March 10, 2007 at 21:46 #1001
(Yes, I know this isn’t the Cheltenham part of the forum, but I hope Cormack doesn’t mind me posting this here as well as I don’t want anyone to miss out)
As I am feeling in an extremely generous mood (a rare occurrance), I have decided to run a Cheltenham Festival-themed quiz, and am offering as a prize to the winner One Club Enclosure Ticket to Champion Chase Day at Cheltenham on Wednesday March 14th.
Much of the quiz is historically-based, in order to stop people simply clicking though the Racing Post website, but all of the answers can be found online if you look hard enough.
Please PM me the answers, do not post them on this thread. In the case of a dead-heat, a random draw will take place to decide the winner. Closing date for receipt of entries is 10.30pm on Sunday.
The question-master’s decision is final, there will be no cash alternative, blah blah blah…….
I will post the results on here as soon as I can after the close of the quiz and the winner will be posted his/her ticket by recorded delivery on Monday. Apologies for the lateness of this quiz but it was a bit of a spur-of-the-moment thing!
Fill in the gaps:
1. 1st Bula, 2nd XXX, 3rd Major Rose<br>2. 1st XXX, 2nd Monksfield, 3rd Dramatist<br>3. 1st Silver Buck, 2nd XXX, 3rd Sunset Cristo<br>4. 1st Burrough Hill Lad, 2nd Brown Chamberlain, 3rd XXX<br>5. 1st See You Then, 2nd Flatterer, 3rd XXX<br>6. 1st XXX, 2nd CavvieÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢s Clown, 3rd Beau Ranger
Name the following 2007 Cheltenham contenders by their breeding.
7. Alflora ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â‚¬Å“ Teenero (Teenoso) (foaled 2001)<br>8. Presenting ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â‚¬Å“ Polly Puttens (Pollerton) (foaled 2000)<br>9. Bricassar – Doulina (Dastaan) (foaled 2001)<br>10. Kalanisi ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â‚¬Å“ Miracle (Ezzoud) (foaled 2003)<br>11. Hernando ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â‚¬Å“ Kaprice (Windwurf) (foaled 2000)
12. Which famous Flat stayer won the second renewal of the Champion Hurdle?<br>13. Who was the first horse to win more than one renewal of the Cheltenham Gold Cup?<br>14. What is the connection between a successful pre-war Cheltenham Gold Cup winning jockey and a trainer of a leading 2007 contender for the same race?<br>15. In the last fifty years only five five-year-olds have won the Champion Hurdle. Name them (3pts for all five, 2pts for four, 1pt for three)<br>16. In the last thirty years only five ten-year-olds have won the Cheltenham Gold Cup. Name them (3pts for all five, 2pts for four, 1pt for three)
Which jockeys, currently more famous for their training exploits, were associated with the following Cheltenham Festival winners?
17. Skymas (won in 1976/77)<br>18. Bit Of A Jig (1976)<br>19. Linwell (1957)<br>20. Alverton (1979)March 11, 2007 at 08:54 #43138
To the topMarch 11, 2007 at 17:10 #43139
To the top again
Big prize to be won here guys & girls, don’t miss out on your chance to win!March 11, 2007 at 19:34 #43140SalMember
- Total Posts 562
To the top – 3 hours to go!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.