The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Eclipse 2011

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Eclipse 2011

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 211 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 9230

If even half those in the top ten of this opening price listing from Corals turn up we’re in for one helluva race.

Coral-Eclipse betting

Coral: 5-1 Workforce, 7 Canford Cliffs, Cape Blanco, Twice Over, 8 Snow Fairy, So You Think, 10 Await The Dawn, 12 Midday, Pathfork, 14 Casamento, Dick Turpin, Planteur, Roderic O’Connor, Wigmore Hall, 16 Rewilding, Rio De La Plata, Seville, Stacelita, 20 Crystal Capella, Jan Vermeer, Misty For Me, Monterosso, Recital, 25 Bar

• Total Posts 1508

Agreed David,a top class field on paper at the moment but what would you have your money on now at the above prices? Personally i would wait for the King George with both Workforce and Cape Blanco who i believe both want a 11/2m to show their best,i’m not convinced either Dick Turpin or Canford Cliffs are 11/4m horses so i would have my money e/w on a 25/1 outsider in

Ransom Note

,i’m expecting big things from him this year and believe the trip could be his optimum as a 4yo.

Presto
    • Total Posts 315

Great to see after the terribly weak edition we had last year. If you don’t remember there were 5 runners, with Twice Over beating Sri Putra and Viscount Nelson, with a first-up Da Re Mi not a factor and Zacinto beaten out of sight.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7870

PLANTEUR 14/1

Like racing in a small field i think it cut up this race.He win Ganay and be much shorter in betting horse to beat at 1m2 races this year.

Participant
    • Total Posts 4691

Frankel not entered, boooo. Had £30 on him at 8s for this. Well if he’s not entered for this then he’s got no chance of running in the Derby.

Avatar photoRubyisgodinthesaddle
    • Total Posts 1150

Never been a fan of this race…mainly because Sandown looks terrible at the winning post :twisted:

• Total Posts 1046

Afsare in the hands of the master target trainer 8) 25/1

Avatar photoRubyisgodinthesaddle
    • Total Posts 1150

So You Think vs Workforce.

Workforce over 10f??? are you for real. This horse has no chance over 10f in any Top class Group 1 on rock hard ground at Sandown. Far more stamina laden horse than SO You Think.

So You THink with Fallon on board, riding from the front, slow it up and then quicken from the front and leave the boat all over the place behind. Could Spencer come into the ride????.

Participant
    • Total Posts 239

Ruby,

we’ll agree to disagree then. See, I think Workforce has every chance of beating So You Think in the Eclipse.

Despite his Derby and Arc win I believe Workforce is a tad underated.

I think he ran really well on his seasonal debut despite not being fully fit.

I think Stoute will ensure a very strong gallop in this to bring Workforce’s stamina into play. He’ll have seen the way the Prince of Wales went and will try to replicate this in my opinion.

Given the rain we are having I do not think the ground will be rock hard.

Hoping this will be a titanic battle.

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

I’m with you BB. Workforce is a different animal to Rewilding and, as you say, given a strong gallop and uphill finish, will take all the beating.

Hannon now talking about running Canford Cliffs as well!!!

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

Participant
    • Total Posts 239

Don’t think Magnier will allow Canford Cliffs to take on So You Think – more’s the pity. Just imagine it; Workforce v So You Think v Canford Cliffs – mouthwatering stuff!

• Total Posts 638

Remember Canford Cliffs is a Coolmore stallion prospect now.
    An entry isn’t a run, isn’t a win…its just an entry at this stage.
    Classic Coolmore introducing the idea that Canford Cliffs is a 10f horse…widening the net for mares.
    Very canny.

RedRiot
    • Total Posts 870

As much as Rewilding has progressed and improved (much like his half sister Dar Re Mi did), Rewilding for me is still short of that world class bracket as such horses as Canford Cliffs et al and for So You Think not to beat him was hugely disappointing, for me he is all hype and nothing more, even at 10f Workforce will have far too much class than So You Think, just cause he was unbeaten at 1m2f in Austrailia, over here So You Thinks 1m2f wins have been against stamina horses anyway, so couldn’t have So You Think

Still I think Workforce’s main challenger will come from Ballydoyle however, Await The Dawn if he goes for this is capable of a huge run and I’d see him a more likely threat, of course if he runs.

Cape Blanco has been very disappointing this season but he hasn’t had his firm ground he loves, could be a changing factor if there is some decent weather.

Participant
    • Total Posts 32177

No guarantee the ground being on the quick side. Workforce’s 1st run of the season looked very encouraging to me, he picked up very well and was conceding plenty of weight all-round. This will be a tougher race obviously but he will improve again. So You Think still has it all to prove.

I would like to see Canford run 10f but don’t think this is the race to be doing it in. Take Frankel on first in the Sussex then if they like target the Breeders Cup Classic.

Blackbeard to conquer the World

Participant
    • Total Posts 2034

I am in the So You Think camp, however think a strongly run 10f at Sandown is perfect for Workfoce. Aidan is missing a trick, So You Think should go to Ascot next.

Participant
    • Total Posts 4691

All about Workforce off a quick pace.

andyod
    • Total Posts 4012

I believe they bought Canford Cliffs to add a sprinter to their roster, not a mile and 2 horse.However if he turns out to be both all the better.Coolmore never duck a challenge even with SYT he must prove himself. They don’t have any dodgers in their barn. They operate in the public arena and cannot afford it.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 211 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.