heff should keep the ride….was so most confident and smarter in the saddle than Moore was in at Ascot. He obviously has the feel for the horse and deserves to keep the ride.

RedRiot
    • Total Posts 870

Cox Plate looks next target from what was said, International also mentioned, if I was Cecil I’d be immediately putting him up against SO You Think at York, much easier to beat So You Think at 1m2f than Canford Cliffs at 1m.

Participant
    • Total Posts 4691

I am absolutely stunned by that. I’m very surprised at how Workforce was ridden and I’m very surprised he didn’t have the gears. I’m amazed So You Think had the speed he showed and I’m really quite baffled by what happened at Ascot.

Participant
    • Total Posts 3777

So You Think won’t even be aimed at any group 1 mile and a half race in Europe, let alone the Arc – which would test his questionable stamina to the very limit. Pour Moi, Sarafina and Workforce, among others, would be too good for him anyway over that trip.

No, he will remain at 10f and his next race will probably be the Juddmonte at York – unless of course, Sir Henry decides to send Frankel there instead. :wink:

Gambling Only Pays When You're Winning

• Total Posts 1415

I am absolutely stunned by that. I’m very surprised at how Workforce was ridden and I’m very surprised he didn’t have the gears. I’m amazed So You Think had the speed he showed and I’m really quite baffled by what happened at Ascot.

Despite all the hype and stuff So You Think has probably run no better than he did at Ascot. Given we know Sri Putra’s level of form he may even have run slightly below his Ascot form. Workforce is a very good horse but he is a stayer he needs twelve furlongs he’s run a very good race at ten furlongs.

The one thing I take out of it all is Rewilding is probably an improved horse this year.

As for Frankel he’ll beat Canford Cliffs or So You Think comfortably as long as he’s ridden properly. I have no doubt whatsoever about that.

• Total Posts 1150

Everyone was baffled at Ascot Zarkava!!!!!!!!!…4/11 price indicates that they thought it be a gallop up and a gallop back.

Main Aim is the Irish Champion Stakes as that is where all the best horses go over 1m2f. Don’t think he can go for the Arc if he wants to race in that Auzzie race, he have to quartine.

• Total Posts 1150

The more i watch it the more easier it becomes…..he absolutely hacked over Workforce and when asked to quicken immediatly he doesn’t work like that as he needs to hit top stride but once he did he destroyed Workforce in no uncertain terms and even Workforce had the favored rail to run up against. Very rarely to horse’s on the outside in Sandown win like SYT did today.

The key in this race is him getting into top gear…once he does that he is a different animal to anything in Europe. He Hacked up!

• Total Posts 17

Fair enough Workforce is a 12f but Sandown is a stiff finish and was running away from him in the end not stopping. I see no reason why So You Think won’t put him in the place once again the only way he be beaten is if he doesn’t settle early on.

Seamus Heff should keep the ride….was so most confident and smarter in the saddle than Moore was in at Ascot. He obviously has the feel for the horse and deserves to keep the ride.

Personally, the only things can beat SYT in 10F is putting him into the stamina test as POW.

Seamie did what Steve Arnold in Australia: Settle the horse with cover, don’t let him to see the daylight until 2f out to fully utilize his dash and power.

Cox Plate looks next target from what was said, International also mentioned, if I was Cecil I’d be immediately putting him up against SO You Think at York, much easier to beat So You Think at 1m2f than Canford Cliffs at 1m.

Frankel? He is a bit far for 10F

SoYouThink
    • Total Posts 42

Mr Wilson badly exposed as a bit of a chancer here.

And there are some others who will be proven wrong in time.

Workforce needs a big field to be at his best, but even with that, I’m not sure if he’s good enough to beat So You Think over twelve furlongs. Certainly, So You Think had asserted by the line and looked the better stayer there.

Also, am I reading this right, So You Think has questionable stamina? Eh hello, he was third in a Melbourne Cup.

By all means question if he’s better over 10f than 12f (I certainly think he is) but questionable stamina? Are you for real?

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

HAIL THE BEST HORSE IN THE WORLD "SO YOU THINK"
    and he did it coming from behind, eased up on the line.

PMSL – the only diffference between them was a few buckets of water on the course. :lol:
    Given the fast ground and the distance both played against Workforce, SYT doesn’t even come out the best horse in the race.

• Total Posts 1150

No Worries with the Arc….the problem he prob won’t settle to win that race which he would have to do.

• Total Posts 1415

I have So You Think running to 122 today. Its impossible to rate him MUCH higher unless you buy into Sri Putra running better than he ever has and given the number or runs he’s had in his career that is highly unlikely. Depends on what you rate Sri Putra I have him as a solid but exposed 114 horse.

SoYouThink
    • Total Posts 42

HAIL THE BEST HORSE IN THE WORLD "SO YOU THINK"
    and he did it coming from behind, eased up on the line.

PMSL – the only diffference between them was a few buckets of water on the course. :lol:
    Given the fast ground and the distance both played against Workforce, SYT doesn’t even come out the best horse in the race.

My goodness, another chancer. So an inability to deal with the ground and the distance makes Workforce a superior racehorse? Is it silly season on this forum today?

Viewing 17 posts - 69 through 85 (of 211 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.