The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Eclipse 2010

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Eclipse 2010

Viewing 17 posts - 35 through 51 (of 81 total)
  • Author
    • Total Posts 1982

Not a great renewal, but far, far from terrible. They have won twelve Group races between them, four at the highest level (courtesy of Dar Re Mi and Twice Over).

Viscount Nelson is the only runner in the field without a Group race to his name, but is obviously open to more improvement than anything else in the field and it’s interesting that he is Ballydoyle’s only representative. They have won three out of the last five Group One races they have targeted, with Age Of Aquarius only narrowly missing out on the Ascot Gold Cup.

No obvious pacesetter in the line-up, but John Gosden is as shrewd as they come and he won’t have Dar Re Mi far away. She made all to land the Pretty Polly last year.

Promises to be an intriguing tactical contest. I have to say I’m quite looking forward to the race now that it has cut up a bit.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Showed a distinct turn of foot when touched off in her 10f G3 run, and a distinct touch of class when winning and battling for her G1 10f win. Since when she’s improved still further..not sure why she’s an out and out 12f horse, will she suddenly stop running, lose all her class and finish out the back after 9f or something?

You are referring to Dar re mi"s Pretty Polly victory in Ireland there Bucksy? A farce of a race,Look here was badly ridden and the only reason she won was because the 11/4m at the Curragh in soft ground is like a 11/2m anyway and as for beating Beach Bunny in a photo! :lol: :lol: I have had my photo taken with plenty Beach Bunnys on Skeggy Beach after a Donkey ride!

• Total Posts 1046

But this is similar, if not worse, opposition for her..

write out the Group 1 form figures for these horses at any trip..

and see what’s what :wink:

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

But this is similar, if not worse, opposition for her..

:shock: We"ll see!

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Can’t have Dar Re Mi in a million years, Mawatheeq is the best bet at 7-1.

RedRiot
    • Total Posts 870

Will be a two horse race between the filly and Twice Over and the betting seems fair to me.

Dar Re Mi is the class act in the race but maybe would want the extra two furlongs but she has enough speed to win this, Twice Over was very disappointing here last year but he should of won The Prince Of Wales Stakes and he provides stiff opposition for the filly.

Shame Rip Van Winkle is not fit enough for this.

Participant
    • Total Posts 817

On the figures through Sariska Dar Re Mi is at least as good as Twice Over so at 3/1 (compared to 2s the Cecil horse) has to be the value.

Also she was very much in the mix in what could turn out to be one of the best Arcs ever run (Youmzain and Fame & Glory appear thus far to be cementing the Sea The Stars form).

Twice Over is starting to look like a horse who needs everything to drop into place. Fans will blame Queally’s riding at both Ascot and Meydan for the seemingly unlucky shows, however I think he is a rather one paced individual who struggles to react in a hotly contested Group 1 affair – once the excuses run out animals like him often prove to be short of top class and I am happy to take him on.

Dar Re Mi strikes me as the sort of mare who is steadily improving with age, and she could well prove a lot better than her rivals on Saturday – in much the same way Tryptych did in her Champion Stakes and Coronation Cup victories, once the serious horses were left at home. In other words without a Sea The Stars to contend with she should shine – and comparing Arc form with Eclipse form last year through the Sea The Stars form line, Twice Over is vastly inferior to Dar Re Mi.

Also, I know it was ages ago, but the visual impression of her maiden victory over the course still lingers long in the memory.

I think Zacinto was flattered by his proximity to wonder mare Goldikova at Ascot – the attritional pace and the mare idling in front contributed to the 3rd and 4th being seriously flattered. Putting it another way, if you remove Goldikova and Paco Boy from the race Zacinto has been beaten 3/4l by a 114 rated animal – surely nowhere near good enough to trouble the Gosden mare on Saturday?

andyod
    • Total Posts 4012

How good is Viscount Nelson? Certainlky not amongst Ballydoyle’s best 3 yos. Do they really think he is good enough for this company?I will be amazed if he is in the first three.And in a six horse race!

Ardrossthegreat
    • Total Posts 303

I have to concur with the Dar Re Mi fans here. She is the only true Group 1 runner in the field and the Sandown hill will help her i think, it will find most of these out i reckon.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Dar Re Mi makes all

gl 8)

Brilliant analysis :mrgreen: I agree

Dar re mi has as much chance of winning the Eclipse as Profound Beauty has winning the King George! No Chance! 8)

I get it…..the Mighty Twice Over is such a superior animal Dar Re Mei has no chance :shock: ………talk about walking on a tightrope……If you didn’t have that certificate saying you were now sane I’d swear you were mad.

• Total Posts 1046

:mrgreen:

Participant
    • Total Posts 2034

Dar Re Mi needs all of the 10 furlongs in her ideal races. I can not see the mare winning a 10f race.

Participant
    • Total Posts 3777

As unexciting an Eclipse as I can remember. Of the horses involved I can’t really muster up much enthusiasm for any, although if forced to bet, Dar Re Mi makes most appeal.

Gambling Only Pays When You're Winning

• Total Posts 1511

What a terrible Eclipse.

Who cares who wins tbh

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

What a terrible Eclipse.

Who cares who wins tbh

Quality not quantity imo.

• Total Posts 1415

What a terrible Eclipse.

Who cares who wins tbh

Quality not quantity imo.

I think its lacking in both. As all aged group ones go this is pretty weak. Trappy affair though. There are a few people on here with strong opinions, rather them than me. I’ll just watch and keep my money in my pocket.

Swifto
    • Total Posts 16

I’m on Twice Over. Cant see him being beat once he gets going.

Sandown is a very similar track to ascot and he would have won there if he hadnt been pushed back IMO.

As long as he gets a decent position and holds it, I cant see him being beaten.

Viewing 17 posts - 35 through 51 (of 81 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.