The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Christie’s Foxhunters

Home Forums Horse Racing Christie’s Foxhunters

Viewing 14 posts - 18 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    FlatSeasonLover
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2068

I will edit this because I don’t won’t people to think I am blaming anyone for my bets; I decided to back it and was wrong.

(Edited by FlatSeasonLover at 5:26 pm on Mar. 16, 2007)

• Total Posts 1268

(Edited by non vintage at 5:27 pm on Mar. 16, 2007)

FlatSeasonLover
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2068

Sorry I wasn’t blaming Happy Jack at all, think you have misinterpretated my post.

Meant I wish I hadn’t backed it, just like i hadn’t backed Exotic Dancer, Degas Art and Flight Leader.

• Total Posts 1268

Clearly. No probs and apologies in that case FSL!

Participant
    • Total Posts 862

About to do something utterly stupid and back what is arguably the biggest dodge pot in training.

Off a decent weight though and choc is riding the course so well that the price looks tempting.

Don’t bet e/w often but at 16’s surely he’ll look one of the likeliest winners coming down the hill and should be good enough to offer nothing off the bridle but still run into a place.

Lee

Participant
    • Total Posts 862

Well that was in the wrong topic but in all fairness FSL, for Whyso Mayo to get back into contention after the early blunder, clout the last and still just get beat it was a cracking performance and we’ll never know whether he’d have been good enough otherwise but lost nothing in defeat IMO.

Lee

FlatSeasonLover
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2068

Don’t do that Lee, I’ve backed the dodgepot in question! Gone for a get out of jail stake ew on Andreas and Tysou.

Participant
    • Total Posts 862

GO ON YOU BEAUTY !!!

<br>Well done FSL

FlatSeasonLover
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2068

Well done Lee i don’t know who needed that more! Probably you to be fair but thats cheered me up somewhat.

Participant
    • Total Posts 862

Thanks mate, unbelievably puts me into profit during what has been, to be blunt, a p*ss poor tipping week.

As e/w betting seems to be the next garlic bread, I’ll be attempting to end the week in style with Ameeq e/w

FlatSeasonLover
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2068

Reckon I am about £100 up which is a small miracle.

I am taking Kawaginos run last time at face value and punting it ew with a saver on Whispered promises and Crow wood.

• Total Posts 790

Made In Japan e.w with Fair Along winning.

Participant
    • Total Posts 515

Didn’t really see that one coming – Drombeag has always had stacks of potential but certainly didn’t expect him to show it fully today. A fine training performance (but also cue grumblings from myself & others about professionally trained horses in hunter chases – although this isn’t the time and place for that).

There is no point whatsoever complaining about Whyso Mayo’s jumping as you have got to factor that in when you back him. He was just unfortunate to come up against something today that stayed the trip extremely well (unsurprising considering he was once third in the NH Chase), jumped like a buck and was given a masterful ride by a man who, for the past decade, has been the most consistently good amateur on either side of the Irish Sea.

I’m disappointed, but it’s not the end of the world. I still think that Whyso Mayo is the best hunter chaser around and am confident he’ll prove it if he turns up at Punchestown.

Hey-ho, onwards and upwards, back to trying to find the winner of the Restricted at Cottenham tomorrow :biggrin:

Participant
    • Total Posts 6966

Can’t argue with any of that, HJ, and maybe the combination of (1) another year of maturing – he’s not exactly ancient yet – and (2) coming into the race a fresh horse this time are explanation enough for Drombeag’s triumph today.

Have fun at Cottenham tomorrow, sir. Not been anywhere myself since Didmarton a fortnight ago, but we’ll see what next weekend brings (if I can drag myself away from the Hitchin Beer Festival…..)

Jeremy<br>(graysonscolumn)<br>

Adoptive father of two. The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

Viewing 14 posts - 18 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.